Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS WILL ONLY BE ONE GAME OUT OF FIRST AFTER SUNDAY
And you jinxed us...

If we lose on Sunday, blame Kevin.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They have ruled him out and Tomlin said he doesn't know when he'll be back

Well that answers that. Thanks, I haven't looked since early this morning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: And you jinxed us...

If we lose on Sunday, blame Kevin.

If the Bengals lose Sunday, it's time to piss on the fire, and call in the dogs! (Whitey Herzog)
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:03 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't think Ben plays next week, just noting they haven't ruled him out. There's no reason to this early. But I do think he's back in time for the Ravens, using the upcoming week and the bye to get healthy.

And the yardage was ok. Andy's performance was as good as I would ask for. But if our running game is going to be this bad (I think 24th overall and 26th in avg per carry), then we're going to have to do better than 'ok.' We're going to have to follow through. We can't be 6th overall in passing yards and 29th in passing scoring and expect that to translate into wins.

Fair enough. With Hill and Gio combining for a paltry 73 yards per game on 3.5 YPC, we probably need perfection from Andy and co.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. With Hill and Gio combining for a paltry 73 yards per game on 3.5 YPC, we probably need perfection from Andy and co.

At this point they need to do something different than the past 6 games. Something like going shotgun almost every play, and run a more up tempo offense. Let AD wing it 40 plus times, and see what happens. Because trying to have a balance offense is failing miserably with a crap run game.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The OP is correct in that the Bengals should be back to 0.500 in two weeks.  Cleveland is freakin' terrible and the only way Cincinnati loses this week is by playing down to the competition.  As for the game in London against the Redskins, the Bengals are the better team on paper and as long as Mike Brown didn't charter the cheapest red eye flight across the pond the night before the game, Cincinnati should win that one too.  The AJ Green vs. Josh Norman battle should be epic though.

Washington is 4-2, while we are 2-4.  They have won four straight while we have lost four of the last five.  They have one of the best tight ends in the game and as you said, Norman is going to be all over Green. I personally don't feel good at all about that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:42 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If the Bengals lose Sunday, it's time to piss on the fire, and call in the dogs! (Whitey Herzog)

Kevin won't, he will tell you we are still only two games out of first place and we are going to make a run against Washington in London!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:06 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At this point they need to do something different than the past 6 games. Something like going shotgun almost every play, and run a more up tempo offense. Let AD wing it 40 plus times, and see what happens. Because trying to have a balance offense is failing miserably with a crap run game.
  That would work of we could pass block, but whenever teams know the pass is coming and pin their ears back, we can't pass protect. It's not the new receiver's, or no Eifert that is holding the O back, it's poor line play...period. if the line gels our offense will be fine. If not, we are toast
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 12:47 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: First off, you are comparing our offensive line to Dallas.  Second, Elliott looks like the second coming of Eric Dickerson.  Third, Hill has not hit 100 yards in a game since 2014.  Is it possible?  Yes, but I would not put my hope in that happening very often.
No, I'm not comparing our O line to Dallas....and I'm not comparing Hill to Elliott who to me looks like Jimmy Brown....but historically the Bengals win when a RB gets 100 yards. Anybody remember that stat with Benson...100 yards often means a win...Hill gets limited because they give Gio half the playing time. Problem is, Gio stinks lately...If Hill can get healthy, they need to give Hill most of the carries. Hill has the ability to break a big run like Elliott, I've seen Hill do it. .....Hill and Eifert are our salvation if we can get them healthy and scoring touchdowns as we know they can. There TDs will set up AJ Green TDs and TDs for LaFell and Boyd. ...but we need Hill to get the ball a lot more and start putting up 100 yard games because Gio gets stuffed too easy. Hill doesn't need as much blocking as Gio. Hill can power for yards that Gio can't. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:17 PM)Brimey Wrote:   That would work of we could pass block, but whenever teams know the pass is coming and pin their ears back, we can't pass protect. It's not the new receiver's, or no Eifert that is holding the O back, it's poor line play...period. if the line gels our offense will be fine. If not, we are toast

Well I think its a good idea. However I forgot CedOg will be starting again at RT, and he has been terrible in pass pro. So yeah, they are pretty much screwed in whatever game plan they want to run. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Kevin won't, he will tell you we are still only two games out of first place and we are going to make a run against Washington in London!  Ninja

No Kevin won't....If we lose to Cleveland in THE JUNGLE and fall to 2-5, this team has major problems going on, and if we can't beat Cleveland, we can't beat Washington in London and a 4 win season in teams future......So this is a big game....I think Dalton has a huge game.  In spite of the team record, Dalton is playing great and he could light up Browns D.....Dalton was on pace to be MVP before injury last year, and Dalton putting up a lot of yards in spite of the losses and injured weapons on offense....THE JUNGLE ROARS SUNDAY. ......and some of you didn't get the sarcasm of my post right after loss Sunday talking play-offs, even though i said about 4 times the post was a joke. I didn't feel like whining and moaning over the loss, so I went the other way with a joke thread about play-offs. It was never meant to be taken that serious.....but, we can be 1 game out of first after this weekend, a very good chance.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:34 PM)kevin Wrote: No, I'm not comparing our O line to Dallas....and I'm not comparing Hill to Elliott who to me looks like Jimmy Brown....but historically the Bengals win when a RB gets 100 yards. Anybody remember that stat with Benson...100 yards often means a win...Hill gets limited because they give Gio half the playing time. Problem is, Gio stinks lately...If Hill can get healthy, they need to give Hill most of the carries. Hill has the ability to break a big run like Elliott, I've seen Hill do it. .....Hill and Eifert are our salvation if we can get them healthy and scoring touchdowns as we know they can. There TDs will set up AJ Green TDs and TDs for LaFell and Boyd. ...but we need Hill to get the ball a lot more and start putting up 100 yard games because Gio gets stuffed too easy. Hill doesn't need as much blocking as Gio. Hill can power for yards that Gio can't. 

I used Dickerson because he holds the rookie rushing record that Elliot is on pace to break.  As has been discussed in many threads, Hill looks nothing like that guy from his rookie season who was putting up 100 yard games.  He didn't last year, and certainly does not this year.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers beat the Patriots
The Browns beat the Bengals

ONE of these things will happen this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:43 PM)kevin Wrote: No Kevin won't....If we lose to Cleveland in THE JUNGLE and fall to 2-5, this team has major problems going on, and if we can't beat Cleveland, we can't beat Washington in London and a 4 win season in teams future......So this is a big game....I think Dalton has a huge game.  In spite of the team record, Dalton is playing great and he could light up Browns D.....Dalton was on pace to be MVP before injury last year, and Dalton putting up a lot of yards in spite of the losses and injured weapons on offense....THE JUNGLE ROARS SUNDAY. ......and some of you didn't get the sarcasm of my post right after loss Sunday talking play-offs, even though i said about 4 times the post was a joke. I didn't feel like whining and moaning over the loss, so I went the other way with a joke thread about play-offs.  It was never meant to be taken that serious.....but, we can be 1 game out of first after this weekend, a very good chance.

So your saying if we lose this weekend against Cleveland and the following week against the Redskins, there's still a chance?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 06:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: So your saying if we lose this weekend against Cleveland and the following week against the Redskins, there's still a chance?

Shocked..........WTF
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Redskins > Bengals

So whatever potential GOOD happens this week will be negated next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Well I think its a good idea. However I forgot CedOg will be starting again at RT, and he has been terrible in pass pro. So yeah, they are pretty much screwed in whatever game plan they want to run. 

Yes we are screwed ! CedO is just as bad at run blocking. I've been going back thru Pats game and about a quarter and a half in 3 running plays that went for little to no gain because Ced whiffs on his block or does not sustain it - at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:14 AM)Benton Wrote: At Heinz, isn't it? I wouldn't rule the Steelers out at home. They do better than most when they have to use a backup.

And the problem with the Pats isn't their outstanding defense. Hell, even we scored on them. It's their offense. If the Steelers can get to Brady and keep it within a score, it's a winnable game for them.
OMG, the refs are going to be in a quandary. These two teams are both NFL Darlings, so whom do the refs favor with their little yellow flags? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 09:35 PM)Derrick Wrote: OMG, the refs are going to be in a quandary. These two teams are both NFL Darlings, so whom do the refs favor with their little yellow flags? LMAO

It'll be like that scene from scanners as they start to shake and tremble unsure if Mitchell's helmet to helmet KO shot on Gronk is or is not a flag, while Harrison takes Brady down by the knees causing complete and total full body convulsions. 

[Image: scanners8-e1327251794408.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote