Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals make call on the kicker : Bullock
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/02/cincinnati-bengals-make-call-kicker-randy-bulloc/626018001/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with the Bengals releasing Jake Elliot. A lot of folks are upset, but I really don't understand why. Elliot hit 57% in preseason games, and was iffy in practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with the Bengals releasing Jake Elliot.  A lot of folks are upset, but I really don't understand why.  Elliot hit 57% in preseason games, and was iffy in practice.

5th round draft pick. Young guy drafted by the Bengals, not some other team. That's really it. He was terrible.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The right choice between to meh choices.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with the Bengals releasing Jake Elliot.  A lot of folks are upset, but I really don't understand why.  Elliot hit 57% in preseason games, and was iffy in practice.

Bullock wasn't good enough to quell the massive optimism fanbases place upon guys with empty resumes.  We do this with a kicker in the pre-season, buy week 4 or so half the NFL teams will have fans demanding their starting QB is benched so they can see what they have in their 7th round rookie QBs.

Fear of missing out leads many people to make many unwise decisions in life that go beyond the football field.
Reply/Quote
Between the two it was the right choice, but I didn't think Mike Brown had it in him to make the right choice between the two. So good on him for that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
A few other kickers already released. Graham Gano, and, would you believe it, NOOOOOGE! Is there any chance our kicker is not currently on our team?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Between the two it was the right choice, but I didn't think Mike Brown had it in him to make the right choice between the two. So good on him for that.

Pretty much. I'm actually shocked the team had the nads to cut the fifth round rookie
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:00 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: A few other kickers already released.  Graham , and, would you believe it, NOOOOOGE!  Is there any chance our kicker is not currently on our team?

Gano was straight up released? Whoa... I hope we're on the phone with his agent right now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:00 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: A few other kickers already released. Graham Gano, and, would you believe it, NOOOOOGE! Is there any chance our kicker is not currently on our team?

I'd take the FSU alum in a heartbeat. He can be Hubers backup too. Vary accomplished college punter, dual threat.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals chose the win now option.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The Bengals chose the win now option.

The fact that a scrap heap kicker us the win now option just shows how bad the situation is. Oof
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that a scrap heap kicker us the win now option just shows how bad the situation is. Oof

The kicker situation seems pretty bad league-wide.
Reply/Quote
I have concerns about his clutch kicking ability but I can't deny he won the competition. I wish Jake Elliott good luck (and I'm still wondering why we didn't take Zane Gonzalez) and I hope really Randy can grow as a kicker and deal with pressure situations better.

Reply/Quote
As i said in the cut thread, i was a bit surprised by this but it probably was the right call.

Bullock won the competition. Hope they can put Elliott on the PS. He has a big leg and talent.

Just needs to work on his accuracy.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 12:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 5th round draft pick. Young guy drafted by the Bengals, not some other team. That's really it. He was terrible.

Yep. A bunch of people shook their heads when they drafted him over Gonzalez who was the top kicking prospect in college football. The Bengals were apparently too smart for their own good on this.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As i said in the cut thread, i was a bit surprised by this but it probably was the right call.

Bullock won the competition. Hope they can put Elliott on the PS. He has a big leg and talent.

Just needs to work on his accuracy.

The only thing that made it surprising was that he was a 5th Round pick.

He didn't perform in camp plain and simple. It isn't like Bullock came in and kicked lights out.

What a wasted draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Thank god. Where are all the Elliott supporters now
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 02:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Thank god.  Where are all the Elliott supporters now

Oh there are quite a few people who wish he was kept over Bullock. I suspect we'll hear from them.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2017, 01:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The Bengals chose the win now option.

By letting All-Pro Whitworth leave so they can start Ogbuehi?

[Image: frabz-CHILD-PLEASE-820050.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote