Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS NOT DONE BULKING UP TRENCHES
Bengals.com and coaches say that keeping Tupou and Hill and bringing in a Center and Right Guard is far from the end. They plan more moves to BULK UP the O Line and D Line. This should come as good news to all.

I will again say that I think we have finally reached the day where Mike Brown is not calling all the shots as for 3 decades. He would have never paid for the Center and Guard being brought in, he felt those as low wage positions. The Play-Offs wins to Super Bowl, this Front Office has Changed. It was long over due. Change has to start at the TOP down. This team for decades could not change from the water boy on up. Too many things good are happening on Bengals for me not to feel the Front Office has finally made positive changes. I don't know if it is Katey Blackburn or Paul Brown Jr, or Tobin, but somebody that knows what they are doing seems to be now behind the wheel, and it was long over due. That they are letting The Head Coach, The Coaches, The Quarterback have more of a say in this team is a huge change from how this franchise has ran the last 30 years. I LOVE IT. GO BENGALS.

Bringing in Hayden to add to Sample at TE and keeping Bates opens up more moves on new O Line and D Line Players. The Bengals are on record as saying they are far from done on BULKING UP the O Line and D Line. More players to be added there very soon.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah, but will they be good players is the question.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The change is Zac Taylor to begin with and everybody bought into his vision. Duke Tobin and Zac working well together and Katie Blackburn in lock step. But everybody is on the same page and all working together in an excellent way. But yes Mike letting his younger mgt make more calls has been huge. The big key is Zac and Duke working well together.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The change is Zac Taylor to begin with and everybody bought into his vision. Duke Tobin and Zac working well together and Katie Blackburn in lock step. But everybody is on the same page and all working together in an excellent way. But yes Mike letting his younger mgt make more calls has been huge. The big key is Zac and Duke working well together.

I really think MB is letting Katie and Troy run the show, that said, he knows what he has in Burrow, and he lived through Greg Cook. He said he was going to get JB some help, and I think he meant it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:48 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, but will they be good players is the question.

Can't get much worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really think MB is letting Katie and Troy run the show, that said, he knows what he has in Burrow, and he lived through Greg Cook. He said he was going to get JB some help, and I think he meant it. 

Gotta think Mike Brown actually getting to witness his team making the Super Bowl after a couple of years' worth of investments was an eye-opener for sure.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 06:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com and coaches say that keeping Tupou and Hill and bringing in a Center and Right Guard is far from the end.  They plan more moves to BULK UP the O Line and D Line.  This should come as good news to all.

I will again say that I think we have finally reached the day where Mike Brown is not calling all the shots as for 3 decades. He would have never paid for the Center and Guard being brought in, he felt those as low wage positions. The Play-Offs wins to Super Bowl, this Front Office has Changed. It was long over due. Change has to start at the TOP down. This team for decades could not change from the water boy on up.  Too many things good are happening on Bengals for me not to feel the Front Office has finally made positive changes. I don't know if it is Katey Blackburn or Paul Brown Jr, or Tobin, but somebody that knows what they are doing seems to be now behind the wheel, and it was long over due.  That they are letting The Head Coach, The Coaches, The Quarterback have more of a say in this team is a huge change from how this franchise has ran the last 30 years. I LOVE IT.  GO BENGALS.

Bringing in Hayden to add to Sample at TE and keeping Bates opens up more moves on new O Line and D Line Players.  The Bengals are on record as saying they are far from done on BULKING UP the O Line and D Line.  More players to be added there very soon.

Did Bengals.com specifically say a Center when referring to Karras?
If so, I interpret that as them either planning to shift Hopkins to LG and compete with Carman or else moving on from Hopkins soon.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote:
Did Bengals.com specifically say a Center when referring to Karras?

If so, I interpret that as them either planning to shift Hopkins to LG and compete with Carman or else moving on from Hopkins soon.

Yes, they've almost always referred to him as Center. I suspect the only way he's not our center moving forward is if we sign Tretter.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, they've almost always referred to him as Center. I suspect the only way he's not our center moving forward is if we sign Tretter.

Which, if they already view Karras as filling that need, they may not even be considering Tretter.

Bummer.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, they've almost always referred to him as Center. I suspect the only way he's not our center moving forward is if we sign Tretter.

It's right that they do.  He was a Center at Patriots on 2 Super Bowl Winning Teams.  The other one signed is a proven Right Guard.  I would hate to see these 2 Free Agents brought in and played out of position.  If you get a good Center, you play him at Center.  If you get a good Right Guard, you play him at Right Guard.  These are not college draft picks hitting the NFL that you try here and there. These are proven NFL veterans.  

