Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BW Webb-cut
(03-18-2020, 02:47 PM)jason Wrote: I keep hearing the Chargers are gonna roll with Tyrod Taylor...

Another team making this epic mistake.  How many teams will have to learn the hard way that Tyrod is not an NFL starting caliber QB?  The Bolts will draft a QB and sit him for the four or five games it takes to get sick of Tyrod.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Take it with a big grain of salt, but Hobspin is talking about the Bengals possibly playing Phillips in the slot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: Take it with a big grain of salt, but Hobspin is talking about the Bengals possibly playing Phillips in the slot.

Not sure why that would be a surprise. He played well there last year.
What that likely means is Kirk will be gone, as there's no way the Bengals are gonna bench WJ3 and Trae Waynes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: Another team making this epic mistake.  How many teams will have to learn the hard way that Tyrod is not an NFL starting caliber QB?  The Bolts will draft a QB and sit him for the four or five games it takes to get sick of Tyrod.

Is he really that much worse than Dalton though?
He has a career 61.6% completion percentage, which is only 0.4% less than Dalton.
He put up consistent 3200+ combined yards (pass+rush), 18+ TDs, and no more than 6 INTs a year while in BUF.
His career QB rating is actually higher than Dalton's (89.8 vs 87.5).

I don't think he's quite as good as Dalton, but I don't think it's that big of a difference either. I think they have different styles and therefore fit better or worse based on the type of offense being run. Dalton may fit well with the Chargers given the big receivers but I dunno if it's worth more than double what Tyrod is set to make this year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:07 PM)McC Wrote: Another team making this epic mistake.  How many teams will have to learn the hard way that Tyrod is not an NFL starting caliber QB?  The Bolts will draft a QB and sit him for the four or five games it takes to get sick of Tyrod.

Maybe they ride it out for Trevor Lawrence....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:51 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe they ride it out for Trevor Lawrence....

I don't think that's the dynamics of their team.  They are built to win now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:05 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think that's the dynamics of their team.  They are built to win now.

Might help put asses in seats... LA responds to star power. The Rams at least had a history of being there.... I guess the Chargers did in a different league, but they seem to be the Clippers to the Rams' Lakers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is he really that much worse than Dalton though?

Yes.

Over the three seasons he started for the Bills they ranked #1 in rushing yards, tds, and average per carry.   Taylor had a 92.5 passer rating, but only 51 td passes in 44 starts (18 per 16 game season).

Over the other 5 seasons he has played without a #1 rushing game he has a 63.1 passer rating.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is he really that much worse than Dalton though?
He has a career 61.6% completion percentage, which is only 0.4% less than Dalton.
He put up consistent 3200+ combined yards (pass+rush), 18+ TDs, and no more than 6 INTs a year while in BUF.

I don't think he's quite as good as Dalton, but I don't think it's that big of a difference either. I think they have different styles and therefore fit better or worse based on the type of offense being run. Dalton may fit well with the Chargers given the big receivers but I dunno if it's worth more than double what Tyrod is set to make this year.

Why does everybody who uses him as their starting QB moves on the first second they can?  He may not be a bum but he is bum-ish.  He may not turn it over and he may have seemingly decent numbers but he never passes the eye test and he will never take you anywhere.

He was in the playoffs one year with Buffalo but that was about the defense and the running game and the playoff game he played against Jax was absolutely winnable but he pooed the bed. 

The Chargers won't trade for Dalton.  They also will not stay with Tyrod for a whole season.  History says that is a virtual guarantee.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:07 PM)jason Wrote: Might help put asses in seats... LA responds to star power. The Rams at least had a history of being there.... I guess the Chargers did in a different league, but they seem to be the Clippers to the Rams' Lakers.

I'd say they'd have to ride it out and somehow acquire a buttload of draft capital to move up for him.  Chances are Lawrence and Fields go some order of first and second.  Seems to me the Bolts could accidentally win seven games this year, even with Tyrod.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:10 PM)McC Wrote: Why does everybody who uses him as their starting QB moves on the first second they can?  He may not be a bum but he is bum-ish.  He may not turn it over and he may have seemingly decent numbers but he never passes the eye test and he will never take you anywhere.

He was in the playoffs one year with Buffalo but that was about the defense and the running game and the playoff game he played against Jax was absolutely winnable but he pooed the bed. 

The Chargers won't trade for Dalton.  They also will not stay with Tyrod for a whole season.  History says that is a virtual guarantee.

He's not a top-tier QB or drafted in the 1st round. There's obvious room for improvement.
The only other places he's been after BUF were CLE and LAC.
He got hurt in CLE, which allowed Baker to debut. The Browns were then having success with Baker (who they just drafted 1st overall), so they wanted to keep rolling with him.
With the Chargers, he had to compete with future HOF Philip Rivers. While Rivers isn't in his prime anymore, he still threw for 66% completion for 4600 yards, which is better than Tyrod (and Dalton) would have done.

Look, I don't think he's going to go win a championship or anything, but if my options are Dalton at nearly $18 mill and Tyrod Taylor at $7.5 mill, I'd for sure go Taylor at that price. Neither is winning anything without elite talent around them, so may as well go with the one who is half the cost.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping we're going to hear any minute AD traded to ___________ for a 4th round pick, can I hear a 3rd ?

I'm pretty sure I could get past Dre on a sweep outside.

If we can get A 3rd or 4th rounder for him, I'd be ecstatic! Offseason so far has been great.. A Dalton trade would really set us up for the immediate future...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:51 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe they ride it out for Trevor Lawrence....

I see them going with Herbert. Or they could shock everyone and trade up in front of Miami and take Tua.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

WTF? Who are you man?

Seriously wondering. Dalton is the best QB the Bengals have ever had according to the numbers and you are saying he is worse
than Tyrod Taylor or even saying Tyrod is not much worse? I don't find Tyrod to be a decent starter, he is a clear back up and 
Andy has had a bad OL since 2015. I think we have to be somewhat fair to Andy here?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 03:03 PM)jason Wrote: When the hell did you go and change your name?

LOL. I guess it was about a month ago. Sort of outgrew the old one. Plus, Eminem sort of turned into a douchebag.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 08:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I see them going with Herbert. Or they could shock everyone and trade up in front of Miami and take Tua.

It is the pre-draft period where you can't believe what anyone says, but I have heard more than once that Miami might be scared off of Tua and they might not be the only ones.  Not because of the hip but because of the cumulative history of injury.  He never played a full season.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:40 AM)McC Wrote: It is the pre-draft period where you can' believe what anyone says, but I have heard more than once that Miami might be scared off of Tua and they might not be the only ones.  Not because of the hip but because of the cumulative history of injury.  He never played a full season.

Could easily be Miami's way of trying to dissuade other teams from trading in front of them. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:45 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Could easily be Miami's way of trying to dissuade other teams from trading in front of them. 

Absolutely could be.  But it is concerning.  The history of guys being hurt a lot in college is not good when they get to the league. 

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:51 AM)McC Wrote: Absolutely could be.  But it is concerning.  The history of guys being hurt a lot in college is not good when they get to the league. 

Very true, but most coaches are convinced that they'll be the one who takes the guy that will work out. 

Although, I'm rooting for chaos in the draft and someone leaps in front of Miami for Tua. Then you get all the PR spin of teams acting like they got the player they wanted all along.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Very true, but most coaches are convinced that they'll be the one who takes the guy that will work out. 

Although, I'm rooting for chaos in the draft and someone leaps in front of Miami for Tua. Then you get all the PR spin of teams acting like they got the player they wanted all along.

It's not like teams don't do crazy things just for a shot at a franchise QB.

Reply/Quote