Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auden Tate building on from last year
I love Boyd and I understand the Ross speed infatuation, but a three receiver set with AJ, Higgins and Tate would dwarf any secondary in the league.
Reply/Quote
I think having a WR corps with a diverse array of skill sets could be used to keep teams way off-balance. They should probably rotate some of these guys in and out of the line-up. They're all good at doing different things. Philly did it with their Dline. Why couldn't we do it with our WRs?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I love Boyd and I understand the Ross speed infatuation, but a three receiver set with AJ, Higgins and Tate would dwarf any secondary in the league.

All 6'4" +  Shocked

(08-25-2020, 01:37 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I think having a WR corps with a diverse array of skill sets could be used to keep teams way off-balance. They should probably rotate some of these guys in and out of the line-up. They're all good at doing different things. Philly did it with their Dline. Why couldn't we do it with our WRs?

Not a bad idea to keep AJ and Ross healthy.

Sometimes players need to play more to gain that momentum through the game though.

But with the way AJ and Ross are always dinged up, it is not a bad idea to give them more meaningful snaps and not a large 
amount. The whole thing is chemistry and right now I don't know if Burrow and AJ have it since AJ is not in there practicing.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All 6'4" +  Shocked

Not a bad idea to keep AJ and Ross healthy.

Sometimes players need to play more to gain that momentum through the game though.

But with the way AJ and Ross are always dinged up, it is not a bad idea to give them more meaningful snaps and not a large 
amount. The whole thing is chemistry and right now I don't know if Burrow and AJ have it since AJ is not in there practicing.

AJ's coming back to practice this week. We're all looking forward to seeing how that chemistry between him and Burrow develops. I expect that we'll be hearing less from Tate and more from Green this week. I still think Tate's going to play a big role in this offense. The FO is going t have some tough decisions coming up.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:19 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: AJ's coming back to practice this week. We're all looking forward to seeing how that chemistry between him and Burrow develops. I expect that we'll be hearing less from Tate and more from Green this week. I still think Tate's going to play a big role in this offense. The FO is going t have some tough decisions coming up.

Glad AJ is coming back, I know we don't want him to get hurt before the season starts but he needs SOME reps with Burrow.

Yes, there is going to be some tough decisions, what if everything comes together for Ross this year and he torches the league?

What about Mixon? What if AJ can finally stay healthy and has a great season?
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glad AJ is coming back, I know we don't want him to get hurt before the season starts but he needs SOME reps with Burrow.

Yes, there is going to be some tough decisions, what if everything comes together for Ross this year and he torches the league?

What about Mixon? What if AJ can finally stay healthy and has a great season?

I don't know how we'd be able to sign Mixon, Green, Ross, and William Jackson. We'd probably have to make some cuts elsewhere. We'll need to re-sign Von Bell and, hopefully M Alexander, too. Tough decisions for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 05:57 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I don't know how we'd be able to sign Mixon, Green, Ross, and William Jackson. We'd probably have to make some cuts elsewhere. We'll need to re-sign Von Bell and, hopefully M Alexander, too. Tough decisions for sure. 

Bell is only on a one year deal?

I knew Alexander was.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bell is only on a one year deal?

I knew Alexander was.

Bell signed for 3 years.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bell signed for 3 years.

Cool, thanks. Had me a bit worried there....
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 06:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sounds like he picked up  from where he finished last year and just continues to just make plays and is quiet about it.
Hard to believe only 2 years ago he was watching Cody Core drop passes and last year wasn't even thought of good enough to make the final 53 by some of the arm chair GMs here

ZT is aware of what he brings to the offense. Higgins Green Ross Boyd  get the headlines but let's dont sleep on him.
He can be matchup problem for LB or CB.
I expect him to really be clutch on 3rd down this year
Now he finally has a QB that can give him a catchable ball
Without having to jump 7 feet in the air.

Yeah, our QB was so bad that AJ Green had many Pro Bowl years and other WRs like Boyd, Marvin Jones and Sanu all had good seasons under that QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:13 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, our QB was so bad that AJ Green had many Pro Bowl years and other WRs like Boyd, Marvin Jones and Sanu all had good seasons under that QB.

Don't know what happened to Dalton the last couple years, he wasn't the same QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know what happened to Dalton the last couple years, he wasn't the same QB.

That is true. Although at the start of 2018 he was playing decent. Then AJ went down, then Dalton.

In 2019 I don't think ZT did him any favors.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That is true. Although at the start of 2018 he was playing decent. Then AJ went down, then Dalton.

In 2019 I don't think ZT did him any favors.

True and when AJ is not in there Dalton isn't the same. Just shows how good AJ is when healthy.
Reply/Quote
I wish we could watch virtual training camp or something. Idk why they're not offering i want to watch the practice since we were unable to attend.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bell signed for 3 years.

Thanks. I'm very happy that I waswrong on that.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 07:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know what happened to Dalton the last couple years, he wasn't the same QB.

The talent around him diminished.  Whit, Zeitler, Sanu, Gresham, and Jones all left in FA, Boling retired, and AJ and Eifert were hurt all the time.  He's a solid QB, but he's not the kind of player that elevates the guys around him.  He needed a strong supporting cast to be a viable starter for a winning team.  When the talent around him eroded, the cracks became more obvious.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:54 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I wish we could watch virtual training camp or something. Idk why they're not offering i want to watch the practice since we were unable to attend.

They don't want the rest of the league to know what they are working on....
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:54 AM)Whatever Wrote: The talent around him diminished.  Whit, Zeitler, Sanu, Gresham, and Jones all left in FA, Boling retired, and AJ and Eifert were hurt all the time.  He's a solid QB, but he's not the kind of player that elevates the guys around him.  He needed a strong supporting cast to be a viable starter for a winning team.  When the talent around him eroded, the cracks became more obvious.  

I agree, but that doesn't take away your accuracy. He was highly inaccurate the last couple years.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, but that doesn't take away your accuracy. He was highly inaccurate the last couple years.

Dalton was among the worst QBs last year throwing from a clean picket 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 03:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Dalton was among the worst QBs last year throwing from a clean picket 

Yes he was and I was a Dalton supporter, just have to tell it like it is.
Reply/Quote