Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Avoiding The Steelers Sweep Feels Good
Steelers had lead at halftime, but Bengals came back to win.  Avoided Steelers sweep and 0-4 in AFC North.   That was a must win. Bengals do not have to win every game the rest of year, but they had to win that one.  

So Bengals are a Wild Card team as of now, but with plenty of season to go.  

And as always, anytime Bengals beat Steelers, it is a great feeling.  Hurray or our Bengals today.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well we seem clearly to be very good at game planning after halftime. I hope this translates to a season trend as well and we can have some real momentum going into the playoffs potentially. I'd rather fight back and go into the post season red hot than start strong and cool off the last few weeks. Seems like a many of teams fall on their face coming back after that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well we seem clearly to be very good at game planning after halftime. I hope this translates to a season trend as well and we can have some real momentum going into the playoffs potentially. I'd rather fight back and go into the post season red hot than start strong and cool off the last few weeks. Seems like a many of teams fall on their face coming back after that.

Yeah, I moan about ZT but does anyone remember Marvin Lewis' famous 'Half Time Adjustments'? We were awful after the bye under him, and awful in the 3rd quarter as far as I recall.

Whereas this season and last season, we generally knock teams out of the park in the 3rd quarter. Coaching really uses the Half Time break better than anybody imo.

Definitely big to not get swept by the Steelers. Had hoped we'd do the sweeping, and while we should have done, they'll always play us hard. 6 picks by Burrow across the two games and we still put up 57 points on them across the two games. 
Reply/Quote
4 out of the last 5. Not sure if that has ever happened before.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: 4 out of the last 5. Not sure if that has ever happened before.

Meanwhile in LA, the Rams have lost 7 of their last 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Meanwhile in LA, the Rams have lost 7 of their last 10.

Well they did lose some quality pieces to their super bowl run. Whitworth, OBJ, Von Miller. And Stafford was hurting before the season even started and now Kupp is pretty much out for the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:25 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah, I moan about ZT but does anyone remember Marvin Lewis' famous 'Half Time Adjustments'? We were awful after the bye under him, and awful in the 3rd quarter as far as I recall.

Whereas this season and last season, we generally knock teams out of the park in the 3rd quarter. Coaching really uses the Half Time break better than anybody imo.

Definitely big to not get swept by the Steelers. Had hoped we'd do the sweeping, and while we should have done, they'll always play us hard. 6 picks by Burrow across the two games and we still put up 57 points on them across the two games. 

In the past, some posters have said there is no such thing as a half-time adjustment. Then how would one explain the fact that the past two years this team is very much a second half team. It's not as if the Bengals wore down the opposing team in the first half due to a running game. The Bengals just do very well defensively and offensively in the second half of games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:52 AM)Nepa Wrote: In the past, some posters have said there is no such thing as a half-time adjustment. Then how would one explain the fact that the past two years this team is very much a second half team. It's not as if the Bengals wore down the opposing team in the first half due to a running game. The Bengals just do very well defensively and offensively in the second half of games. 

Pretty sure that was a coach that said that... It's also possible to play 4 good quarters of football too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well they did lose some quality pieces to their super bowl run. Whitworth, OBJ, Von Miller. And Stafford was hurting before the season even started and now Kupp is pretty much out for the year.

Yeah, and we lost Chase, Reader, and Awuzie. I wonder if fans in LA are screaming to fire McVey?
One thing about this team, is the backups seem to come in and play well enough to keep winning. I'm not sure that was true on teams of the past. The "Dual Trents" are playing like they belong and I find them fun to watch, CTB is playing pretty good for a rookie with no training camp. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:25 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah, I moan about ZT but does anyone remember Marvin Lewis' famous 'Half Time Adjustments'? 

the only thing Marvin changed at halftime was his panties. So NO!

Reply/Quote
And the thing about vs. Squeelers, we have to beat them and the refs.

Feels extra good
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:11 AM)kevin Wrote: Steelers had lead at halftime, but Bengals came back to win.  Avoided Steelers sweep and 0-4 in AFC North.   That was a must win. Bengals do not have to win every game the rest of year, but they had to win that one.  

So Bengals are a Wild Card team as of now, but with plenty of season to go.  

And as always, anytime Bengals beat Steelers, it is a great feeling.  Hurray or our Bengals today.

Tiger  Who Dey  Tiger

Yep, despite some of the most pathetic officiating I have ever seen, they overcame and put the steelers down.  Should have been a Bengals sweep and tied for 1st place right now if not for a horrible week 1 performance by pretty much everyone.  Alas, they have a fight on their hands, but I think they are more than capable of taking the AFC North and getting a home playoff game.  

I know the rats have a pathetic schedule, but they can't feel good about how they are playing at all and can feel the Bengals breathing down their necks.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: the only thing Marvin changed at halftime was his panties. So NO!

Marvin denied half-time adjustments even being a thing..... which they weren't in his locker room.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the thing about vs. Squeelers, we have to beat them and the refs.

Feels extra good

I was losing my f'n mind after the Bengals took the lead in the first half.  No call PI against pitt when it was blatant.  Made up calls (that even the ball sucking announcers didn't undestand!) for PI against the Bengals that were excellent plays.  

I swear if they ended up losing that game...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was losing my f'n mind after the Bengals took the lead in the first half.  No call PI against pitt when it was blatant.  Made up calls (that even the ball sucking announcers didn't undestand!) for PI against the Bengals that were excellent plays.  

I find that I even do not really enjoy watching them play the Stealers anymore BECAUSE the refs are so lopsided in their calls. The stealers held the entire game, our guys had phantom holding calls no one could see on the replays, no flag on the late hit by Miles Jackoff to Burrow after he gave himself up and was on the ground. And I guarantee if the game wasn't effectively over they would not have called and ejected the player that took the helmet shot at Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I find that I even do not really enjoy watching them play the Stealers anymore BECAUSE the refs are so lopsided in their calls. The stealers held the entire game, our guys had phantom holding calls no one could see on the replays, no flag on the late hit by Miles Jackoff to Burrow after he gave himself up and was on the ground. And I guarantee if the game wasn't effectively over they would not have called and ejected the player that took the helmet shot at Boyd.

True.  I can handle a self-inflicted loss like week 1, which was still painful, but when two BS flags come out on what would have been 4th down plays to extend drives, it is infuriating.  

I was disgusted by the hits I saw on Fields in the early game, after every white QB got "Roughing the Passer" flags all last week if someone even farted in their general direction.  F'n bastards.  But I guess it isn't all white QBs.  For some reason, the refs seem to think Burrow could protect himself more, but he DID SLIDE, and still took a helmet-first shot.  I was losing my mind.  Assbags.  The refs are every bit as bad as the steelers and that is saying something.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Meanwhile in LA, the Rams have lost 7 of their last 10.

We had a six pack night Super Bowl hangover.  They are having a full on black out drunk hangover.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the thing about vs. Squeelers, we have to beat them and the refs.

Feels extra good

I was monitoring the Steelers board during the game, and they were screaming about their being screwed by that female official.  They claimed she must be from Ohio  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I was monitoring the Steelers board during the game, and they were screaming about their being screwed by that female official.  They claimed she must be from Ohio  Smirk

While she wasn't what I would call skinny, she was by no means fat and ugly enough to be screwing Stealer fans. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was losing my f'n mind after the Bengals took the lead in the first half.  No call PI against pitt when it was blatant.  Made up calls (that even the ball sucking announcers didn't undestand!) for PI against the Bengals that were excellent plays.  

Couldn't get much more blatant on those 2 calls. 
Reply/Quote