Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins makes 2010s all-decade roster
NFL 2010s all-decade roster at nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108338/article/tom-brady-aaron-donald-headline-nfls-2010s-alldecade-team

Who Dey for Geno!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice. Whit also deserves to be on there, but that’s some stiff competition at OT.

Reply/Quote
No AJ - which shows his HoF candidacy is going to be a struggle - although it's an unbalanced roster for what was a passing decade with as many RBs (4) as WRs.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nice. Whit also deserves to be on there, but that’s some stiff competition at OT.

Whit will always be the #2 LT of his era to Joe Thomas,  It is kind of like playing LT at the time of Anthony Munoz nobody was perceived as measuring up.  Doesn't mean they weren't great at their own games, just means they weren't THE great of their times

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:32 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: No AJ - which shows his HoF candidacy is going to be a struggle - although it's an unbalanced roster for what was a passing decade with as many RBs (4) as WRs.

The guys that beat AJ out include 4 HoF’ers, and at least two no doubt first ballot locks. That said, AJ put up strong numbers on par with those guys, and was only derailed by injuries. AJ’s numbers are solid, and will merit HoF consideration even if he never plays again.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:32 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: No AJ - which shows his HoF candidacy is going to be a struggle - although it's an unbalanced roster for what was a passing decade with as many RBs (4) as WRs.

He's over-rated by a lot of Bengals fan. He's really good but never even been best in the league in any given year. He's never even been first time all pro
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:50 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: He's over-rated by a lot of Bengals fan. He's really good but never even been best in the league in any given year. He's never even been first time all pro

Now don't go speaking truth. People around here love their AJ. 

I agree with you BTW.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:50 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: He's over-rated by a lot of Bengals fan. He's really good but never even been best in the league in any given year. He's never even been first time all pro

No, but he started his career off by having 5 straight 1k yd seasons. At the time only Randy Moss has done that. That’s elite company for a WR.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:50 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: He's over-rated by a lot of Bengals fan.

lol stop it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 01:59 PM)Mer Wrote: Now don't go speaking truth. People around here love their AJ. 

I agree with you BTW.

How dare we love one of the best players in franchise history! And a class act to boot. Which is damn rare for a star WR.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How dare we love one of the best players in franchise history! And a class act to boot. Which is damn rare for a star WR.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I love his attitude and ability. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote

Imagine if he'd have had a QB that could extend plays and consistently hit his receivers in stride.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:30 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Imagine if he'd have had a QB that could extend plays and consistently hit his receivers in stride.

Yep. Julio has Matt Ryan, AB had Ben, Thomas has Brees, etc.

The only WR that has done it without a top tier QB is Hopkins. Before Watkins anyway.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, but he started his career off by having 5 straight 1k yd seasons. At the time only Randy Moss has done that. That’s elite company for a WR.

Like I said, he's really good. But he has never even been the best WR in his division let alone conference or NFL. Even Chad led the NFL in receiving one year. 

And 5 straight 1k years to start a career is great but at the same time there's a lot of people who have had 5+ straight following their rookie year. Chad had a stretch of 1k in 7 out of 8 years. 

If Green wouldn't have got hurt in 2016 I think he would have put up all pro and possibly league leading numbers which would have changed his narrative.
Reply/Quote

There's a lot that goes into a WR's success beyond his own abilities.   Thinkers are aware of this.

He's not overrated.  Ask DC's across the league.  If you are only looking at numbers, you're missing a big part of the story. 

There are also the kind of simple minded Bengal fans who like to take unwarranted shots at Bengal players and the 99% of Bengal fans who know how great said players are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Julio has Matt Ryan, AB had Ben, Thomas has Brees, etc.

The only WR that has done it without a top tier QB is Hopkins. Before Watkins anyway.

Brock Osweiler is the only guy who can shut down DeAndre Hopkins.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:54 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Like I said, he's really good. But he has never even been the best WR in his division let alone conference or NFL. Even Chad led the NFL in receiving one year. 

And 5 straight 1k years to start a career is great but at the same time there's a lot of people who have had 5+ straight following their rookie year. Chad had a stretch of 1k in 7 out of 8 years. 

Chad was the man. No argument there. That said, I do think Chad had a better QB though. Or at the very least, one who could make more big time plays. Palmer’s deep ball was a thing of beauty.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:55 PM)jason Wrote: Brock Osweiler is the only guy who can shut down DeAndre Hopkins.

Still laughing about the Browns having to pay him 16 million... LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: There's a lot that goes into a WR's success beyond his own abilities.   Thinkers are aware of this.

He's not overrated.  Ask DC's across the league.  If you are only looking at numbers, you're missing a big part of the story. 

There are also the kind of simple minded Bengal fans who like to take unwarranted shots at Bengal players and the 99% of Bengal fans who know how great said players are.

Right. Because you can't be really good and respected by DC without being deemed HOF bound. Forgot those 2 were mutually inclusive of each other. His numbers aren't HOF worthy at this point in his career. Especially with all the numbers from WR/TE around him.
Reply/Quote
He deserves 2nd best 3T of the decade only Aaron Donald is better. My favorite Bengal ever and I would argue the key to our early decade success.

I remember when we drafted him and the hype that surrounded him in the during mini camp & OTAs. I remember thinking wow there really overrating this guy and setting him up to fail.
During that time Albert Haynesworth was going through a dispute with the Redskins. Now keep in mind that dude was legit when he wanted to be and perhaps the best DT in the NFL at that point.

So I remember stating hey why don't we trade this Geno guy for Haynesworth. People laughed at me(turns out for good reason).

Anyways fast forward to the first preseason were playing Dallas in HOF game. Start of the third Quarter Geno just Obliterates a running play. I remember Cris Colinsworth saying "I'm not saying he is Warren Sapp but he does everything that Warren Sapp did". I think he had. Couple more pressures and a sack as well that game. Dude was dominant during that preseason (including chasing down Mike Vick) and we all new the dude was going to be a superstar that season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote