Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS BAG BAMA LB
(11-30-2016, 05:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't forget, the 49ers also drafted Arik Armstead and last year DeForest Buckner.

Bears might not, they have Leonard Flyod. They have no secondary. It is a deep secondary class, so they may wait.

I don't see the Browns trading for McCarron. I've seen a lot of rumors that the Browns REALLY like Tribusky. But Garrett is also a possibility.

The thing is, 3 of the 5 top teams need a QB. Jags don't but also have Fowler and Allen would be a better fit for them. Jets have a good defensive line. And they drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round last year.

Armstead has been a bust, though.  He's started 5 games in 2 years.  Allen would be a 3 down player from day 1.  Garrett would start as a situational pass rusher in a 3-4 while he tries to learn coverage skills.  You're probably right about the Bears, though.

MB will demand a premium for dealing McCarron within the division, but Hue isn't the brightest.  Another down year in Cleveland and he is done, so breaking in a rookie QB is a dicey proposition.  Still, I think the chances are remote he gets dealt to Cleveland.  I can see Jacksonville, Chicago, and the Jets as landing spots, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly Foster is the safest pick around where were looking to pick. Garrett would be the only pass rusher id take in the top 10, and hes gone in the top 5. We need a LB, Rey M is not very good and should be gone. I don't like Peppers at all.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 11:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: Armstead has been a bust, though.  He's started 5 games in 2 years.  Allen would be a 3 down player from day 1.  Garrett would start as a situational pass rusher in a 3-4 while he tries to learn coverage skills.  You're probably right about the Bears, though.

MB will demand a premium for dealing McCarron within the division, but Hue isn't the brightest.  Another down year in Cleveland and he is done, so breaking in a rookie QB is a dicey proposition.  Still, I think the chances are remote he gets dealt to Cleveland.  I can see Jacksonville, Chicago, and the Jets as landing spots, though.

Armstead has been hurt. He's played in 17 games in his first 2 seasons. But he has dealt with injuries. He's still done decent in limited playing time.
In comparison: Eifert played in 16 games his first 2 seasons, also due to injury. And he was a 2nd stringer.

I think Garrett learning coverage skills is a waste in all honesty. He can learn some, but make him focus on pass rushing. Make him into a Von Miller/Justin Houston type of player.

McCarron isn't going to get us a high draft pick. There's other options that have proven more. Granted, most are older. But still. Jags aren't moving from Bortles. Jets have Petty and Hackenberg. Chicago is possible. But I don't think Hue drafts McCarron. Especially with that offensive line.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 01:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Honestly Foster is the safest pick around where were looking to pick. Garrett would be the only pass rusher id take in the top 10, and hes gone in the top 5. We need a LB, Rey M is not very good and should be gone. I don't like Peppers at all.

Agree with this.   Foster totally stands out on film.  He's a stud and looks like a very reliable pick.   Peppers is too much of a risk to me.  I haven't watched all that much of him at all so not wise for me to weigh in, but I have not been impressed so far.  Foster is an impact player, especially playing next to Tez. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 06:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Armstead has been hurt. He's played in 17 games in his first 2 seasons. But he has dealt with injuries. He's still done decent in limited playing time.
In comparison: Eifert played in 16 games his first 2 seasons, also due to injury. And he was a 2nd stringer.

I think Garrett learning coverage skills is a waste in all honesty. He can learn some, but make him focus on pass rushing. Make him into a Von Miller/Justin Houston type of player.

McCarron isn't going to get us a high draft pick. There's other options that have proven more. Granted, most are older. But still. Jags aren't moving from Bortles. Jets have Petty and Hackenberg. Chicago is possible. But I don't think Hue drafts McCarron. Especially with that offensive line.
If they believed in Hackenberg or petty they would be playing right now. The Jets are going to be in the QB hunt next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 06:38 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Armstead has been hurt. He's played in 17 games in his first 2 seasons. But he has dealt with injuries. He's still done decent in limited playing time.

I have a friend who's a 9'ers fan with Sunday Ticket and he says Armstead blows, which is where I'm basing my opinion.  Eifert was also playing behind a former Pro Bowler.

Garrett will primarily be a pass rusher, but if he doesn't learn coverage, he won't be a 3 down player.  

Hard to say what they get for Mccarron, but QB's fetch a premium.  A huge advantage for him is that he's still on his rookie contract, so he's easy to get under the cap and if he doesn't pan out, you can let him walk without sinking a ton of money into him.  Fitzpatrick has been abysmal this year, and nobody on the Jets roster has been able to unseat him.  It's clear Petty isn't the answer, and they aren't prepared to make Hackenberg the guy without a competition.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 08:16 PM)J24 Wrote: If they believed in Hackenberg or petty they would be playing right now. The Jets are going to be in the QB hunt next season.

