Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Auden Tate seeking trade
If we're going to trade a WR, it has to be Ross. I don't care if we get next to nothing in return for him. He's garbage. If he were drafted in the 7th round or was an UDFA, I probably would feel differently. The #9 pick in the draft though? He hasn't lived up to a 5th-6th round pick, much less anywhere in the first round. He has to be coddled or his fragile confidence will shatter. He can't run full speed because he gets hurt. He brings nothing to the team.

For all of the excuse makers talking about how he "spreads the field", we don't have time to spread the field. We're throwing a ton of short passes. Besides, even if Ross were to beat someone and Burrow did have time, either Ross would make minimal effort or drop the god damn ball anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:20 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If we're going to trade a WR, it has to be Ross. I don't care if we get next to nothing in return for him. He's garbage. If he were drafted in the 7th round or was an UDFA, I probably would feel differently. The #9 pick in the draft though? He hasn't lived up to a 5th-6th round pick, much less anywhere in the first round. He has to be coddled or his fragile confidence will shatter. He can't run full speed because he gets hurt. He brings nothing to the team.

For all of the excuse makers talking about how he "spreads the field", we don't have time to spread the field. We're throwing a ton of short passes. Besides, even if Ross were to beat someone and Burrow did have time, either Ross would make minimal effort or drop the god damn ball anyway.

if they could trade ross for any OL prospect, i'm for it. keeping a.tate over ross makes more sense at this point.
Reply/Quote
Tate should be active next week with Uzo's injury. They just posted a Tate video on Bengals.com. They could go light on the TEs or somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I've never heard that abbreviation in my entire life.  I even googled it and nothing came up.

Sorry I'm not hip to something so commonly used. Rolleyes

Don't feel bad..I had no clue what JAG meant either and I thought the same...Military jargon...LOL 
Im going to start incorporating this in texts to my millennial staff and see if they know...
:andy: 
That said, I want to see Tate on field, I think he deserves it....and I have much more trust is him making a tough grab over alligator arms Ross   
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:40 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Tate should be active next week with Uzo's injury. They just posted a Tate video on Bengals.com. They could go light on the TEs or somewhere else.

This is probably true.

But honestly he should be active every game.

I’m a huge Tate fan. I’m not the only one that saw some talent there last season. He made AJ Green/Chad Johnson type of catches with exceptional body control. Guy can play and help. There’s no doubt in my mind about this. He will be a good receiver in this league whether it’s here or elsewhere.

I also believe he took his opportunity seriously and worked hard this offseason to be a useful option for joe burrow. After all that hard work, any human being would be disappointed and even over-reactive in being misused. It’s like your boss overlooking you for a promotion after all the hard work you’ve done. You’d take it personally too. Especially after you see your favored co workers continue to screw up. And let’s face it, The politics of the NFL dictate some guys who make more money must get the most chances even long after its apparent they’re not the guy for the job. Also, there’s the short working life of a prime athlete. It’s not like he can look forward to that promotion in 10/15 years. Patience isn’t what an athlete needs. Tate is hungry and ready to eat. Others are already full or don’t want any.

Another thing man. Tate goes after the ball like it’s the last play he’ll ever make. You want a guy like that on the field. So what if he’s not a threat over the top? he’s a damn threat underneath-therefore Must be accounted for and if our coaches had any sense they would see this. TE’s get double teamed all the time. I’m positive Tate can produce the same type of double teams if he threatens underneath coverages effectively.

Also, Tate was on the field blocking for joe Mixon’s late season run.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
There isn't a single WR on this roster I'd be upset about losing snaps to Tate aside from maybe Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:16 AM)treee Wrote: There isn't a single WR on this roster I'd be upset about losing snaps to Tate aside from maybe Boyd.

Absolutely.

I’m as disappointed as anyone that Tate isn’t getting an opportunity. I see a good player maybe even great player. I don’t care what the film says about other players, on game day Tate can help.

I also believe we have a real QB that can make average players great!
(I didn’t think this after the first 3 qtrs of the first game, I was actually worried lol).
But JB is the real deal. We don’t need an AJ Green anymore. Any of our receivers can be that, just like in NE or Pittsburgh. We have one now boys!!

