Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Austrian attack
(11-04-2020, 12:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So what are things like there today?  I guess you were entering a Covid lockdown so I’m assuming pretty quiet?

Yeah it's quiet. Not spooky quiet though. Don't know, it feels normal and people feel normal - though there's always the danger to project one's own attitude onto everyone. The folks I talk to aren't exactly shaken and make a bunch of "too early" comments, but that just might be because I know so many cynical bastards. Or maybe terror attacks just lost its long term shock value.

The media today focuses hard on the US election and the terror story is kind of an afterthought.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 04:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah it's quiet. Not spooky quiet though. Don't know, it feels normal and people feel normal - though there's always the danger to project one's own attitude onto everyone. The folks I talk to aren't exactly shaken and make a bunch of "too early" comments, but that just might be because I know so many cynical bastards. Or maybe terror attacks just lost its long term shock value.

The media today focuses hard on the US election and the terror story is kind of an afterthought.

Well that’s a shame for the people who were killed and wounded.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 05:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well that’s a shame for the people who were killed and wounded.

I don't really see it that way. They are not forgotten. The attack is not forgotten.

But actually, I am indeed more interested in the US elections today and so are many. I don't feel obligated to re-focus really. And of course the kinda callous reason is that life poses dangers and people die. I guess terror has just become one of these things that happens, like traffic casualties, that remain tragic to hear about of course.
Of course it is not really just like that, quite far from it probably. But terror just, as I said, maybe lost some shock value.
Reply/Quote