Maybe for a veteran. But no way they trade for McCarron. They have their own young players.

(12-02-2016, 08:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: I have a friend who's a 9'ers fan with Sunday Ticket and he says Armstead blows, which is where I'm basing my opinion.  Eifert was also playing behind a former Pro Bowler.

Garrett will primarily be a pass rusher, but if he doesn't learn coverage, he won't be a 3 down player.  

Hard to say what they get for Mccarron, but QB's fetch a premium.  A huge advantage for him is that he's still on his rookie contract, so he's easy to get under the cap and if he doesn't pan out, you can let him walk without sinking a ton of money into him.  Fitzpatrick has been abysmal this year, and nobody on the Jets roster has been able to unseat him.  It's clear Petty isn't the answer, and they aren't prepared to make Hackenberg the guy without a competition.

Armstead doesn't blow. He doesn't get a ton of playing time. Eifert had more playing time his first 2 years than Armstead. Plus, it was known that Armstead would take some time to adjust into the NFL. Also throw in that Armstead is still very young. Armstead will be 23 by the beginning on next season. Allen will be 22 at the beginning on next season.

I can agree on that. Others have had to do it. But his primary focus should continue to be pass rushing.

They can fetch a premium. However, Bradford in Minnesota may cause teams to back off of premiums like that. However, Garoppolo is also in his rookie contract and is younger than McCarron. There are other options out there.

Just because Fitzpatrick is still playing doesn't mean someone can't "unseat" him. They put in Petty but he got hurt, then Fitzpatrick played very well. Plus, they paid Fitz a TON of money, so might as well get a high draft pick. Hackenberg is a rookie, and Bowles might be the guy who wants to sit his QB for a year. Teams still believe in doing that. Gus Bradley wanted to do that, but his hand was forced with Bortles.

I just don't see the Jets trading for a QB in all honesty. Bears I could see. But they might also stay put and look at QBs there.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 08:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Maybe for a veteran. But no way they trade for McCarron. They have their own young players.

Armstead doesn't blow. He doesn't get a ton of playing time. Eifert had more playing time his first 2 years than Armstead. Plus, it was known that Armstead would take some time to adjust into the NFL. Also throw in that Armstead is still very young. Armstead will be 23 by the beginning on next season. Allen will be 22 at the beginning on next season.

I can agree on that. Others have had to do it. But his primary focus should continue to be pass rushing.

They can fetch a premium. However, Bradford in Minnesota may cause teams to back off of premiums like that. However, Garoppolo is also in his rookie contract and is younger than McCarron. There are other options out there.

Just because Fitzpatrick is still playing doesn't mean someone can't "unseat" him. They put in Petty but he got hurt, then Fitzpatrick played very well. Plus, they paid Fitz a TON of money, so might as well get a high draft pick. Hackenberg is a rookie, and Bowles might be the guy who wants to sit his QB for a year. Teams still believe in doing that. Gus Bradley wanted to do that, but his hand was forced with Bortles.

I just don't see the Jets trading for a QB in all honesty. Bears I could see. But they might also stay put and look at QBs there.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the 'ers are notorious for falling in love with guys and reaching in the 1st.  They are the biggest wild card at the top of the draft because of this.  They could take Taco Charlton and I would only be mildly surprised..

I don't see NE dealing Garappolo because of Brady's age.  After watching the last couple of years of Peyton's career, you can bet Brady doesn't want to be remembered like that.  If he gets that 5th ring, he's done, imo.  

A lot depends on how the draft order shakes out.  Right now, the Jets have 3 teams that definitely need a QB and one that could be looking in front of them.  They could get scared of missing out.
Reply/Quote
Ruben Foster all day. Put him next to Burfict and let them go to work.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 09:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Another thing to keep in mind is that the 'ers are notorious for falling in love with guys and reaching in the 1st.  They are the biggest wild card at the top of the draft because of this.  They could take Taco Charlton and I would only be mildly surprised..

I don't see NE dealing Garappolo because of Brady's age.  After watching the last couple of years of Peyton's career, you can bet Brady doesn't want to be remembered like that.  If he gets that 5th ring, he's done, imo.  

A lot depends on how the draft order shakes out.  Right now, the Jets have 3 teams that definitely need a QB and one that could be looking in front of them.  They could get scared of missing out.

I just don't see them bailing on Armstead. Also, they were at the Clemson-VT game to watch Watson. So they seem to be in the market for QB, or at least to highly scout him.

I know Brady won't, but Brady also didn't have to get spinal surgery. Who knows what Brady will do. I could see him do something like Manning or Favre where they keep going until they can't anymore, rather than what Warner did.

