Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BJ Hill On The Way Out?
He tweeted this an hour ago:

“God plans are bigger than what we could ever imagine!
Thank you Cincinnati it was fun! Who Dey”
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope not. He was a vital piece of the D.
Reply/Quote
Probably looking for starter money, we got a great trade rental for a year..
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a tweet from a guy who just played in the super bowl and is heading towards free agency
Reply/Quote
He is officially a free agent now right? Can we talk to our own FA's before March 14th or does everyone have to abide by the deadlines?
Reply/Quote
I took it as it wasn’t gods plan for them to win the super bowl and just thanking the team for trading for him. Far as free agency goes I always thought it was either him or Larry OGunjobi coming back not both ,there both starters in this league.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a guy who is thankful he went from a bad situation to a Super Bowl.

If you're reading this as a goodbye, I think you're reading something that isn't there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like a guy who is thankful he went from a bad situation to a Super Bowl.

If you're reading this as a goodbye, I think you're reading something that isn't there.

That’s what I’m thinking. Can’t imagine a decision would have been made yet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like a guy who is thankful he went from a bad situation to a Super Bowl.

No, this isn’t his style. He’s tweeted about the Super Bowl a few times and then in others has been referring to Cincy in present tense. I think this is a calculated move by his agent.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:19 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  Far as free agency goes I always thought it was either him or Larry OGunjobi coming back not both ,there both starters in this league.

If Larry is going to be 100% healthy I would rather sign him.

But I thought we might end up with Hill because he would probably be cheaper.

Hill played very well for us.  Out of nowhere.  Big part of our #5 ranked run defense.  Also made himself some money with his postseason play.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see him back. He played well when we needed him to.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:37 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No, this isn’t his style. He’s tweeted about the Super Bowl a few times and then in others has been referring to Cincy in present tense. I think this is a calculated move by his agent.

It "was" fun could just be referring to the season and Super Bowl...not necessarily "it's been fun, but deuces, I'm out!"
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 10:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Larry is going to be 100% healthy I would rather sign him.

But I thought we might end up with Hill because he would probably be cheaper.

Hill played very well for us.  Out of nowhere.  Big part of our #5 ranked run defense.  Also made himself some money with his postseason play.

I think Larry should be good to go and I’d honestly be fine with either one as long as we don’t lose both. I’m interested to see who gets more money, Hill was good even as a backup behind Larry and just had more opportunities with the injury.
Reply/Quote
He is a FA without knowledge of if the Bengals wil re-sign him or not. Certain there has not been enough time since SB to sit down and have heart to heart with any players yet.

Don't think it means goodbye Im out of here as much as it is just thanking Bengals and hoping to motivate them to start negotiating.

With him being a FA that is all he really could say imo.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
and this came from Jessie Bates

and Michael Thomas (DB)
I wouldn't put too much stock in this. These guys are in full negotiating mode now. Hill, esp. I can see wanting to check out what he could get in free agency.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
One unfortunate side effect of making the Super Bowl is that players like BJ Hill - who normally wouldn't have broke the bank - will have more suitors than normal, just thanks to them being on a Super Bowl squad.

I don't think this tweet was suggesting anything other than being grateful, but a lot of these guys will test the market, and don't be surprised if they get offers it wouldn't be wise to match.
Reply/Quote
Hilarious stuff. Twitter's a riot.
Reply/Quote
I believe Dehner and Morrison put Hill down as a "yes" when it came to re-signing him on the latest HTPG. I can see the team pushing to re-sign Hill considering how well he did for us.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It's called negotiations. If he'll get starter money somewhere, he'll take it. He knows that they're probably more interested in re-signing Ogunjobi as a starter and if he can get any interest from outside of Cincy, that's extra ammo in negotiations with the Bengals.

I know it's been this way for awhile now but after finally becoming online aware in the spring of '98, that's the first time I have ever written or typed the words 'negotiations with the Bengals' instead of 'negotiations with Mike Brown'. After typing in the word 'with', I actually paused and stared at the screen for a few seconds . . . then passed on typing in 'Troy and Katie' before choosing 'the Bengals' while shaking my head. Gotta admit, it felt weird.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Hope BJ is back.
Reply/Quote