Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins and Dunlap Frustrated with Being Phased Out
(10-20-2020, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Better than who?

How many big impact plays has Covington made?  217 snaps, 0 sacks, 0 TFL, 0 QB hits, 14 tkls

Better than what he has been playing.....
And Covington has 14 more tackles than Geno....
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Better than what he has been playing.....
And Covington has 14 more tackles than Geno....

You honestly don't believe that Convington is better than Geno do you?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:11 PM)J24 Wrote: You honestly don't believe that Convington is better than Geno do you?

Uh, no. I also don't believe Bledsoe is better than Dunlap. But the simple fact is, neither of these guys are playing up to their potential, Geno probably due to his shoulder and Carlos due to effort. So the question is, should the coach just let them hold the starting positions because they are veterans, ala Marvin, or should he cut their snaps until they start producing again. Can't have it both ways. I'm really starting to think all the complaints about Marvin always playing the vets no matter what were a bunch of BS.... seems to me that's exactly what people now want Taylor to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Uh, no. I also don't believe Bledsoe is better than Dunlap. But the simple fact is, neither of these guys are playing up to their potential, Geno probably due to his shoulder and Carlos due to effort. So the question is, should the coach just let them hold the starting positions because they are veterans, ala Marvin, or should he cut their snaps until they start producing again. Can't have it both ways. I'm really starting to think all the complaints about Marvin always playing the vets no matter what were a bunch of BS.... seems to me that's exactly what people now want Taylor to do.

1.) Carlos effort? Seriously he had 9 solo Tackles (6 stops) against the Eagles, had a pff grade of 70 against the Jags, and he had a sack last week against the Ravens. So how is he showing a lack of effort. He came info the Colts game playing well so him not playing well or without effort doesn't seem to fit reality.

2.) We were up 21 our two best pass rushers should have been out there?

3.) Its about putting the best players out there period Lou and Zack didn't do that against the Colts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:27 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Carlos effort? Seriously he had 9 solo Tackles (6 stops) against the Eagles, had a pff grade of 70 against the Jags, and he had a sack last week against the Ravens. So how is he showing a lack of effort. He came info the Colts game playing well so him not playing well or without effort doesn't seem to fit reality.

3.) Its about putting the best players out there period Lou and Zack didn't do that against the Colts.

#2 is so important. Carlos hasn't looked bad at all to me these last few games. No way we have anyone better than Geno for those situations either, it is kinda crazy how they are phasing them out if they aren't going to trade them. Massive cap money just sitting on the bench on the sidelines lol.

I think we've lost them though, they are too far gone. This locker room seems to be imploding, and ol' Joe Burrow is getting a look at the amount of respect this HC is getting. To me, that's the most important part. Burrow is super talented, and MB needs to signs that when all the vets are frustrated and won't respect the HC, they know that HC isn't going to take anyone far. 

Trade them all as much as you can, and get rid of Zac at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:11 PM)J24 Wrote: You honestly don't believe that Convington is better than Geno do you?

It is not about how they are playing.  It is just personal with him.

He is crying for Geno to play 100% of the snaps.  That proves that his position has nothing to do with logic or what is best for the team.
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of when I got all salty at my wife

She traded me in, a 40 year old failed TQL broker living in Glenn Este, making 34K a year, and tacking on 39 lbs since our marriage

For a 28 year old CPA hunk who can dunk a basketball and runs his own firm making 800k/year.

Life goes on, suck it up.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 01:51 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s not seeing that even if he finishes with the product you suggest

Averaging 0.5 sacks per game with 10 games left = 5 sacks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't have much of a problem with limting snaps for Geno. Carlos is another story, but if he's not mentally invested in what the staff is doing, then whatever. They may not be of much use at the moment, but they'll be of zero use if they're hurt.

I hope that trades are being considered. I really don't want guys on this team that want to antagonize the staff, as awful as they may be. Taylor has enough problems keeping his big boy pants on and trying to convince people that he's a NFL HC. Last thing he needs is a locker room mutiny from dudes making a combined 25 mil this season.

Much of this is circumstantial. Both payers were extended when Marv was still intact. Things might have gone differently if they let go of him a year earlier, but that's water under the bridge.

I'd find any way I could to liberate the team from these salaries. Let new leaders like Bates and Jackson take over and spend the money on useful players.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:59 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't have much of a problem with limting snaps for Geno. Carlos is another story, but if he's not mentally invested in what the staff is doing, then whatever. They may not be of much use at the moment, but they'll be of zero use if they're hurt.

I hope that trades are being considered. I really don't want guys on this team that want to antagonize the staff, as awful as they may be. Taylor has enough problems keeping his big boy pants on and trying to convince people that he's a NFL HC. Last thing he needs is a locker room mutiny from dudes making a combined 25 mil this season.

Much of this is circumstantial. Both payers were extended when Marv was still intact. Things might have gone differently if they let go of him a year earlier, but that's water under the bridge.

