Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to back Heisman Trophy Winners
Has any team ever drafted back to back Heisman Trophy winners.

As you know Cincinnati already has the 2020 Heisman winner in Joe Burrow could they draft the 2021 Heisman winner Devontae Smith to accomplish this feat?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:06 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Has any team ever drafted back to back Heisman Trophy winners.

As you know Cincinnati already has the 2020 Heisman winner in Joe Burrow could they draft the 2021 Heisman winner Devontae Smith to accomplish this feat?

They could but they shouldn’t. The Cincinnati Bengals have bigger fish to fry than bringing in another wide receiver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really like all 3 of the top wrs in this draft. I'm just hoping miami loves them too so we can luck into penei somehow. That said I don't think penei will last until 5 so I'd take one of the wrs or pitts or parsons. I don't think there are any pass rushers or any other olineman worth a top 10 pick this year. Gotta get en elite guy at whatever position when drafting this high.
Reply/Quote
I would like to know what is more valuable to the Bengals if Peneii is gone.

Next best Lineman even though this position is supposedly deep
Next best Non QB athlete
Micah Parsons LB
Patrick Surtain CB
Wide Receivers even though this position is supposedly deep.
Reply/Quote
Miami will give Tua Smith
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Miami will give Tua Smith

Agree, the wild card in front of us is the Jets. Who the hell knows what they'll do ?
Reply/Quote
Smith is a stud, but if we want a WR it would be crazy not to reunite Chase and Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Smith is a stud, but if we want a WR it would be crazy not to reunite Chase and Burrow.

If Sewell is gone and he's there I'm gonna have fingers crossed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If Sewell is gone and he's there I'm gonna have fingers crossed. 

Same. I keep going back and forth between Chase and Pitts for my second choice after Sewell. Today I’m back on Chase. Lol

Seeing what Justin Jefferson did as a rookie it’s just too tempting for me when we can get the guy who was even better during their epic run.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, the wild card in front of us is the Jets. Who the hell knows what they'll do ?

I was thinking the Jets take Smith. The Heisman & flashy guy to sell tickets and get fans excited.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, the wild card in front of us is the Jets. Who the hell knows what they'll do ?

It was leaked/reported that the Jets plan on doing some kind "blockbuster" move with the #2 pick. To me, it either means they're trading Darnold and giving the new coach his own QB, or they're going to keep Darnold and trade back. I believe Carolina would like to get their hands on one of those QBs with Detroit and Denver being dark horses in the QB market.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:31 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I was thinking the Jets take Smith. The Heisman & flashy guy to sell tickets and get fans excited.

New coach usually means new QB.

If you got the Jets job and had to turn it around there, would you trust Darnold? 

I think 3 QBs go before the Bengals pick, not saying it will be the Jets and Falcons picking them, they may trade out to a team that is chasing a franchise QB. The more I look at the teams and possibilities, I really believe Sewell will be there. As much as Burrow would probably like to be reunited with Chase, I'm sure he'd prefer Sewell keeping him upright.

Another thought is this.

If you are Taylor and this is your last year, make it or break it, do you gamble next year's draft pick to get another first this year? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:49 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It was leaked/reported that the Jets plan on doing some kind "blockbuster" move with the #2 pick. To me, it either means they're trading Darnold and giving the new coach his own QB, or they're going to keep Darnold and trade back. I believe Carolina would like to get their hands on one of those QBs with Detroit and Denver being dark horses in the QB market.

I'm thinking it's gotta be trading back, or stirring the pot trying to do so. I mean, I can't see darnold as some kind of pick haul.

Personally I think the rumors are just from the jets front office hoping somebody offers them a haul. Which I don't see happening this draft. There's some solid players but nothing that's worth some megahaul for the second overall.
Reply/Quote
Unless Fields totally shits the bed against Alabama I’ll be pretty surprised if they don’t take him.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:55 AM)Benton Wrote: I'm thinking it's gotta be trading back, or stirring the pot trying to do so. I mean, I can't see darnold as some kind of pick haul.

Personally I think the rumors are just from the jets front office hoping somebody offers them a haul. Which I don't see happening this draft. There's some solid players but nothing that's worth some megahaul for the second overall.

I honestly believe they're moving on from Darnold. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I honestly believe they're moving on from Darnold. 

Lots of chatter out there that the steelers will make a move to get Darnold as piggy replacement long-term.

While one part of me loves this idea, there is this fear that somehow that shit-ass team will turn his career around and he'll play like a first rounder that they spend a 3rd to get.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:16 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Lots of chatter out there that the steelers will make a move to get Darnold as piggy replacement long-term.

While one part of me loves this idea, there is this fear that somehow that shit-ass team will turn his career around and he'll play like a first rounder that they spend a 3rd to get.

Ugh, our luck would be them correcting his issues and him being the newest Bengal killer.

I'd rather the rumors of Darnold and Indy come to fruition. It seems like the perfect fit, unless Reich pursues Wentz.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I honestly believe they're moving on from Darnold. 

Could be. But after the projected 1oa, the qb curve drops a lot. Of they're smart, they'll trade back.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:41 AM)Benton Wrote: Could be. But after the projected 1oa, the qb curve drops a lot. If they're smart, they'll trade back.

Probably both.
Trade Darnold to the Steelers and then still trade back. Pile up those picks. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:00 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Wide Receivers even though this position is supposedly deep.

People keep saying we don't need a WR because the position is the deepest on the team. But is it? What happens if Boyd or Higgins either one gets hurt? The majority think Tate is slow, Erickson is a bum, Thomas sucks, AJ is done (if he's even here). I mean, we were trotting out some blonde practice squad guy there at the end. I think a fast wide receiver is definitely a need. Maybe not the most glaring, but it is a need and if Chase is there and Sewell is not, I think we should take him. 
Reply/Quote