Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BJ wants Pratt back

Reply/Quote
He’s my pick for surprise resign

I used to think someone would take him at around 8M per but i don’t think the market will materialize for him. I think he comes back on a 3 year 21M type deal
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 08:33 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s my pick for surprise resign

I used to think someone would take him at around 8M per but i don’t think the market will materialize for him. I think he comes back on a 3 year 21M type deal

I sign him to a 3 yr 21 to 24 mil before I do the same for Hurst, he is more impactful and harder to replace
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody wants Pratt back, its just a matter of can we afford what he wants to be paid.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 08:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I sign him to a 3 yr 21 to 24 mil before I do the same for Hurst, he is more impactful and harder to replace

I would pay Pratt 7 million a year before I would pay Hurst 5.  Im sorry but I think Burrow can be successful with any competent TE.  I like Hurst but that TE position isnt worth more than 5 million on this team.
Reply/Quote
Well they want everyone back but they aren’t navigating the salary cap lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Woah a person wants their friend to stay
Reply/Quote
Pratt is seeing his value decline with every high caliber Linebacker released.
Reply/Quote
Remember how good our Linebackers were before we got Pratt, Wilson, Davis-Gaither, and Bailey? I don't want to go back to those days
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pratt is seeing his value decline with every high caliber Linebacker released.

There are too many high quality free agent LBs available and no doubt Pratt's value has fallen.  If Pratt doesnt agree to an affordable contract the Bengals will just sign someone else next week.  I wouldnt mind having Bobby Wagner on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Seems BJ is OK with Germaine yelling at Ossai and we know BJ was Ossai's bodyguard during the post-game interviews.

I'd like to bring Pratt back, but it's gotta work on the money.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals will look like a nice option for him if he's still out there a few days into free agency. I'd be happy to have him back if they could get him for 5 or 6 million.

It's wild to see the Roquan Smith deal blow out the off-ball linebacker market only to have a glut of good players enter free angency and drive it right back down.

Even if Pratt leaves, there should be options if the Bengals don't feel like they have an answer in-house
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 08:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Germaine and BJ are best friends. Of course he wants him back

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 10:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: There are too many high quality free agent LBs available and no doubt Pratt's value has fallen.  If Pratt doesnt agree to an affordable contract the Bengals will just sign someone else next week.  I wouldnt mind having Bobby Wagner on the roster.

Each linebacker becoming available increases our odds of getting Pratt back. I hope he takes a reasonable deal here.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Each linebacker becoming available increases our odds of getting Pratt back. I hope he takes a reasonable deal here.

Agreed, I hope he does too as Pratt has been getting better and better and plays with incredible passion.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:10 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Everybody wants Pratt back, its just a matter of can we afford what he wants to be paid.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yet feel it somehow gets done 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 08:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I really like Pratt and the experience he has gained now in multiple playoff games is enticing.  I just can't see them paying him AND Logan Wilson.  It is a sad  reality but the team needs veteran leadership at all three levels of the defense, and I would place a much higher priority on signing Vonn Bell. 

If Pratt is willing to take a team-friendly deal with incentives, great, but I have a strong suspicion that he will be adding to the future compensatory picks.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 09:54 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: Remember how good our Linebackers were before we got Pratt, Wilson, Davis-Gaither, and Bailey? I don't want to go back to those days

Bingo.  He's not all-world by any means, but the Marvin Lewis era tells us solid to good LBs don't exactly grow on trees.
Reply/Quote
Yeaaaah... but how about Bobby Wagner? Sure would be nice to have an every down HoF LB still playing at an All-Pro level.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2023, 04:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeaaaah... but how about Bobby Wagner? Sure would be nice to have an every down HoF LB still playing at an All-Pro level.

Bobby would be the fall back and what a fall back that would be...

To the OP, of course BJ wants his best buddy back, they played at the same college too. Also, Sled is right, it is getting more and 
more likely we can bring Pratt back with all these starting LB's getting cut and being available. Pratt still might not of hit is prime 
either like Bobby probably has.
Reply/Quote