Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BOOM!!
I'm going to STOP purposely pushing buttons that should help.  

There are several members here, that shall remain nameless, that:

1. Know that 'messing with heads' is EXACTLY what I'm doing. They simply just don't respond and move on to the next thread.

2. There are also several fans, some possibly just lurking, that have been here for the last 26 years, or more, that DO 'HOPE' for the best, but 'EXPECT' the wheels to eventually come off, although they mostly keep it to themselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't doubled down on anything.

I'm just not afraid to say, after 26 years, it's hope for the best, but expect the worst.

AND ..... there's more to life than NFL football.

Right, such as trolling and attempting to piss as many people off as possible.  Have fun in that corner into which you've painted yourself.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:02 PM)McC Wrote: Right, such as trolling and attempting to piss as many people off as possible.  Have fun in that corner into which you've painted yourself.

Pulled the chains of the weak and uninformed ONLY.  (See the post above yours)
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pulled the chains of the weak and uninformed ONLY.  (See the post above yours)

I'm just a little confused as to what your end game might be.  Moses never got to see the Promised Land, as I'm sure you know.  My philosophy has always been to enjoy the good times when they come and worry about the bad times IF and when they show up.  Never really saw the wisdom in fretting over things that haven't happened yet.  They've been saying the world will end since it began but so far, here we are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:34 PM)McC Wrote: I'm just a little confused as to what your end game might be.  Moses never got to see the Promised Land, as I'm sure you know.  My philosophy has always been to enjoy the good times when they come and worry about the bad times IF and when they show up.  Never really saw the wisdom in fretting over things that haven't happened yet.  They've been saying the world will end since it began but so far, here we are.

Not sure what's so hard to understand if you read the post above McC?

There's no 'end game' at all.  I've been a Bengals fan since they came to town, in 1968, at the age of 15.  (Switched from Browns to Bengals)

Since MB has been at the helm, it's been 'hope for the best, and expect the worst' .... for me AND several other fans, board members and non-board members.

Since the strike in the 80s, and all the other foolishness that has transpired SINCE then, NFL has been put into it's proper perspective, for me.  I enjoy the journey, don't get too up and definitely don't 'worry' whatsoever regardless of what happens.

I've been around in here, long enough to realize the 'level headed' fans, who don't get caught up in all the craziness, that goes on in the Game Day threads, and the ones who 'live and breathe' NFL football and DO go off in the Game Day Threads.

I said, again in the post above, that I would stop my amusement of 'pulling the chains' of those fans and behave myself.

I will hold true to that going forward.

Hope this clears things up.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Pulled the chains of the weak and uninformed ONLY.  (See the post above yours)

I vowed to myself I wasn't going to reply to anymore of your bullshit.  But you calling people weak and uninformed is quite frankly ironic as hell.  What you actually did was start 2 different threads predicting the teams "ultimate" failure to have a decent season.  And then they pulled off a win to spoil your next doom and gloom thread.

And THAT is weak.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Not sure what's so hard to understand if you read the post above McC?

There's no 'end game' at all.  I've been a Bengals fan since they came to town, in 1968, at the age of 15.  (Switched from Browns to Bengals)

Since MB has been at the helm, it's been 'hope for the best, and expect the worst' .... for me AND several other fans, board members and non-board members.

Since the strike in the 80s, and all the other foolishness that has transpired SINCE then, NFL has been put into it's proper perspective, for me.  I enjoy the journey, don't get too up and definitely don't 'worry' whatsoever regardless of what happens.

I've been around in here, long enough to realize the 'level headed' fans, who don't get caught up in all the craziness, that goes on in the Game Day threads, and the ones who 'live and breathe' NFL football and DO go off in the Game Day Threads.

I said, again in the post above, that I would stop my amusement of 'pulling the chains' of those fans and behave myself.

I will hold true to that going forward.

Hope this clears things up.
So, you're performing a public service, being altruistic.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:01 PM)McC Wrote: So, you're performing a public service, being altruistic.

Only if you're a 'face painted, my life is all about football fan', then probably so.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I vowed to myself I wasn't going to reply to anymore of your bullshit.  But you calling people weak and uninformed is quite frankly ironic as hell.  What you actually did was start 2 different threads predicting the teams "ultimate" failure to have a decent season.  And then they pulled off a win to spoil your next doom and gloom thread.

And THAT is weak.  

I promised I would stop this, but ... I had a feeling you were one of those 'face painted fans'.

NOW I will apologize for chain pulling and straighten up and fly right.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote:  NFL has been put into it's proper perspective, for me.  I enjoy the journey, don't get too up and definitely don't 'worry' whatsoever regardless of what happens.

Seriously?

You are not even watching the games over a simple pregame protest.

You are the biggest over-reacting drama queen on these boards.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

Cool  FREDDY!  As intelligent as you seem, I never pegged you as a 'faced painter' OR one that couldn't 'read between the lines'!!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Seriously?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I haven't doubled down on anything.

I'm just not afraid to say, after 26 years, it's hope for the best, but expect the worst.

AND ..... there's more to life than NFL football.

Hmmmmm, more to life than NFL football

And you like to pull the chains of the weak and uninformed.

So you're a self righteous crusader out to keep us weaklings - informed. Thanks we really appreciate that you have something to do other than NFL football, while posting on an NFL football site.

Makes perfect sense, well kinda
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hmmmmm, more to life than NFL football

And you like to pull the chains of the weak and uninformed.

So you're a self righteous crusader out to keep us weaklings - informed. Thanks we really appreciate that you have something to do other than NFL football, while posting on an NFL football site.

Makes perfect sense, well kinda

Nice try. Not going back.  Done misbehaving!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Wink   Not watching games and the team is 6-2 this year with preseason.  Killing two birds with one stone is always nice!  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nice try. Not going back.  Done misbehaving!

I can dig it  :andy:

Look we've all been down the road to which you've spoken, dozens of times ourselves. The average age on here is probably what 40 ? perhaps more ? I know there's several posters on here right around my age (54).

This isn't our first rodeo scooter
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can dig it  :andy:

Look we've all been down the road to which you've spoken, dozens of times ourselves. The average age on here is probably what 40 ? perhaps more ? I know there's several posters on here right around my age (54).

65 in 2 days BF74.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:34 PM)McC Wrote: I'm just a little confused as to what your end game might be. 

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 04:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 65 in 2 days BF74.  Wink

So you're 65+.......got it
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I can dig it  :andy:

I'm 42 plus..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote