Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BW Webb-cut
(03-18-2020, 11:39 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Gotta cut ties with Dre (the milkman) K. Dude is quickly becoming a liability instead of an asset. He's a broken drama king.

Agree

I wanna see the Bengals get better and I don't think Dre helps in that endeavor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:47 AM)jason Wrote: I like Phillips too, but how many snaps has he played?

I think we've fallen in love with a couple interceptions.

4 int's.  In parts of 8 games.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we're going to hear any minute AD traded to ___________ for a 4th round pick, can I hear a 3rd ?

I'm pretty sure I could get past Dre on a sweep outside.

I would love a 3rd round pick for Dalton. I wonder if they may be able to do a pick swap. Maybe a 5th rounder for a 2nd? Our 5th rounder is essentially a 4th round pick, after all, so it's a decent exchange (would be moving up ~50 to 57 slots)
Reply/Quote
Addition by subtraction. Webb was pretty bad last year, cast or not. Good luck to him.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said yesterday, doesn't mean Dre is gone.

Doesn't mean he isn't, but doesn't mean he's gone; Webb leaving adds a bit of oomph to that notion.

(03-18-2020, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

I think it depends on what happens in the draft.

Issue with Dre is both WJ3 and Waynes are outside corners. You're not gonna move either of these guys to the slot and Dre's tackling issues and lack of short area quickness would be compounded inside. 

I just don't think they are gonna pay corner #4 11mil.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:15 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think this means anything for Dre as Webb was a slot corner, this actually makes me think we are still looking for a slot corner in free agency. I also don't think it precludes us from bringing him back eventually if we don't sign a better option.

Logan Ryan is still out there. Would love to bring him in. What are the chances we can still afford him? Webb saves us a little.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said yesterday, doesn't mean Dre is gone.

Doesn't mean he isn't, but doesn't mean he's gone; Webb leaving adds a bit of oomph to that notion.

Dre can be cut after 4PM with a Jun 1st designation which would spread his dead money over 2 years instead of one.  Better for our cap needs this year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:08 PM)pally Wrote: Dre can be cut after 4PM with a Jun 1st designation which would spread his dead money over 2 years instead of one.  Better for our cap needs this year

We need to see Dre cut and Andy traded today. Clear cap space for another FA signing (or 2?). 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

I agree.
IF we don't like any offers we get for Dre, then let him play it out. We have the cap space until it becomes a problem (by signing another high pay FA). If we get rid of him, then it makes the CB position a higher need in THIS year's draft! So if anything, keeping him makes it more of a next year problem, which we should be able to address then, by either keeping WJIII.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: MB has been accused accurately of being too loyal honoring  contracts. I am glad to see he is still being loyal to those who have performed well, but guys like Glenn and Webb did not and were cut.

Nice job FO thus far in 2020 off season.

Good that they're cutting bad players, but you have to remember that this FO was still the FO who signed all these bad players to bad contracts. Miller, Webb, Brown... oof.  Not counting the bad contracts to Uzomah and Bernard last offseason, too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:44 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: We need to see Dre cut and Andy traded today. Clear cap space for another FA signing (or 2?). 

Well, the Dre cut could be made independent of any other team but there aren't many one team trades.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 10:48 AM)pally Wrote: A cap move.  Webb, spent most of last season playing with a cast on a broken arm.  He missed out on at least 2 interceptions because of it.  A possible re-signing with a new contract down the road

Another nice move. Well done. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: Well, the Dre cut could be made independent of any other team but there aren't many one team trades.

If we aren't going to get anything in trade for Andy, we could cut him to free up space and sign one of the remaining guards in FA. It would sort of amount to a trade. I still have hope that we'll learn of a trade with the Patriots or Chargers later today. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:44 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: If we aren't going to get anything in trade for Andy, we could cut him to free up space and sign one of the remaining guards in FA. It would sort of amount to a trade. I still have hope that we'll learn of a trade with the Patriots or Chargers later today. 

I keep hearing the Chargers are gonna roll with Tyrod Taylor...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:44 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: If we aren't going to get anything in trade for Andy, we could cut him to free up space and sign one of the remaining guards in FA. It would sort of amount to a trade. I still have hope that we'll learn of a trade with the Patriots or Chargers later today. 

They kinda have to hold onto him until at least the draft and possibly even through training camp.

In the draft, maybe a Dalton trade gets you back into a higher round or gets you a player at a position of need.

And then in TC, maybe a team has their QB go down. 

The big hope is that he can be traded now, of course.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: I keep hearing the Chargers are gonna roll with Tyrod Taylor...

Yeah, and they also just gave $17 million to Linvall Joseph, the DT from the Vikings. So, we're pretty much down to the Patriots. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:49 PM)McC Wrote: They kinda have to hold onto him until at least the draft and possibly even through training camp.

In the draft, maybe a Dalton trade gets you back into a higher round or gets you a player at a position of need.

And then in TC, maybe a team has their QB go down. 

The big hope is that he can be traded now, of course.

Fingers crossed. Too bad the Bears deal fell through. Obvisouly, the Jags were willing to take a 4th of Foles. We wanted more for Andy than that 4th. Good call if we can do better. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:59 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah, and they also just gave $17 million to Linvall Joseph, the DT from the Vikings. So, we're pretty much down to the Patriots. 

When the hell did you go and change your name?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:02 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Fingers crossed. Too bad the Bears deal fell through. Obvisouly, the Jags were willing to take a 4th of Foles. We wanted more for Andy than that 4th. Good call if we can do better. 

It was a 4th round comp pick too pick 140.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:02 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Fingers crossed. Too bad the Bears deal fell through. Obvisouly, the Jags were willing to take a 4th of Foles. We wanted more for Andy than that 4th. Good call if we can do better. 

It was a 4th round comp pick too pick 140.

Reply/Quote