Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins makes 2010s all-decade roster
(04-07-2020, 10:07 PM)jason Wrote: Honestly I've not seen enough of Clowney to totally agree with you... But I'll say this much; Clowney was the number 1 overall pick, and if he's better than Dunlap, it's hardly noticable.

Clowney only had 3 sacks or something last season and he is just not very dependable.

I was saying Dunlap was better than Clowney before this. They are very comparable with their size, just not their heart.

Dunlap has mad heart man. Love this guy, one of my favorite Bengals ever and might be my favorite pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 10:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Clowney only had 3 sacks or something last season and he is just not very dependable.

I was saying Dunlap was better than Clowney before this. They are very comparable with their size, just not their heart.

Dunlap has mad heart man. Love this guy, one of my favorite Bengals ever and might be my favorite pass rusher.

I do remember Clowney loafing through his final season in college to "avoid injury".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 09:35 AM)jason Wrote: I do remember Clowney loafing through his final season in college to "avoid injury".

Clowney's college days were were boosted when he smashed a 180lbs QB. He hasn't done jack to live up to the #1 pick of that draft. 
Dunlop > Clowney
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2020, 04:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would put Los's stats up against Cameron Jordan.

They both averaged 3.2 tackles and 0.6 sacks per game over the decade.  Jordan had more TFL, but by only one-tenth per game (0.8 to 0.7).  However, Dunlap had 55 more QB hits (223 to 168), twice as many forced fumbles (20 to 10), 11 more PDs (58 to 47), and scored 3 times as many tds (3 to 1).

Was talking more about those ranking overall you had for Atkins and how those other guys lined up. No idea where you got those from or I'd see myself. Just wondering how they are against him. For example, all ranked mostly number 2 beats him, but if a guy is #1 in two categories but not in the top ten in the rest, then yeah, that's not right. Just apples to apples.
Reply/Quote