Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awfully quiet today
(02-17-2019, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's not the stories that are alarming (to me). It's the fact that we've been linked to 10 candidates and we're still waiting, 2 weeks later. We're on the same timeline as the Dolphins, and Flores filled all his spots almost immediately. We look like a disorganized mess in comparison. Now we're just over a week until the combine, so you have to wonder if they'll settle just to fill the spot before then.

At minimum, and I hope this is the case - the Bengals respected the rule about not talking to a HC until they are eliminated. I think most teams would work behind the scenes to line up the assistants. I think there were some assumptions on the board that that was happening.

At worst, it's the Bengals inept management rearing it's head. I mean they're interviewing 3-4 guys. 4-3 guys. Guys who it's pretty obvious would never come like Dennis Allen are the preferred choices. (Honestly, the Saints have a bad defense. Why would we want him.) Grantham has been mediocre in the Pro's too. Manual got relieved of playcalling duties and fired. Oh...but he's a former Bengal! The OSU DC - Yeah the Bengals like OSU.

It does seem like if there was a plan, that it's been botched to epic levels.

That all said, they could luck into getting the right guy. Whoever we hire, we definately need to upgrade personnel. Just changing coaches won't help.

At some point, you almost expect the Bengals to bring back Marvin Lewis as the DC. That would be a joke, but you never know with them.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's not the stories that are alarming (to me). It's the fact that we've been linked to 10 candidates and we're still waiting, 2 weeks later. We're on the same timeline as the Dolphins, and Flores filled all his spots almost immediately. We look like a disorganized mess in comparison. Now we're just over a week until the combine, so you have to wonder if they'll settle just to fill the spot before then.

You hit it right on the head saying "we've been linked to" Yes according to the press.
We get the same things here every 6 months regarding the press with my team Celtic regarding signing new players, we are linked with every player under the sun but they turn us down to sign for this or that team.
The real story is, we don't know whats going on, who we have really interviewed or who we offered the job to, just relax and lets get the right guy in.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 04:19 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: You hit it right on the head saying "we've been linked to" Yes according to the press.
We get the same things here every 6 months regarding the press with my team Celtic regarding signing new players, we are linked with every player under the sun but they turn us down to sign for this or that team.
The real story is, we don't know whats going on, who we have really interviewed or who we offered the job to, just relax and lets get the right guy in.

I like this rationality stuff.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this rationality stuff.

Me, too!
Reply/Quote
I'm still thinking the front office (not ZT) is off til Tuesday. Then a rumored front runner will emerge, and a couple more days of interview requests/interviews, then the contract negotiations will start. I'm thinking we are still about a week away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 05:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm still thinking the front office (not ZT) is off til Tuesday. Then a rumored front runner will emerge, and a couple more days of interview requests/interviews, then the contract negotiations will start. I'm thinking we are still about a week away.

I sure hope not. I’m hoping there have been interviews over the weekend and they have been quiet about it due to issues and false hype thus far. Hoping someone is announced today or tomorrow, after a deal is done and not pre-interview.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote