Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS BAG BAMA LB
Foster or Williams would be welcome on Bengals......Bengals have not drafted a top LB in years and it shows......Dansby has seen better days.....When the Bengals pick and I look for it at least from pick 16 to maybe into Top 10......The best available players on the board for Bengals are going to be a lot of LBs......and since Alabama has 2 top draft rated LBs, I'm doubling down on Bama.....The Bengals are getting old at LB, they really are. ......They put a band aid on bringing in Harrison, then Hawk and now Dansby but it is time to draft a LB. .....There is a term to describe all the Bengals LBs......Over Rated. ....

So Bengals look to Bama and fill a huge need that they have been neglecting in the drafts.

I suggest the lousy Bengals address O Line in second round, but the LBs are too good and too many early in Round One, and Bengals are in dire need of top young talent at LB.  Whitworth and Peko getting old, but the tank isn't empty on the bench as much as LB. ..My hopes are we go LB and then O Line because our blocking stinks.....We need blocking and tackling, Bengals need to muscle up. They are weaker this year on blocking and tackling than they have been since before drafting AJ Green and Dalton in 2011....The Bengals just can not muscle up and man up with the big boys. They can beat a lousy team now and then, but that stinks.....Good teams are running threw us but we can not run or pass against them. We are weak in the D Front 7 and on the O Line.  We could not play a 3-4 if we wanted to because we are so weak at LB.  OK, maybe we don't want to, but even in a 4-3 we are weak at LB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt also looks like a very good pick in the first to upgrade LB.

I also agree OL needs addressed early, but what position should be a second-round pick?
Should it be C to try and upgrade Bodine?
Should it be OG to replace Zeitler if he leaves in FA?
Or should it be OT even though the Bengals just took Ogbuehi and Fisher in 2015?
If it's OT, should the Bengals look for a more prototypical road grader at RT or find an(other?) heir for LT since Whitworth is the oldest starting LT in the league and could leave in FA in 2017?

The Bengals also need another DE and it's a strong DE class. This could mean a good DE falls to the third round, but also could mean they should take advantage of such a strong class and get a stud 4-3 DE in the first or second round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 01:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Zach Cunningham from Vanderbilt also looks like a very good pick in the first to upgrade LB.

I also agree OL needs addressed early, but what position should be a second-round pick?
Should it be C to try and upgrade Bodine?
Should it be OG to replace Zeitler if he leaves in FA?
Or should it be OT even though the Bengals just took Ogbuehi and Fisher in 2015?
If it's OT, should the Bengals look for a more prototypical road grader at RT or find an(other?) heir for LT since Whitworth is the oldest starting LT in the league and could leave in FA in 2017?

The Bengals also need another DE and it's a strong DE class. This could mean a good DE falls to the third round, but also could mean they should take advantage of such a strong class and get a stud 4-3 DE in the first or second round.
 We need a DE badly, we did a good job snagging Andrew Billings this past year to fill that other DT role so hopefully that works out. Sadly this draft lacks o-line so we should g for d-ends early. Depending where we draft Derrick Barnett should be a option Also Dawuane Smoot.Really all depends where we are drafting.
Reply/Quote
Would not mind at all if we drafted Foster in the first. Give me Zach Banner RT/RG in round two or three.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:24 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Would not mind at all if we drafted Foster in the first.  Give me Zach Banner RT/RG in round two or three.

Dream to get Foster all depends where we draft. I have a feeling we will win enough to put ourselves out of position to get him.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see a big name LB in the first, but I don't think it happens as long as Marvin is HC. He fancies himself a LB whisperer and doesn't need elite talent, Tez helped him solidify this thought.

I still hold out hope for PJ Dawson and Vigil. If we do go LB I want a hybrid (SS/LB or LB/DE). I don't want a prototypical LB an that is what the Bama boys are.

Ben Boulware has Bengal written all over him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would love to see a big name LB in the first, but I don't think it happens as long as Marvin is HC. He fancies himself a LB whisperer and doesn't need elite talent, Tez helped him solidify this thought.

I still hold out hope for PJ Dawson and Vigil. If we do go LB I want a hybrid (SS/LB or LB/DE). I don't want a prototypical LB an that is what the Bama boys are.

Yeah he tried once and got burned with Rivers.

And I predict that we will start winning when it doesn't matter and we will draft too low to get Foster or Cunningham and will have Lewis at the helm again.

As much as I have admired and respected Lewis, that would be a big mistake at this point I believe.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 01:01 PM)3wt Wrote: Yeah he tried once and got burned with Rivers.

And I predict that we will start winning when it doesn't matter and we will draft too low to get Foster or Cunningham and will have Lewis at the helm again.

As much as I have admired and respected Lewis, that would be a big mistake at this point I believe.

I think Marvin still has some resentment over the whole Odell Thurman incident. I don't really put Rivers on Marvin because I don't think he's the player we desired. I'm pretty sure we were looking at the 3 DL that went ahead of us. The Keith Rivers PC was probably the most dejected 1st round PC from Marvin.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2016, 05:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I think Marvin still has some resentment over the whole Odell Thurman incident. I don't really put Rivers on Marvin because I don't think he's the player we desired. I'm pretty sure we were looking at the 3 DL that went ahead of us. The Keith Rivers PC was probably the most dejected 1st round PC from Marvin.

Well, hopefully things have changed, because we should have moved down once "our" guy was off the board.  I think if we had the current setup, we would have moved out of that pick.
Reply/Quote
We have so many holes that I am not sure what position we're going to pick this early on.

A lot of out bad positions have depth in the wings, such as Andrew Billings for DT and Tyler Boyd for WR.

But we've relied on players developing before and that has really caused us some problems.

I want to draft a LB, but we also have Vigil in the wings...so who knows how good he is going to be...

I honestly think our biggest weakness is coaching. If we can fire Lewis, Zampese and most of the defensive coaching staff, I think we can really turn this team around fast.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2016, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would love to see a big name LB in the first, but I don't think it happens as long as Marvin is HC. He fancies himself a LB whisperer and doesn't need elite talent, Tez helped him solidify this thought.

Don't you consider Tim Williams a hybrid?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Don't you consider Tim Williams a hybrid?

Yes, Tim Williams is a Hybrid. 
Reply/Quote

Problem is, we've had bad luck with drafting hybrid guys, too.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 04:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, we've had bad luck with drafting hybrid guys, too.

At this point, we may have a shot at Myles Garrett. I'd gladly take a shot at that hybrid guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 05:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: At this point, we may have a shot at Myles Garrett. I'd gladly take a shot at that hybrid guy.

He'd be great, but how far up the pick list do you see the Bengals getting?  Right now, CBS has him as the #2 overall prospect. Bengals are currently sitting in position for the #6 overall pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 05:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: At this point, we may have a shot at Myles Garrett. I'd gladly take a shot at that hybrid guy.

I'd take Garett in a heartbeat, but he's really a DE that you can stand up, on occasion.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He'd be great, but how far up the pick list do you see the Bengals getting?  Right now, CBS has him as the #2 overall prospect.  Bengals are currently sitting in position for the #6 overall pick.

It's possible.

Browns, 49ers, and Bears all need QBs.
Jets and Jaguars don't need pass rushers.

So there's the 5 teams ahead of us. I think it comes down to the 49ers honestly. They may not like Watson or Kizer that much and go with best player available. But I see them as the only team that would take him.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 06:55 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's possible.

Browns, 49ers, and Bears all need QBs.
Jets and Jaguars don't need pass rushers.

So there's the 5 teams ahead of us. I think it comes down to the 49ers honestly. They may not like Watson or Kizer that much and go with best player available. But I see them as the only team that would take him.

I could see the 9'ers being more interested in Allen.  The guy has stud 3-4 DE written all over him.  I could also see the Bears draftng Garrett if the Browns and 9'ers go QB.

The other thing to consider is that if the rumored McCarron to the Browns trade comes to fruition, the Browns will likely take Garrett.  That is, unless the two teams swap 1st's as part of the deal.  Something like McCarron and the #6 pick for #1 and a third rounder.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 02:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: I could see the 9'ers being more interested in Allen.  The guy has stud 3-4 DE written all over him.  I could also see the Bears draftng Garrett if the Browns and 9'ers go QB.

The other thing to consider is that if the rumored McCarron to the Browns trade comes to fruition, the Browns will likely take Garrett.  That is, unless the two teams swap 1st's as part of the deal.  Something like McCarron and the #6 pick for #1 and a third rounder.

Don't forget, the 49ers also drafted Arik Armstead and last year DeForest Buckner.

Bears might not, they have Leonard Flyod. They have no secondary. It is a deep secondary class, so they may wait.

I don't see the Browns trading for McCarron. I've seen a lot of rumors that the Browns REALLY like Tribusky. But Garrett is also a possibility.

The thing is, 3 of the 5 top teams need a QB. Jags don't but also have Fowler and Allen would be a better fit for them. Jets have a good defensive line. And they drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round last year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 05:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Don't forget, the 49ers also drafted Arik Armstead and last year DeForest Buckner.

Bears might not, they have Leonard Flyod. They have no secondary. It is a deep secondary class, so they may wait.

I don't see the Browns trading for McCarron. I've seen a lot of rumors that the Browns REALLY like Tribusky. But Garrett is also a possibility.

The thing is, 3 of the 5 top teams need a QB. Jags don't but also have Fowler and Allen would be a better fit for them. Jets have a good defensive line. And they drafted Hackenberg in the 2nd round last year.

The Jags might be a dark horse team that needs a QB. There's no denying that a new coach is coming in after the season. Bortles is still struggling so I could see them trading/waiving him after the season and look into getting a new QB for their new coach.
Reply/Quote