Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BJ Hill
This guy will rise in the draft. Plays with chubb, showed well at senior bowl, and ran 4.99 at 315 the dude gives me the same feeling Geno Atkins did when I scouted him. I just don't understand how people have a 4-5th round grade on the guy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:26 AM)Okeana Wrote: This guy will rise in the draft. Plays with chubb, showed well at senior bowl, and ran 4.99 at 315 the dude gives me the same feeling Geno Atkins did when I scouted him. I just don't understand how people have a 4-5th round grade on the guy.

Please enlighten on the pros/cons of this guy?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The knock on him seems to be play strength at the point of attack.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/b.j.-hill?id=2559857

[quoteWeaknesses Play strength at point of attack is a concern. Gives ground against initial contact when facing a quality drive blocker. Doesn't display the lower body anchor teams typically like. Will get put on a dolly and rolled way out of his gap by double teams. Will have to learn to spin out of double teams on next level. Gets bumped out of his track by blocks from the edge. Body control and contact balance is below average. Pressure total and sack count low over last two seasons despite playing along quality defensive front. Bull rush isn't there. ][/quote]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please enlighten on the pros/cons of this guy?

recorded 57 tackles with 5.5 for a loss, three sacks and three passes batted in 2017.
As a junior, he totaled 39 tackles with 2.5 for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble and three passes batted. 
50 tackles as a sophomore with 3.5 sacks and 40 tackles as a freshman with 1.5 sacks

pros

above average run coverage
great pass rush
good vision
great first step
Tenacity and passion for the game
athletically gifted
great leader

cons

needs to develop more moves is primarily a bull rush guy
has a hard time against double teams and isn't really made to be a NT
didn't have the highest stats in college, but played on one of if not the best defensive line in college football

Overall this guy isn't going to be your college superstar type player, but I think hes only getting better and will explode in the NFL much like Atkins which is why i compared the two.  He came out of college being projected as a 4-5th round guy and i think he will end up a late 2nd to 3rd round prospect.  put him behind atkins in the rotation and possibly move him to 1 tech in pass rush schemes .

Reply/Quote
Also character concerns.

http://www.sj-r.com/article/20150602/NEWS/150609851

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also character concerns.

Yikes! Wonder why he’s not in jail? Was only 3yrs ago?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yikes! Wonder why he’s not in jail? Was only 3yrs ago?

Probably had a great attorney.

Must have been going through some troubling times, it also said that he left the basketball team mid-season for "undisclosed" reasons.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Probably had a great attorney.

Must have been going through some troubling times, it also said that he left the basketball team mid-season for "undisclosed" reasons.

Quitting is another concern. We love players here with a questionable past. Probably has a good chance at becoming a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Also character concerns.

Most likely why is ranked so low and unfortunately probably our guy then.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Most likely why is ranked so low and unfortunately probably our guy then.

I don't know if that's the reason, as much as his lack of playing strength at the point of attack.  *See post above with link to his NFL.com draft profile.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One of the gangstas with the red helmets at senior bowl good late round target.
Reply/Quote
Don't like that Hill lacks strength at the point of attack.

Wanting Vea more and more as long as we get a top OL FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't like that Hill lacks strength at the point of attack.

Wanting Vea more and more as long as we get a top OL FA.

LMAO @ reading nfl.com summaries go watch tape and his offseason  they said same shit about atkins coming out.  To small, weak at point of attack, blah blah blah.   

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:54 PM)Okeana Wrote: LMAO @ reading nfl.com summaries go watch tape and his offseason  they said same shit about atkins coming out.  To small, weak at point of attack, blah blah blah.   

Yeah, that ended up being complete BS didn't it?

I will watch some tape on your man BJ Hill Okeana... :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that ended up being complete BS didn't it?

I will watch some tape on your man BJ Hill Okeana... :andy:

He ababsol killed the senior bowl. I man absolutely killed. Could not be stopped. Even beat big will hernandez
Reply/Quote
Loved this guy from the get. Had him in my first mock I’d be a fan fo sho if we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 06:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He ababsol killed the senior bowl. I man absolutely killed. Could not be stopped. Even beat big will hernandez

Yep, liking this guy in the middle rounds now. All for BJ Hill. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, liking this guy in the middle rounds now. All for BJ Hill. Rock On

=) i knew you would like the tape.  the guy really pops on the screen and could really add some depth to the team 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:04 PM)Okeana Wrote: =) i knew you would like the tape.  the guy really pops on the screen and could really add some depth to the team 

Sure do and sure doesn't look like he is weak and the point of attack either like they said.

I call BS on that just like it was with Geno.
Reply/Quote