Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
You can grab a QB you think may be a franchise player (God what a dumb term) but be prepared to redshirt them their rookie season while you build an OL that won't land the QB on IR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 07:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: You can grab a QB you think may be a franchise player (God what a dumb term) but be prepared to redshirt them their rookie season while you build an OL that won't land the QB on IR.

When will this stupid shit ever end? Is Dalton on IR? Is Finley? Just stop.

Reply/Quote
AJ prob said he will only go out there if Andy is out there. Going out together or nothin!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When will this stupid shit ever end? Is Dalton on IR? Is Finley? Just stop.

[Image: 1219693108.jpg]

A few weeks later, elbow busted, on IR. Not every QB can handle the beating, nor should we ask a QB to take a beating. Of course, we can draft a QB and fix the line. That is possible.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:49 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Finley sure didn't fool them. It was worth a shot, hater.

I'm not a hater , I just don't agree with your way of thinking. That is allowed here isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 07:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When will this stupid shit ever end? Is Dalton on IR? Is Finley? Just stop.
The stupid **** is you ranting at anyone you don't agree with. Like it or not we've already had QB injuries from bad OL play (last year for example). Also putting a rookie out there behind a bad OL is just a recipe to get them shell shocked and out of sync too. I don't necessarily oppose taking a QB #1 but just want the investment properly protected. Fix the OL be it with free agents or draftees and assume you are redshirting the QB while the line gets its act together. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: The stupid **** is you ranting at anyone you don't agree with. Like it or not we've already had QB injuries from bad OL play (last year for example). Also putting a rookie out there behind a bad OL is just a recipe to get them shell shocked and out of sync too. I don't necessarily oppose taking a QB #1 but just want the investment properly protected. Fix the OL be it with free agents or draftees and assume you are redshirting the QB while the line gets its act together. 

Drafting to fix the line is the lower cost, but riskier way to fix it. We need to just go out and sign a Tackle like Conklin and a Guard like Scherff...and call it fixed.

I don't know if people on the board have noticed or not, but most of our draft picks barely contribute on special teams year 1. We need to go the free agent route.

By the time draft picks develop...Geno, AJ, and Dunlap will need replaced. It's like chasing a carrot on a treadmill.

Draft Burrow. Sign Conklin. Scherff. Hunter Henry at TE.

Our offense would be insane!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drafting to fix the line is the lower cost, but riskier way to fix it. We need to just go out and sign a Tackle like Conklin and a Guard like Scherff...and call it fixed.

I don't know if people on the board have noticed or not, but most of our draft picks barely contribute on special teams year 1. We need to go the free agent route.

By the time draft picks develop...Geno, AJ, and Dunlap will need replaced. It's like chasing a carrot on a treadmill.

This I would be more than happy with. Just please don't stick a guy back there without fixing this poo stain of a line.
Reply/Quote
How Zac made the decision on Finley:

[Image: magic-8-ball-2.jpg?itok=RUGFMxfR]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Like it or not we've already had QB injuries from bad OL play (last year for example) 

Not saying they were better but we had a different line last year. We can only hope Mike Brown realizes guys like Hart Jerry etc are not on teams for a reason. I guess the only one who could start for another team is Hopkins. With Williams coming back we will need at least two more FAs or draft picks to turn this around. The first days of free agency will tell the tale on the 2020 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
[Image: wildtd.gif]

Ah the days of a real coaching and players who could execute a play.

[Image: th?id=OIP.PXSOlahA69hgkK58O_Zl1QHaE8&pid...=289&h=193]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 08:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 1219693108.jpg]

A few weeks later, elbow busted, on IR. Not every QB can handle the beating, nor should we ask a QB to take a beating. Of course, we can draft a QB and fix the line. That is possible.

Right, but what you don’t do is wait to take the QB when you have the top pick. The OL might never be truly “fixed.” We’ve seen OL play is down al over the league. It’s not just us.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Drafting to fix the line is the lower cost, but riskier way to fix it. We need to just go out and sign a Tackle like Conklin and a Guard like Scherff...and call it fixed.

Not a bad plan. Now if only they would actually carry it out....
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:41 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Not saying they were better but we had a different line last year. We can only hope Mike Brown realizes guys like Hart Jerry etc are not on teams for a reason. I guess the only one who could start for another team is Hopkins. With Williams coming back we will need at least two more FAs or draft picks to turn this around. The first days of free agency will tell the tale on the 2020 Bengals.

Hart was terrible last year. They re-signed him. He's been terrible this year.

Now, the coaches may have thought they could coach him up. Remember the stories about how the coaches talked to Hart's college coach, etc? They obviously researched him and liked him.

Maybe they are naieve.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hart was terrible last year. They re-signed him. He's been terrible this year.

Now, the coaches may have thought they could coach him up. Remember the stories about how the coaches talked to Hart's college coach, etc? They obviously researched him and liked him.

Maybe they are naieve.

I think every offensive coach the Bengals have is terrible. The entire offense is being coached down, not up. Teams with less talent run rings around us.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: The stupid **** is you ranting at anyone you don't agree with. Like it or not we've already had QB injuries from bad OL play (last year for example). Also putting a rookie out there behind a bad OL is just a recipe to get them shell shocked and out of sync too. I don't necessarily oppose taking a QB #1 but just want the investment properly protected. Fix the OL be it with free agents or draftees and assume you are redshirting the QB while the line gets its act together. 

Carson was also hurt from from a missed block....but that was a great OLine. Just my opinion, you go QB. We will never fix the o-line with FA, or LB with FA. We won’t spend, we will draft like we always do. Only one position has a shot to fix an NFL team with horrible management.

Colts also sucked until Manning....Then Lucked out with Luck. QB is a game changer like no other position. Even if OSU’s Lineman is the next Watt.....how many SB’s does he have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:56 AM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Carson was also hurt from from a missed block....but that was a great OLine. Just my opinion, you go QB. We will never fix the online with FA, or LB with FA. We won’t spend, we will draft like we always do. Only one position has a shot to fix an NFL team with horrible management.

Colts also sucked until Manning....Then Lucked out with Luck. QB is a game changer like no other position. Even if OSU’s Lineman is the next Watt.....how many SB’s does he have?

Well said.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think every offensive coach the Bengals have is terrible.  The entire offense is being coached down, not up.  Teams with less talent run rings around us.

Missing Green, Glenn Boling, and Williams put a monkey wrench in the teams plan. That's the same percentage of starters on offense that the Steelers were missing last Sunday.
Reply/Quote
[Image: leather-bound-memes-from-week-12-in-the-...600&zoom=2]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 12:56 AM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Carson was also hurt from from a missed block....but that was a great OLine.  Just my opinion, you go QB.  We will never fix the online with FA, or LB with FA.  We won’t spend, we will draft like we always do.  Only one position has a shot to fix an NFL team with horrible management.

Colts also sucked until Manning....Then Lucked out with Luck.  QB is a game changer like no other position.  Even if OSU’s Lineman is the next Watt.....how many SB’s does he have?

My memory is a little faded....but wasn't that around the time the oline started to crumble due to age and injuries? Seems it was around that time when guys like Dennis Roland were playing quite a bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote