Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Attempted Mass Shooter Killed by Armed Guards
(02-12-2024, 07:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Yeah and I'm pretty sure this is somehow the biggest issue with this event.

Is the word war weapon accurate ? 

Oh ! Thoughts and prayers then. 

I read it was an AR 15 rifle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Yeah and I'm pretty sure this is somehow the biggest issue with this event.

It was important enough for you to bring it up.  In fact it was the entire crux of your post.  If it's not relevant then why did you make a post exclusively about it?

Quote:Is the word war weapon accurate ? 

Is it?  You're the one who used it, I'd assume you'd know.  Can you define what a "weapon of war" is?

Quote:Oh ! Thoughts and prayers then. 

If you like, knovk yourself out.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We know the shooter wasn't playing the pipes of peace. 

Not what I asked.  I asked what a "weapon of war" is.  I figured you'd know since you used the term.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Could either of you define what a "weapon of war" is?  

Shooter must have had a tank or attack helicopter or something.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 08:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not what I asked.  I asked what a "weapon of war" is.  I figured you'd know since you used the term.

He used the term, I just commented on it.  I don't care if people own bazookas and can call in air strikes.  We're cooked. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am a member of River's Crossing Community church in Kings Island, my wife and I never miss a sermon down here in Florida. It is a large church also, over 3000 members and we have armed police officers and also a full security team, some armed under cover in communication through the 3 services and everything in between. It is sad churches are deemed an easy target for deranged people, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

I agree, good thing they had security. My guess is they have it all day long as do many churches now.

I guess we do need more than thoughts and prayers to deal with gun violence concerns.  Too bad our politicians don't think so

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:59 PM)pally Wrote: I guess we do need more than thoughts and prayers to deal with gun violence concerns.  Too bad our politicians don't think so

They will if "others" keep using guns to go after "normal people."  The last time a trans person did this the right-wing pundits were talking gun control but doing so in a way that supposedly wouldn't disarm anyone that would like them.
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to lose my time with professional nitpickers but in any civilized country an AR 15 is a war weapon. There's event a hint in the name 'Assault Rifle'. /wink wink.

And unless you are on a triceratops hunting trip, this 'assault' word is somehow telling you what is this weapon built for.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:26 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I'm not going to lose my time with professional nitpickers but in any civilized country an AR 15 is a war weapon. There's event a hint in the name 'Assault Rifle'. /wink wink.

And unless you are on a triceratops hunting trip, this 'assault' word is somehow telling you what is this weapon built for.

The “AR” stands for ArmaLite.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 05:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: A bit confusing how this is being reported.  They are now saying this is a biological woman who has used male names before.  The child with her was hers.

Yea, according to the commander of the Houston Police Department, the male names were merely aliases and that. 
Quote:Christopher Hassig, commander of Houston Police Department Homicide Division, identified Moreno as female during the press conference but noted that she has a history of using both male and female aliases.

"She utilized both male and female names, but through all of our investigation through this point, talking with individuals, interview, documents, Houston Police Department reports, she has been identified this entire time as female. She, her," he said.

Police Chief Troy Finner declined to provide more details about why she was using other aliases, saying that uncovering that information is "part of the process." He noted that police have seen "discussion on social media," but that officers are "just here to present the facts as we know at this time."
https://www.newsweek.com/was-joel-osteen-megachurch-shooter-genesse-moreno-transgender-what-we-know-1869295

There's a video from a Houston news station that has mug shots of her from all the way back to 2005 (There are a lot of them), and she certainly appears to be a woman in all of these mug shots and she's only 36, so that's a bit more evidence that she's a cisgender woman.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They will if "others" keep using guns to go after "normal people."  The last time a trans person did this the right-wing pundits were talking gun control but doing so in a way that supposedly wouldn't disarm anyone that would like them.

Joel said "God is in control" so I guess god told her to try and shott the place up.

That's only half a joke.

I'm sure the donations doubled immediately to help him pay for more and better security.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 10:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: Joel said "God is in control" so I guess god told her to try and shott the place up.

That's only half a joke.

I'm sure the donations doubled immediately to help him pay for more and better security.

The Lord's well regulated militia...  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 09:16 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The “AR” stands for ArmaLite.

I thought it stood for American Requirement.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:26 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I'm not going to lose my time with professional nitpickers but in any civilized country an AR 15 is a war weapon.

There isn't a single military on Earth that issues AR15 to its soldiers.  What you call "nitpicking" I would label as being accurate, or actually understanding what the talking points I bandy about freely actually mean.  Still waiting on you to define what a "weapon of war" is though.  Your refusal to do so is curious.

Quote:There's event a hint in the name 'Assault Rifle'. /wink wink.

Hehe, "wink, wink" indeed.  I won't single you out on this for being European, as many Americans are equally ignorant on this subject.  But it does surprise me how often ignorant people will speak with such self convinced authority.

Quote:And unless you are on a triceratops hunting trip, this 'assault' word is somehow telling you what is this weapon built for.

An AR15 would be horrible for hunting Triceratops.  Such a small projectile, even a high velocity one, would have minimal penetration for such a think skinned animal.  You'd need a sizeable centerfire round, a .300 Winmag, or .338 Lapua at the very least.  I'd probably go with a .50 BMG.  Not to nitpick though.

(02-13-2024, 09:16 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The “AR” stands for ArmaLite.

Nitpicker.   Wink

Reply/Quote
I just noticed something I found rather amusing. Not that I care, even a little bit, but it's funny that a thread about a mass shooter being killed before they could murder a bunch of people is rated one star. I guess we have a lot of pro mass shooters on this board. Who would'a thunk it?

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:19 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There isn't a single military on Earth that issues AR15 to its soldiers.  What you call "nitpicking" I would label as being accurate, or actually understanding what the talking points I bandy about freely actually mean.  Still waiting on you to define what a "weapon of war" is though.  Your refusal to do so is curious.

Hehe, "wink, wink" indeed.  I won't single you out on this for being European, as many Americans are equally ignorant on this subject.  But it does surprise me how often ignorant people will speak with such self convinced authority.

An AR15 would be horrible for hunting Triceratops.  Such a small projectile, even a high velocity one, would have minimal penetration for such a think skinned animal.  You'd need a sizeable centerfire round, a .300 Winmag, or .338 Lapua at the very least.  I'd probably go with a .50 BMG.  Not to nitpick though.

Nitpicker.   Wink

I'd grade the guy on a curve since he isn't American.  Not everyone mainlines firearms like we do.  It's sort of like when Americans watch soccer or something, you have to give them some leeway for misunderstandings.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd grade the guy on a curve since he isn't American.  Not everyone mainlines firearms like we do.  It's sort of like when Americans watch soccer or something, you have to give them some leeway for misunderstandings.

Doesn't stop him from opining on the subject though, does it?  And for the record, I have zero issue with him personally.  What I have an issue with is anyone mindlessly regurgitating talking points. The "weapons of war" trope is a meaningless talking point used by Dems for propaganda purposes.  A musket is a "weapon of war", as it was used in numerous wars.  Are you talking about weapons used in war right now?  Then an AR15 would not qualify.  But a M24, a bolt action rifle, would.  How many mass shootings are carried out with a bolt action rifle?  The word is meaningless, is used by people who cannot define it (as illustrated in this very thread) and is only used for inflammatory purposes.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Doesn't stop him from opining on the subject though, does it?  And for the record, I have zero issue with him personally.  What I have an issue with is anyone mindlessly regurgitating talking points. The "weapons of war" trope is a meaningless talking point used by Dems for propaganda purposes.  A musket is a "weapon of war", as it was used in numerous wars.  Are you talking about weapons used in war right now?  Then an AR15 would not qualify.  But a M24, a bolt action rifle, would.  How many mass shootings are carried out with a bolt action rifle?  The word is meaningless, is used by people who cannot define it (as illustrated in this very thread) and is only used for inflammatory purposes.

On the other side of the coin I've seen conservative memes showing the invasion of Ukraine and saying "This is why citizens needs assault rifles" so there is no denying the usefulness of such a potent firearm when you need to survive a war-like situation.  Frankly, people thinking an AR15 is completely unnecessary overkillingly powerful is a bonus to people who buy them so folks leave 'em be, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: On the other side of the coin I've seen conservative memes showing the invasion of Ukraine and saying "This is why citizens needs assault rifles" so there is no denying the usefulness of such a potent firearm when you need to survive a war-like situation.

Joe Biden and Eric Swalwell disagree.  You need an F-15 to compete with a military according to them.  In truth, an armed populace, even with bolt action rifles, would be a significant threat to any potential occupying force.  You may have seen the threads here in which I am told I am stupid for thinking an armed populace would have any effect on a modern military.  I guess they already forgot about Afghanistan and myriad other examples.

Quote:Frankly, people thinking an AR15 is completely unnecessary overkillingly powerful is a bonus to people who buy them so folks leave 'em be, I guess.

An AR15 is a standard semi-automatic (I really had to resist calling it fully semi-automatic) rifle.  It is nowhere close to the most lethal firearm available to the US populace.  As I have pointed out here many times fewer people are killed every year with rifles of any kind combined than are killed with knives of blunt objects, and it's not even close.  So, again, I'm going to point out the absurdity of statements like those made in this thread when they are made.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, again, I'm going to point out the absurdity of statements like those made in this thread when they are made.

I'm sure a dude in Europe is actually expecting an American thread about a mass shooting to be focused on how our accessibility to machine guns is pretty meh, honestly.

Again, I'd wager one of the selling points of getting an Ar15 is so people look at you and think "Damn, this dude is so over-armed that I'm gonna leave his ass alone."
Reply/Quote