I'd find any way I could to liberate the team from these salaries. Let new leaders like Bates and Jackson take over and spend the money on useful players.

To Carlos’s credit why would he have faith in a MOFO that’s 0-18-1? These aren’t high school or college kids that are stuck where they are at. Carlos is a grown ass man and we as men listen to PROVEN winners. This reminds me of the Cleveland Cavs team that turned on David Blatt. ZT is making BIG changes and they aren’t coming with wins. ZT every game starts to come off as a guy who thinks he’s the smartest in the room when he’s really an idiot. The ckout he got from coaching on that Rams team may have inflated his ego to such a point it ends up being detrimental

But then again it’s our fault for signing him. We also have to admit that good coaches would never coach here. So it’s totally plausible he was our best option at the time.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:47 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: She traded me in, a 40 year old failed TQL broker

I've heard quite a few stories about that place being not a whole lot of fun to work at.

One guy that I knew told me he was basically on call 24 hours a day.  If a shipment got fudged up at in the middle of the night he had to deal with it.  But I think he made pretty good money there, because he got in years back.

Another guy I knew took a job there and said that they were "encouraged" to work like 60 hours a week at the office.  Meaning, technically you're a regular 40 hour a week employee, but we'll judge the shit out of you/fire you if you're not here way more.  He got the hell out of there as soon as something else came up.

And another person I know worked there and said they built up a bunch of accounts for their first year, and when that year was up they let them go.  The gist I got is you're basically on probation for the beginning and then when you're due to actually start making some real money they get rid of you, and just funnel your accounts back to the senior sales reps.

I've been in sales for a long time, and there's been two times where I was looking for a new job these last 10 years.  This place got recommended to me both times, but something has told me to avoid it like the plague.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 02:27 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Carlos effort? Seriously he had 9 solo Tackles (6 stops) against the Eagles, had a pff grade of 70 against the Jags, and he had a sack last week against the Ravens. So how is he showing a lack of effort. He came info the Colts game playing well so him not playing well or without effort doesn't seem to fit reality.

They didn't blitz a lot, but when they did, Rivers was still 7/10 for 88 yards. They dropped 7/8 into coverage quite a few times, that didn't work either. Between the lack of pressure when they did blitz and Rivers picking them apart in coverage, it was just a sad effort all the way around. They made the old man look like he was in his prime.
Reply/Quote
I have a problem with ANYONE getting their snaps limited for a worse player. No matter how bad they were supposedly playing

If we look in 6 games and Covington and/or Bledsoe have been ineffective then this would go down as another stupid coaching decision by ZT
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: And if these issues have persisted in 18+ losses in two seasons, at what point does it become more than a player issue?  Taylor says they gotta fix the mistakes.  22 games later and the mistakes aren't fixed.  That's a long stretch of games with little-to-no improvement.

Maybe that is what Taylor is trying to do by putting lazy players on the bench??
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maybe that is what Taylor is trying to do by putting lazy players on the bench??

Geno is not lazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 11:42 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Because he constantly has the wrong players playing. Cowboys should bench Zeke rest of season based off of your logic

Are you saying Dunlap is the right player then? Because he has had many chances and has absolutely done nothing but whine about not starting.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've heard quite a few stories about that place being not a whole lot of fun to work at.

One guy that I knew told me he was basically on call 24 hours a day.  If a shipment got fudged up at in the middle of the night he had to deal with it.  But I think he made pretty good money there, because he got in years back.

Another guy I knew took a job there and said that they were "encouraged" to work like 60 hours a week at the office.  Meaning, technically you're a regular 40 hour a week employee, but we'll judge the shit out of you/fire you if you're not here way more.  He got the hell out of there as soon as something else came up.

And another person I know worked there and said they built up a bunch of accounts for their first year, and when that year was up they let them go.  The gist I got is you're basically on probation for the beginning and then when you're due to actually start making some real money they get rid of you, and just funnel your accounts back to the senior sales reps.

I've been in sales for a long time, and there's been two times where I was looking for a new job these last 10 years.  This place got recommended to me both times, but something has told me to avoid it like the plague.
Can personally attest to a story like this. Got hired as a "accounting coordinator" but it was a glorified data entry job. During training, they made me sit with a broker and he bragged that he stole someone's account just because they went on a family vaca. Also bragged about a guy who made over $150K a year but was someone who practically slept at the office day/night
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Are you saying Dunlap is the right player then? Because he has had many chances and has absolutely done nothing but whine about not starting.

Dunlap has more tackles. TFL, and PDs than any D-lineman on the active roster.

Lawson is the only D-lineman with more sacks or QB hits than Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
Here's how I see it:  Zac Taylor has a built in excuse for losing because it's still mostly "Marvin's team."  He's trying to make it "his team" by benching as many of "Marvin's team" he possibly can.
Reply/Quote

Just stop, Carlos and effort shouldn't be in the same sentence together.....
Reply/Quote