Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Corbett!
ESPN lists him as a PERFECT fit for us and a must-sign:

Quote:There are no misconceptions about what the Bengals need to do this offseason. Cincinnati should look to revamp its offensive line -- likely through the draft and free agency -- so that Joe Burrow doesn't take another 70 sacks in 2022.

Right guard has been the biggest problem area on the Bengals' offensive line in recent years. No team has earned a lower PFF grade at the position than Cincinnati since 2020. Corbett could help solidify the position after ranking eighth out of 41 qualifying right guards in PFF grade over the past two seasons.

I have seen that the Rams will have trouble re-signing him and we could get him for three years and 27 million, which would be great for us with all our cap space. He's also only 26 and might want to come here after just winning a Super Bowl with the Rams and seeing first-hand how much talent we have with Burrow, Chase, Mixon, and the rest of our offense if we just offer some protection for Burrow.

I LOVE the idea and I pray to the crippled gods that it happens!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN lists him as a PERFECT fit for us and a must-sign:

I have seen that the Rams will have trouble re-signing him and we could get him for three years and 27 million, which would be great for us with all our cap space. He's also only 26 and might want to come here after just winning a Super Bowl with the Rams and seeing first-hand how much talent we have with Burrow, Chase, Mixon, and the rest of our offense if we just offer some protection for Burrow.

And he got to practice with Aaron Donald in his face all the time to boot!
Reply/Quote
Corbett and Tomlinson are top of the list guards for me.

Reply/Quote
Corbett is priority number one for me. He plays right guard (can let Carman compete at his more natural LG spot), still relatively young (turns 26 just before opening day), and a perfect scheme fit. A 3 or 4 year deal for 8 or 9 mil annually sounds fair. I love watching him play on film.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:41 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Corbett is priority number one for me. He plays right guard (can let Carman compete at his more natural LG spot), still relatively young (turns 26 just before opening day), and a perfect scheme fit. A 3 or 4 year deal for 8 or 9 mil annually sounds fair. I love watching him play on film.

Sadly this makes too much sense as does the Collins the trade.... 

But if for some reason our FO comes thru.... 

Williams, Carmen/?, Jensen, Corbett, Collins    would be an awesome oline.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Sadly this makes too much sense as does the Collins the trade.... 

But if for some reason our FO comes thru.... 

Williams, Carmen/?, Jensen, Corbett, Collins    would be an awesome oline.

I see the FO getting two for the OL and that's it, I just hope one is a RT and the other is a center. I would even take Spain back.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:29 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I see the FO getting two for the OL and that's it, I just hope one is a RT and the other is a center. I would even take Spain back.

and add Zion in 1st and we are good 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:29 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I see the FO getting two for the OL and that's it, I just hope one is a RT and the other is a center. I would even take Spain back.

RT is so thin in free agency.  And I dont trust a rookie. Tough situation.... Collins could save us.

Reply/Quote
With the strength in this years draft, I feel like we will have to get Collins for RT and with the smoke involving Jensen, that's the route we will go. I would love to retool the whole thing but I could see this being the extent for us. And honestly, that's major improvement so there's nothing to scoff about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 03:54 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: With the strength in this years draft, I feel like we will have to get Collins for RT and with the smoke involving Jensen, that's the route we will go. I would love to retool the whole thing but I could see this being the extent for us. And honestly, that's major improvement so there's nothing to scoff about.

Exactly, Jensen & Collins would be tremendous.  Any guard we may get would most likely be considered a luxury by our FO.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:41 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Corbett is priority number one for me. He plays right guard (can let Carman compete at his more natural LG spot), still relatively young (turns 26 just before opening day), and a perfect scheme fit. A 3 or 4 year deal for 8 or 9 mil annually sounds fair. I love watching him play on film.

Cheaper than Daniels too. I think grabbing Corbett and trading for La'el Collins also saves us money and we can bring in Ryan 
Jensen at Center and cut Hop and Waynes and still have some extra dough. Makes so much sense that it probably won't happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cheaper than Daniels too. I think grabbing Corbett and trading for La'el Collins also saves us money and we can bring in Ryan 
Jensen at Center and cut Hop and Waynes and still have some extra dough.
Makes so much sense that it probably won't happen.

That would be unreal...........

I agree that it makes too much sense to happen, but, with how different we've been lately, it could happen.

If we can't get Collins, I'd draft Penning in the first because he'd be a steal at 31, but I think he might be gone after his combine. 

I think we should take care of our own guys (after we cut Hop and Waynes), but I'm hoping we also go hard at some outside targets because we could be very good.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cheaper than Daniels too. I think grabbing Corbett and trading for La'el Collins also saves us money and we can bring in Ryan 
Jensen at Center and cut Hop and Waynes and still have some extra dough. Makes so much sense that it probably won't happen.

Getting Collins frees up 8-10M in signing bonus cash for another player.

Knowing the Bengals my hopes are not high on guard.  I could see them getting a better CB. Or doubling up at DT before signing a guard. Norwell coming at a huge discount may be hard for them to pass up.

We know they haven't valued guard and they really want some draft talent to play. And it would be great if Carmen and Smith became solid starters.  Difficult to trust that today, but Jensen in the middle they would be between him and Jonah or Collins so... maybe?

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 05:58 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN lists him as a PERFECT fit for us and a must-sign:

He has a PFF 55 a PFF 52 a PFF 70 and a PFF 68 and everyone is excited about that? really? For the little extra give me James Daniels.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 08:37 PM)pulses Wrote: He has a PFF 55 a PFF 52 a PFF 70 and a PFF 68 and everyone is excited about that? really? For the little extra give me James Daniels.

Daniels seems to be a good player but even their insiders are not sure what the new staff will do.  The previous staff had no interest in extending him and the they started with $30M in cap space... 

The only thing that I have found remotely negative is a couple mentions such as "does he have the fire in his belly" type phrases.  If there is a red flag it isnt public and might be a scheme fit thing? Mike Sans isnt big on him for the Bengals but he is only 24 and talented...

Interesting situation...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 06:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That would be unreal...........

I agree that it makes too much sense to happen, but, with how different we've been lately, it could happen.

If we can't get Collins, I'd draft Penning in the first because he'd be a steal at 31, but I think he might be gone after his combine. 

I think we should take care of our own guys (after we cut Hop and Waynes), but I'm hoping we also go hard at some outside targets because we could be very good.

I think it is possible with the way FA has went for us on the Defensive side and after this postseason where everyone 
saw the reason we lost in the Superbowl. We would of won easily with a good OL. I agree that I really like Penning but 
also don't think he will be around at 31. Need to take care of RT in Free Agency and Collins is the best RT we could ever
get, player wise and he should be really affordable for us in a trade. Makes so much sense.

(03-12-2022, 06:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Getting Collins frees up 8-10M in signing bonus cash for another player.

Knowing the Bengals my hopes are not high on guard.  I could see them getting a better CB. Or doubling up at DT before signing a guard. Norwell coming at a huge discount may be hard for them to pass up.

We know they haven't valued guard and they really want some draft talent to play. And it would be great if Carmen and Smith became solid starters.  Difficult to trust that today, but Jensen in the middle they would be between him and Jonah or Collins so... maybe?

Might not hurt us this FA to not pay Guards. As long as we pay RT and the Center we can just draft a Guard.

The Guards that will be available to us are better than the OT's in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 08:37 PM)pulses Wrote: He has a PFF 55 a PFF 52 a PFF 70 and a PFF 68 and everyone is excited about that? really? For the little extra give me James Daniels.

First two were with the Browns. Second two were with the Rams in an offense that's supposedly pretty close to Taylor's. Some times guys are just bad fits in certain offenses.

As for Daniels. Why not both?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: First two were with the Browns. Second two were with the Rams in an offense that's supposedly pretty close to Taylor's. Some times guys are just bad fits in certain offenses.

As for Daniels. Why not both?

I'm all for Daniels he still has plenty of upside and plays multiple positions. If i'm spending $9 mill or more for Corbett i'm gonna go get Tomlinson instead.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 04:03 PM)pulses Wrote: I'm all for Daniels he still has plenty of upside and plays multiple positions. If i'm spending $9 mill or more for Corbett i'm gonna go get Tomlinson instead.

That's valid for Corbett/Tomlinson. I just reiterate that it's pretty clear he'll do well in Taylor's scheme and also there's the fact that he's about 3.5 years younger. Corbett still has room to get better while Tomlinson has likely already peaked (though a good peak). I kind of liked the idea of putting together a young OL that could play together for the next 4-5 years. That said, I sure am not going to pitch a fit if they sign Tomlinson. Lol.. I just want good healthy OL to protect Burrow.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 04:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's valid for Corbett/Tomlinson. I just reiterate that it's pretty clear he'll do well in Taylor's scheme and also there's the fact that he's about 3.5 years younger. Corbett still has room to get better while Tomlinson has likely already peaked (though a good peak). I kind of liked the idea of putting together a young OL that could play together for the next 4-5 years. That said, I sure am not going to pitch a fit if they sign Tomlinson. Lol.. I just want good healthy OL to protect Burrow.
I don't mind Corbett and I know he fits our scheme well. I just don't think he's ever gonna be much better than he is now. Which is about average.
Reply/Quote