Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Attempted Mass Shooter Killed by Armed Guards
(02-13-2024, 03:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure a dude in Europe is actually expecting an American thread about a mass shooting to be focused on how our accessibility to machine guns is pretty meh, honestly.

Actual automatic weapons are heavily regulated.

Quote:Again, I'd wager one of the selling points of getting an Ar15 is so people look at you and think "Damn, this dude is so over-armed that I'm gonna leave his ass alone."

Maybe for some people.  I think most people want an effective and manageable weapon that gives them a reasonable chance of defending themselves in most, if not all, conceivable scenarios.  The reason the AR15 is so popular is that it is a low recoil firearm, making it easily used by people of all physical ability/size.  I've taken several women to the range for the first time and every single one of them commented on how much easier it was to shoot than they expected.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actual automatic weapons are heavily regulated.

Maybe for some people.  I think most people want an effective and manageable weapon that gives them a reasonable chance of defending themselves in most, if not all, conceivable scenarios.  The reason the AR15 is so popular is that it is a low recoil firearm, making it easily used by people of all physical ability/size.  I've taken several women to the range for the first time and every single one of them commented on how much easier it was to shoot than they expected.

Neat.  I'd point out that it's probably weird to some folks how a thread about a mass shooting turns into a commercial for the AR15, but here we are. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Neat.  I'd point out that it's probably weird to some folks how a thread about a mass shooting turns into a commercial for the AR15, but here we are. 

You mean it's odd that a thread got derailed?  That never happens.  Wink

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 03:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actual automatic weapons are heavily regulated.

And mostly considered impractical for anything other than providing cover fire or defending an entrenched position. Those with Rambo dreams of mowing down foes in a SHTF situation know nothing of the logistics necessary for their merry militia group.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 08:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Shooter must have had a tank or attack helicopter or something.

Notice we're still waiting on an answer?  Dude wants to spout BS talking points but gets annoyed when asked to actually define them.  Yet the same people will give Luvnit a bunch of crap for spouting propaganda.  Lots of hypocrisy here from people with zero self awareness.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:26 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I'm not going to lose my time with professional nitpickers but in any civilized country an AR 15 is a war weapon. There's event a hint in the name 'Assault Rifle'. /wink wink.

And unless you are on a triceratops hunting trip, this 'assault' word is somehow telling you what is this weapon built for.

Then you might as well call a shotgun, a 9mm pistol and several other firearms owned by both left and right citizens as war weapons. The military issues an array of different pew pew's depending on the need, MOS and rank. If Joe Biden owns a firearm, there's a good chance the military issues it. If you own a firearm, there's a good chance the military issues it. Yes, even the .22 caliber is issued by the military. So in the sake of your opinion, everything should be used as a war weapon. Also including knives, pencils, pens, and BB's. 

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 05:12 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And mostly considered impractical for anything other than providing cover fire or defending an entrenched position. Those with Rambo dreams of mowing down foes in a SHTF situation know nothing of the logistics necessary for their merry militia group.

Can I still cling to my Rambone dreams?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Can I still cling to my Rambone dreams?

Of course you can.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0708113/

(Don't open that at work, even though it is IMDB)

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 09:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course you can.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0708113/

(Don't open that at work, even though it is IMDB)

It's ok, I work at a gay bath house. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's ok, I work at a gay bath house. 

If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 12:48 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: If you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life!

You of all people should know how happy I am at work, but your secret is safe with me!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:26 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I'm not going to lose my time with professional nitpickers but in any civilized country an AR 15 is a war weapon. There's event a hint in the name 'Assault Rifle'. /wink wink.

And unless you are on a triceratops hunting trip, this 'assault' word is somehow telling you what is this weapon built for.

Who named it an “assault rifle”? Not the military. Really isn’t “assault” implied when speaking of any weapon?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's ok, I work at a gay bath house. 
I'm glad to be validated for always regarding you as a professional.

Reply/Quote