Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BODINE AND PRESEASON
Bodine has had a solid preseason, I have seen improvement from last year in the preseason and hope this level of play is what we see in the regular season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven't really noticed a difference in his blocking. The poor snaps don't appear to be as much of an issue compared to the last couple preseasons which is a nice reprieve though.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bodine has had a solid preseason, I have seen improvement from last year in the preseason and hope this level of play is what we see in the regular season.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:00 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I haven't really noticed a difference in his blocking. The poor snaps don't appear to be as much of an issue compared to the last couple preseasons which is a nice reprieve though.

The 1st team line as performed well so far this preseason and tonight I saw some nice sustained blocks, since I coached linemen at a few levels I tend to watch them a bit more and have seen all three games and he has played better, looks a bit stronger in the trenches so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The 1st team line as performed well so far this preseason and tonight I saw some nice sustained blocks, since I coached linemen at a few levels I tend to watch them a bit more and have seen all three games and he has played better, looks a bit stronger in the trenches so far.

Agreed. By saying I haven't noticed a difference wasn't me saying he has sucked. Just sometimes he has looked good and sometimes he has been beat, just like in the past. The snaps have been an improvement though so overall I guess he has been better!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:18 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Agreed. By saying I haven't noticed a difference wasn't me saying he has sucked. Just sometimes he has looked good and sometimes he has been beat, just like in the past. The snaps have been an improvement though so overall I guess he has been better!

linemen all get beat.. Boling has a subpar game tonight what I could see.. I graded Bodine high though we never know really since we don;t know the true line calls.. but as a whole the line played well and Bodine does make the line calls also... 

To be honest you really should only grade a player for his performance on that game, what a linemen did in the last game or season should have no bearing on his current game grade
Reply/Quote
Just as Hue said that he and Andy were tied at the hip, so are Bodine and the OL coach. The coach came out with a very strong statement during the offseason about Bodine's performance and potential.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: linemen all get beat.. Boling has a subpar game tonight what I could see.. I graded Bodine high though we never know really since we don;t know the true line calls.. but as a whole the line played well and Bodine does make the line calls also... 

To be honest you really should only grade a player for his performance on that game, what a linemen did in the last game or season should have no bearing on his current game grade

True, there was a replay where Boling whiffed his his guy and Bodine created a huge hole blocking a pretty damn good DT and walling him off.  HIll went right off Bodine's back, but Boling's guy stuffed him.  I'm sure next time Clint will get over sooner.  
Reply/Quote
I know it is Monday, but I honestly wonder if the world is ending...I just read positive statements about Bodine and one of them was mine. If I see one kind word about Marv's game clock management, Paul Anderson's coaching, or Margus Hunt's pass-rushing ability, I might have to start stocking the bunker.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know it is Monday, but I honestly wonder if the world is ending...I just read positive statements about Bodine and one of them was mine.  If I see one kind word about Marv's game clock management, Paul Anderson's coaching, or Margus Hunt's pass-rushing ability, I might have to start stocking the bunker.

Hey there.... Did you see that one time Hunt pushed his guy back and deflected a pass?
Reply/Quote
As one of Bodine's bigger critics, I'll say that he played a nice game. He looked night and day different than he did against Detroit. The OL looked like they were on a mission, and they were generally successful.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hunt needs to go. I saw nothing from him last night. Him and any offensive lineman that played in the 4th quarter should be gone immediately.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:09 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hunt needs to go. I saw nothing from him last night. Him and any offensive lineman that played in the 4th quarter should be gone immediately.

Hunt's the biggest damned waste of space - literally and figuratively - every time he's on the field. Probably the worst draft pick in the last 10 years.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I agree. Bodine has has had a fine preseason blocking. Did a nice job against Minny and Detroit, and continued it last night. Boling has been a stud this preseason too.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 10:12 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Hunt's the biggest damned waste of space - literally and figuratively - every time he's on the field. Probably the worst draft pick in the last 10 years.

Yep.  And it's mind boggling because with his size and speed he should be able to dominate.  Just can't transfer his abilities to football success.  Even Kevin Greene said that.
Reply/Quote
I am also encouraged by Bodine's play.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know it is Monday, but I honestly wonder if the world is ending...I just read positive statements about Bodine and one of them was mine.  If I see one kind word about Marv's game clock management, Paul Anderson's coaching, or Margus Hunt's pass-rushing ability, I might have to start stocking the bunker.

Hunt has been looking much better these last 2 preseason games compared to game 1.
Reply/Quote
Bodine did look better, hopefully it carries over, we'll see.

Hunt is D. Roland 2.0 just on opposite side of line - both needed gone way before they left. Sad part is Hunt will probably stick this season.
Reply/Quote
Starting O-line looked great except maybe on goal line.

But Hill still got it in so no big deal.

Still hope Ced or Fischer get back soon though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bodine has had a solid preseason, I have seen improvement from last year in the preseason and hope this level of play is what we see in the regular season.

He definately looked much better last night. Hope this continues cause if Bodine improves we could have the best OL in football.

That was a great block he made on one play, forget which, think it was a Jeremy Hill run.
Reply/Quote