Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLOCK for Burrow
I like the Win at Raiders

Still, Burrow was taking way too many hits. There are 7 regular season games left against some mighty tough defenses. I do not want to see Burrow become a human punching bag on every play. This is a very tricky year of him playing after injury and major surgery. If he can stay healthy, I think he will be even stronger next season. For now, the Blockers need to earn their paychecks including the running backs when it is their turn to block.

Up next is The Steelers, who have laid the Hits on Bengals QBs over the decades, especially if their play-off hopes are at stake The Bengals Blockers better be locked and loaded and pack a lunch to protect The Future of This Franchise for many years in Joe Burrow this Sunday. No excuses why they got beat, just don't get beat, make the blocks, make the blocks, and then make the blocks again.

I don't want to see Burrow taking all the Hits he did yesterday due to poor Blocking extend over the next 7 regular season games. That was what happened last year, and eventually Burrow took one hit too many.

BLOCK and GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sure the O-line has to earn their pay. So do the other team's D-linemen. And the Raiders and Steelers have really good D-linemen.
Reply/Quote
30+ years without winning a playoff game.Would have liked to have seen the franchise open up their checkbook a little more earlier in the year and really address this O-line problem seriously while there were still some quality OL available,but that didn’t happen.It is what it is.I think a lot of it had to do with the hiring of The new OL coach.I guess they thought he could turn things around single handedly.They just sort of fell a couple players short.I do like our tackle positions,and LG.
It’s hard to come by an Elite franchise Quarterback.They need to protect him.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:53 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: They need to protect him.

I learned all about protection at 15. This is ridiculous.  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm having nightmares about Chris Jones lined up on the interior when we face Chiefs later in the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm having nightmares about Chris Jones lined up on the interior when we face Chiefs later in the season.

What bothers me is when our stud players should feast, they tend to flounder. But when the opponents studs face us and should feast, they absolutely do. What the hell do other teams do that our coaches fail to do?

This isn't a shot at Zac or Lou, mind you. It was an issue with Marv and Zimmer and a half dozen other coordinators over the last decade or so.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:37 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm having nightmares about Chris Jones lined up on the interior when we face Chiefs later in the season.

I have nightmares about a Spider Snake. It's a spider where each leg is a snake. I'd rather have your nightmares; cause they don't seem scary
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow definitely needs much better pass protection but don’t forget about blocking for the “other” Joe: Joe Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Kevin started a thread about blocking? NO FN WAY!!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:57 PM)Tony Wrote: Kevin started a thread about blocking? NO FN WAY!!

No… This is a thread about BLOCKING! There is a big difference.
Reply/Quote
Blocking has been bad, but Burrow is not helping himself at all. There are times when he is running out of a clean pocket and into hits. OL can't block for Burrow if he does keep them between him and the rushers. There are also times where he has time to throw and he chooses to hold onto the ball rather than get rid of it. Also needs to stop turning his back to the field to run away, as nothing good ever happens with facing and running the wrong way.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Blocking has been bad, but Burrow is not helping himself at all. There are times when he is running out of a clean pocket and into hits. OL can't block for Burrow if he does keep them between him and the rushers. There are also times where he has time to throw and he chooses to hold onto the ball rather than get rid of it. Also needs to stop turning his back to the field to run away, as nothing good ever happens with facing and running the wrong way.

Yeah, the OL has some responsibility but Joe also shares that responsibility. He has some control over the hits and sacks that are being taken.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I learned all about protection at 15. This is ridiculous.  Ninja

Late bloomer, eh?  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pollack has been a disappointment with a healthy line especially 1st rounder William's , a good FA pickup, 3 OL draft picks this is best we are getting?? I understand there are other variables but Pollack was expected to show strong improvement especially with the above scenario and it has not happened yet.. The one area of improvement under Pollack is lack of penalties but as someone commented maybe they should hold more to protect Burrow..lol
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 06:53 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think a lot of it had to do with the hiring of The new OL coach.I guess they thought he could turn things around single handedly.

I don't call adding the tenth highest paid RT in the league and a second round draft pick "singlehandedly".

Could they have done more?  Yes.  But these claims that they did nothing but change coaches is just silly.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure telling professional OL that they have to block is going to immediately make them improve Ninja

On a serious note, they have who they have, and it's probably about as good as it gets at this point.
Bengals still have work to do in the offseason to upgrade (at least) a position or two on the OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I'm worried about Cam Heyward and TJ Watt this weekend.  Pitt is playing a lot better than when we saw them the first time.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 06:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Pollack has been a disappointment with a healthy line especially 1st rounder William's , a good  FA pickup, 3 OL draft picks this is best we are getting?? I understand there are other variables but Pollack was expected to do better especially with the above scenario and it has not happened..

I think three of the five have played fine, but RG and C have been a liability. Also, some of these issues are on Burrow. He has caused some of these pressures and sacks. The interior playing like that makes it pretty tough. Still need talent to work with. Some of these young guys will have to come into their own or get replaced. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I'm worried about Cam Heyward and TJ Watt this weekend.  Pitt is playing a lot better than when we saw them the first time.

we got this we winning this week more confident than I was when we faced Jets.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Blocking has been bad, but Burrow is not helping himself at all. There are times when he is running out of a clean pocket and into hits. OL can't block for Burrow if he does keep them between him and the rushers. There are also times where he has time to throw and he chooses to hold onto the ball rather than get rid of it. Also needs to stop turning his back to the field to run away, as nothing good ever happens with facing and running the wrong way.

I never noticed it before yesterday, but your analysis of Burrow here is spot on. I was watching wondering why the hell he was holding on to the ball so damn long and kept turning his back on the play. Like bro, you're not Prime Michael Vick; keep your eyes forward and make a decision QUICK.
Reply/Quote