Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Awuzie update

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good news.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news. With this being his last year under contract tho, they still have to prepare to replace him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news. With this being his last year under contract tho, they still have to prepare to replace him.

This is true, but perhaps now they won't feel compeled to only consider CBs who they view as being able to compete as possible day 1 starters.  Happy for Chido and his rehab.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Great news and keep up the good work

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yep. This is good news. It takes drafting a CB early down a notch. It is a good CB class, but we do not HAVE to if there is better value elsewhere.

High (starter now): TE, P.

Medium: (depth now, starter soon probably): CB, WR, DT/NT, RB

Low: (no need, but would be nice): RT, DE

Depth only: QB2

I think we are set, but never pass great value: LB, S, PK, LS
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is true, but perhaps now they won't feel compeled to only consider CBs who they view as being able to compete as possible day 1 starters.  Happy for Chido and his rehab.

The Bengals have really done a good job opening up the draft with their free agency. Right Tackle is probably the only big question mark. 

Good to hear about Chido he was a top 5 corner before he got hurt last year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:58 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals have really done a good job opening up the draft with their free agency. Right Tackle is probably the only big question mark. 

Good to hear about Chido he was a top 5 corner before he got hurt last year.

Based on Zac’s presser this morning I’m not so sure RT is a huge priority at #28. Sounds like they are good to go with Carman and his progress as a NFL player. He basically said he’d really matured. And that was an issue. Matured in realizing what it takes. I think Collins probably realizes he’s gotta get with it. No mention of Jonah. He refused to comment on his discussions with him or any player. I’ve maintained #28 will be a CB/RT/TE or even a S/WR IF it’s a player they love. I think that if there’s a top TE they draft him first. Then it becomes a tossup between RB & RT for our 2nd.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Awesome ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Awuzie being likely ready to go by Week 1 gives me less concern about taking a CB in Rds 1-2 now, but as some others have said, he's in a contract year along with Sidney Jones, so going CB early still might make sense for long-term purposes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So BPA for sure since Zac said Smiths the starting TE, Awuzie should be ok for the start to the season and Carman and maybe Jonah at RT? I still would like to see Mixon gone so I definitely want them to take a RB in the first few rounds.
Trading down looks like a good option if they get an acceptable offer.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 03:29 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: So BPA for sure since Zac said Smiths the starting TE, Awuzie should be ok for the start to the season and Carman and maybe Jonah at RT?  I still would like to see Mixon gone so I definitely want them to take a RB in the first few rounds.
Trading down looks like a good option if they get an acceptable offer.

I'd take a good trade down almost regardless of who is there at 28. Only a major drop would make me consider staying there.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 02:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Based on Zac’s presser this morning I’m not so sure RT is a huge priority at #28. Sounds like they are good to go with Carman and his progress as a NFL player. He basically said he’d really matured. And that was an issue. Matured in realizing what it takes. I think Collins probably realizes he’s gotta get with it. No mention of Jonah. He refused to comment on his discussions with him or any player. I’ve maintained #28 will be a CB/RT/TE or even a S/WR IF it’s a player they love. I think that if there’s a top TE they draft him first. Then it becomes a tossup between RB & RT for our 2nd.

Honestly though do you think he's going to come out and tell us 10 days before the draft what the teams biggest priority really is?
Reply/Quote
Glad to see he's feeling "great!" Now whether this is a carefully designed smokescreen- Bengals to the league, or Chido to the Bengals- I'm not sure, but glad to hear the positive vibes regardless!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 07:02 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Honestly though do you think he's going to come out and tell us 10 days before the draft what the teams biggest priority really is?

No and I don’t think they are remotely tied to a position. But there’s been speculation on drafting a RT at 1. But I was isolating on RT and his comments. His comments seemed to be very pro-Carman which is a switch.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 04:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd take a good trade down almost regardless of who is there at 28. Only a major drop would make me consider staying there.

The only kicker is the 5th year option: that has become so valuable nowadays.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Big fan of his. Really rooting for the guy.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I love that he is rearing to go. Big fan of Chido and was really bummed when he went out last year. I hope we still draft some CB’s and let Apple hit the streets.
Reply/Quote
That’s good news….I’d still like to bring Apple back as insurance. Awuzie being back from the injury and able to play does not mean he’ll be as productive especially early on. It’d also be nice to be able to ease him back in until he is 100% mentally when it comes to the injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2023, 01:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good news. With this being his last year under contract tho, they still have to prepare to replace him.

True...    Having a year to groom a replacement from the draft will help
Reply/Quote