Correct. Plus, Jets need a RB and I could see them taking Fournette. Plus, their secondary has struggled a lot, and Revis is going to retire soon. It's a deep CB class and they could take one early.

It's very possible for Garrett to fall to the Bengals. However, if they don't get him I want Barnett in stripes. He's my #1 because I honestly don't see Garrett falling. But I think Barnett is a better 4-3 DE, granted I see Garrett as the better overall player.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 12:27 AM)ZWP Wrote: Ruben Foster all day. Put him next to Burfict and let them go to work.

Those two and maybe draft Davonte Fields later... A bit of a risky pick but he's an athletic OLB that can cover a TE and pass rush if needed.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We have so many holes that I am not sure what position we're going to pick this early on.

A lot of out bad positions have depth in the wings, such as Andrew Billings for DT and Tyler Boyd for WR.

But we've relied on players developing before and that has really caused us some problems.

I want to draft a LB, but we also have Vigil in the wings...so who knows how good he is going to be...

I honestly think our biggest weakness is coaching. If we can fire Lewis, Zampese and most of the defensive coaching staff, I think we can really turn this team around fast.

I agree with you CJD. If we can replace a few coaches here and there with better ones we can definately make a
run at the SB next year. The problem is definately coaching and if we get some upgrades there we should be fine
with Duke Tobin running the draft. Failed on the Og pick but the real fail is in the coaches who kept him out there
so long.

To the OP, would love to get Foster but i doubt he falls all the way to us cuz i think we will win too many games
and will get a mid round pick in the first round.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree with you CJD. If we can replace a few coaches here and there with better ones we can definately make a
run at the SB next year. The problem is definately coaching and if we get some upgrades there we should be fine
with Duke Tobin running the draft. Failed on the Og pick but the real fail is in the coaches who kept him out there
so long.

To the OP, would love to get Foster but i doubt he falls all the way to us cuz i think we will win too many games
and will get a mid round pick in the first round.
B
Its so frustrating when your team should do the proper thing and lay down to get more value.  Mark my words tho Cunningham will have a better combine and become the first ILB taken.  I still feel Foster is the better fit for or team and needs.  We need a guy who doesn't miss tackles and can help burfict shut down the run game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 11:27 AM)Okeana Wrote: B
Its so frustrating when your team should do the proper thing and lay down to get more value.  Mark my words tho Cunningham will have a better combine and become the first ILB taken.  I still feel Foster is the better fit for or team and needs.  We need a guy who doesn't miss tackles and can help burfict shut down the run game.

I just don't think it is in the players blood to lay down to get a higher draft pick, i know i wouldn't.

Could be right about Cunningham and we might have a chance at Foster, sure would be great to put that guy next to Burfict.

Not bad in the passing game either, can move east to west with ease ole Foster...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 10:42 AM)kevin Wrote: Foster or Williams would be welcome on Bengals......Bengals have not drafted a top LB in years and it shows......Dansby has seen better days.....When the Bengals pick and I look for it at least from pick 16 to maybe into Top 10......The best available players on the board for Bengals are going to be a lot of LBs......and since Alabama has 2 top draft rated LBs, I'm doubling down on Bama.....The Bengals are getting old at LB, they really are. ......They put a band aid on bringing in Harrison, then Hawk and now Dansby but it is time to draft a LB. .....There is a term to describe all the Bengals LBs......Over Rated. ....

So Bengals look to Bama and fill a huge need that they have been neglecting in the drafts.

I suggest the lousy Bengals address O Line in second round, but the LBs are too good and too many early in Round One, and Bengals are in dire need of top young talent at LB.  Whitworth and Peko getting old, but the tank isn't empty on the bench as much as LB. ..My hopes are we go LB and then O Line because our blocking stinks.....We need blocking and tackling, Bengals need to muscle up. They are weaker this year on blocking and tackling than they have been since before drafting AJ Green and Dalton in 2011....The Bengals just can not muscle up and man up with the big boys. They can beat a lousy team now and then, but that stinks.....Good teams are running threw us but we can not run or pass against them. We are weak in the D Front 7 and on the O Line.  We could not play a 3-4 if we wanted to because we are so weak at LB.  OK, maybe we don't want to, but even in a 4-3 we are weak at LB.

here what we should do we are 8 right now. I'm going osu in first trade down to 18 get eifling whose the best center and a aggressive run blocker who will punch u in the mouth. Need that in afc north. Also just won the Remington in first year at center. Then trade the third we most likely got when we traded down and a 5th Como to Then trade into Browns second first round pick or somewhere in mid to late 20s to get raquan McMillan. I think he is better than bama lbs. He's a thumper in run game but can cover lbs and tight ends with ease.  that fills our 2 biggest needs center and now we have a lb core of vigil burfict McMillan 
Reply/Quote