Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate to the Falcons
One year deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Hope he gets a chance to prove his worth.

Reply/Quote
He's been upset about a lack of playing time, I think he'll get it in ATL. I'm just not sure whose going to be throwing him the ball? Mariota?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 05:44 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: He's been upset about a lack of playing time, I think he'll get it in ATL.  I'm just not sure whose going to be throwing him the ball? Mariota?

Some are speculating that ATL will take Malik Willis at 8.
Seems too rich of a pick for him, IMO, but I see the traits for him to be good.
He kinda reminds me of raw Jalen Hurts with a stronger arm.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some are speculating that ATL will take Malik Willis at 8.
Seems too rich of a pick for him, IMO, but I see the traits for him to be good.
He kinda reminds me of raw Jalen Hurts with a stronger arm.

I see a shorter Colin Kaepernick. Dual threat QB with a ton of talent and great arm but iffy decisions with zero touch on the ball. Everything Malik Willis throws is a fast ball.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This is why we don't need to draft a WR early. Tate is good/decent. He was buried here. Just like any WR we draft. Inactive or barely any catches. What happens when you are 4 or 5 on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 06:06 PM)Synric Wrote: I see a shorter Colin Kaepernick. Dual threat QB with a ton of talent and great arm but iffy decisions with zero touch on the ball. Everything Malik Willis throws is a fast ball.

That's probably a better comparison. I wasn't thinking about former players in the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 06:19 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is why we don't need to draft a WR early. Tate is good/decent. He was buried here. Just like any WR we draft. Inactive or barely any catches. What happens when you are 4 or 5 on the depth chart.

You could also argue though that if he was that good, Bengals wouldn't have spent two high draft picks on WRs the previous two years.
His prime opportunity to shine came a couple years ago, and he didn't do enough to convince coaching staff to make him the WR2/3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Just no room here.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 07:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You could also argue though that if he was that good, Bengals wouldn't have spent two high draft picks on WRs the previous two years.
His prime opportunity to shine came a couple years ago, and he didn't do enough to convince coaching staff to make him the WR2/3.

True. He's not awesome. We have awesome. We have 2/3 already. We need 4 and 5. He's a fine 4 or 5 and we got him in round 7. Just don't want to see one drafted early
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate to Falcons on 1 year deal. I always liked the young man, but we are just too full of quality talent at WR at the moment.
I wish him the best and hoped he would have had more opportunities and success with us. Thoughts?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Agree, wish him well.

He was never gonna be a top shelf WR. But I do believe if things had worked out better for him he might have been a decent contributor.
Reply/Quote
Sort of in between a WR and a TE.Barely has TE speed.Falcons might have a plan where they could use him more effectively in their type of Offense.He has a good work ethic,so,if you can sign him at base salary,he can certainly get you some first downs.
Reply/Quote
good riddance. nothing personal

insane how many people this guy fooled into thinking he was good
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: good riddance. nothing personal

insane how many people this guy fooled into thinking he was good

Really?? That dude has a huge catch radius… By no means was he a horrible player…
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:16 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Really?? That dude has a huge catch radius… By no means was he a horrible player…

and John Ross was fast
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: and John Ross was fast

And that has to do with this discussion, how?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:19 PM)The Clapp Wrote: And that has to do with this discussion, how?

I say Tate fooled people into thinking he was good

you said "Really? The guy had a huge catch radius"

that had nothing to do with anything. I responded back with something similar
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I say Tate fooled people into thinking he was good

you said "Really? The guy had a huge catch radius"

that had nothing to do with anything. I responded back with something similar

You said he “wasnt good”.. technically you said he fooled everyone. I gave you an example on why i thought you were wrong. You counter by saying.. yeah, but this guy is fast… so how does Ross being fast make, tate a bad player?
Reply/Quote
I think you would be OK with him as a #2. But he is constantly banged up and not good on special teams.
Reply/Quote