So I think we know Jonah Williams at Left Tackle and these 2 Free Agent signings at Center and Right Tackle.  Bengals say they are not done bringing in new O Linemen and D Linemen. 

The idea that Bengals would sign these 2 at big money and then play them out of position doesn't make sense.  They may not be any good played out of position.  To go out and get a top Center and Right Guard in Free Agency, that is where you play them. Plus, Bengals need an upgrade at Center and Right Guard.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they're not even considering Tretter. 

Williams - Spain/Carman/Smith - Karras - Cappa - Collins/Smith/Prince

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Agree, Kevin. I like every move we've made.

- Strong focus on o-line
- Got arguably the better player (BJ Hill) on a cheaper deal than Ogunjobi signed
- Got arguably the better player (Hayden Hurst) on a cheaper deal than Uzomah signed
- Bringing back Apple on a cheap one year deal that keeps him motivated
- Tagging Bates to give us stability and time to work out a deal.

Ok, fine. I didn't like bringing back Brandon Allen. But even that move is perfectly excusable if they pour every dime into improving other areas.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:34 AM)kevin Wrote: It's right that they do.  He was a Center at Patriots on 2 Super Bowl Winning Teams.  The other one signed is a proven Right Guard.  I would hate to see these 2 Free Agents brought in and played out of position.  If you get a good Center, you play him at Center.  If you get a good Right Guard, you play him at Right Guard.  These are not college draft picks hitting the NFL that you try here and there. These are proven NFL veterans.  

So I think we know Jonah Williams at Left Tackle and these 2 Free Agent signings at Center and Right Tackle.  Bengals say they are not done bringing in new O Linemen and D Linemen. 

The idea that Bengals would sign these 2 at big money and then play them out of position doesn't make sense.  They may not be any good played out of position.  To go out and get a top Center and Right Guard in Free Agency, that is where you play them. Plus, Bengals need an upgrade at Center and Right Guard.  

Karras had his best season ever (PFF wise) playing guard for NE last year after he lost a competition for the starting C spot. 

Saying C is his best oisition is just flat out inaccurate.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:34 AM)kevin Wrote: It's right that they do.  He was a Center at Patriots on 2 Super Bowl Winning Teams.  The other one signed is a proven Right Guard.  I would hate to see these 2 Free Agents brought in and played out of position.  If you get a good Center, you play him at Center.  If you get a good Right Guard, you play him at Right Guard.  These are not college draft picks hitting the NFL that you try here and there. These are proven NFL veterans.  

Agreed. If they can't find a left guard in FA, then re-sign Spain or I guess it will be Carman or a draft pick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:36 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Karras had his best season ever (PFF wise) playing guard for NE last year after he lost a competition for the starting C spot. 

Saying C is his best oisition is just flat out inaccurate.

Did he really lose a full on competition? I can't find any info.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me at all if they're not even considering Tretter. 

Williams - Spain/Carman/Smith - Karras - Cappa - Collins/Smith/Prince

Believe Bengals probably are only looking for one more OL signing as well. 

Would be a dream come true if both are signed. Yet getting Collins along with Cappa and Karras is still a major freakin upgrade and will be very pleased if this happens. 

Could possibly get Reiff back on friendlier deal for depth as well, doesn't seem like anybody is beating down his door with big money as of yet.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Bengals probably are only looking for one more OL signing as well. 

Would be a dream come true if both are signed. Yet getting Collins along with Cappa and Karras is still a major freakin upgrade and will be very pleased if this happens. 

Could possibly get Reiff back on friendlier deal for depth as well, doesn't seem like anybody is beating down his door with big money as of yet.  

I looked yesterday and there is nothing going on with him. I wonder if his ankle is fully trashed, because with the number of teams needing right tackles, he did pretty well last year prior to his injury. 
Reply/Quote
Agree with OP as well that am happy with all current moves made so far, but definitely need a RT signing to top it off.

If somehow Collins was brought in then I believe the Bengals would be in very good shape heading into the draft.

Adding more will put me in a fantasy world which would not hurt my feeling at all, just not expecting.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I looked yesterday and there is nothing going on with him. I wonder if his ankle is fully trashed, because with the number of teams needing right tackles, he did pretty well last year prior to his injury. 

That could very well be the case

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:56 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Bengals probably are only looking for one more OL signing as well. 

Amen to all of this. Getting Collins, Cappa and Karras while maybe bringing back Spain would have me over the moon. That's a fantastic overhaul. I also agree that bringing back Reiff (who has played multiple spots in his career) would be a great depth move.
Reply/Quote