That’s not a knock on AJ. I love AJ and hope he still produces. I just think they kept him to help Joe B transition. But I think Joe kinda forces him the ball because why wouldn’t you? He’s AJ Green!!! So it’s just a bit of pressure that joe doesn’t need. He can get the ball to any receiver in tight windows too, so that’s even better for Tate, “since he can’t get separation’. And Joe B doesn’t need the help transitioning. Really this kinda speaks to the coaching staffs inability to prepare. They underestimated Joe, I think. I could be way wrong about that-just kinda reading into things a bit. But it matches with what I see in the field in game planning. How does a rookie QB throw the ball 30 times in the first half???

I’ll tell you .. a lack of game planning which is lack of understanding which proves my point lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:16 AM)treee Wrote: There isn't a single WR on this roster I'd be upset about losing snaps to Tate aside from maybe Boyd.

Agreed. It blows my mind that Ross seems to be taking snaps from Boyd. Boyd should be on the field every snap or close to it. Ross shouldn't take any snaps.
Reply/Quote
Pulling Tate out was the reason I didn't watch the game. Ross shouldnt be anywhere near the starting line up. Tate plays with a passion.

Reply/Quote
I’m sorry ... I’m gonna say it ... I sit AJ Green in favor of Auden Tate ... if the issue is- he’s AJ’s backup, and that appears to be the issue.

He did it to Andy, he can do it to AJ.

Anybody think Tate doesn’t make that catch at the end of the 1st game? I mean, that’s a huge mistake by AJ to get called for OPI and cost us the game. HUUUGE mistake!! Nobody talkin about that.
Reply/Quote
2 games in. AJ has cost us a game and hasn’t helped at all. Perhaps even possible HE made the mistake on that wide open TD against LAC.
Reply/Quote
I’ll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/yoIQqCdkwv4

Some amazing catches, but honestly my favorite part was probably the block in the Arizona game. This guy being a healthy scratch is criminal.

Reply/Quote
I know the season is only two weeks old but I’m thinking the Bengals are in another evaluation year. Winning isn’t on the radar, so to speak, and I look for Zac Taylor to sit AJ Green as he did Andy Dalton in the middle of the season. Auden Tate will get plenty of reps; just not right now.
Reply/Quote
They’re not going to sit the guy they just franchise tagged, and is the highest paid player on the team. Nor should they. AJ hasn’t been his former dominant self so far, but some of you are seriously overreacting with him. He missed a massive amount of time, and if he is ever to return to form it’s not going to be from the bench.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/yoIQqCdkwv4

Some amazing catches, but honestly my favorite part was probably the block in the Arizona game. This guy being a healthy scratch is criminal.

Nice!

Yeah idk about sitting AJ but Tate has got to get a chance and if he makes plays then you keep giving him a chance. If he plays better than AJ, then so be it.
Reply/Quote
No way the Bengals will sit AJ

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’re not going to sit the guy they just franchise tagged, and is the highest paid player on the team. Nor should they. AJ hasn’t been his former dominant self so far, but some of you are seriously overreacting with him. He missed a massive amount of time, and if he is ever to return to form it’s not going to be from the bench.

I agree it’s a bit of an overreaction. I know they’re not gonna sit AJ and he definitely deserves more than 2 games to get in the groove. I understand all of that.

I’m excited for the future of this team and think we can get that gelling sooner than later. But things have to run their course. We can get out ahead of it though.

But yeah AJ deserves all the opportunity in the world to come back. I just think they can do both really and if AJ produces, it’s only going to help.
Reply/Quote
Nor should they.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 09:56 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I know the season is only two weeks old but I’m thinking the Bengals are in another evaluation year. 

Evaluation years don't exist in the NFL.

They don't exist for 1st year head coaches, who are trying to get off to a good start.  So, contrary to popular belief, last year was not a planned "evaluation year".  

And they certainly don't exist for 2nd year coaches, who are coming off a 2-14 season either.

People who use "evaluation year" are looking for excuses to explain away the team being bad.

I'm not trying to single you out here. I've seen numerous people use the same logic.  But I'm sorry, it's bs.  There is no such thing as an evualtion year.  At least not intentionally.  It may turn into one, because the team is so bad.  But no team is going out there with the idea that the main goal is just to evaluate the roster.
Reply/Quote
ZaC Taylor has made moves that suggest he subscribes to evaluation years.

He did bench dalton for finely. That cost him at least one W.
Reply/Quote