Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(08-15-2018, 05:41 PM)GMDino Wrote:
Quote:“If three police officers couldn’t handle an 87-year-old woman, you might want to reconsider hanging up your badge,” said Solomon Douhne, the woman’s great-nephew.

He's right. They should've tackled her instead of tasing her.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
https://www.wtae.com/article/chief-use-of-force-policy-violated-when-11-year-old-was-shocked-with-taser/22995473

Quote:Cop who Tased 11-year-old: ‘This is why there's no grocery stores in the black community’

Play Video

SHOW TRANSCRIPT

CINCINNATI —
Shocking an 11-year-old girl with a Taser violated Cincinnati police policy, according to an internal police review.
Cincinnati police Officer Kevin Brown was working an off-duty security job at the Kroger in Spring Grove Village when he stopped 11-year-old Donesha Gowdy and some friends outside the store.

It happened Aug. 6 outside of the store on Kennard Avenue.

Police said Brown shocked the 11-year-old girl, saying she resisted arrest and tried to run away.

Files of the review of the incident said that the officer never warned the girl before deploying the Taser.

"You know what, sweetheart, this is why there's no grocery stores in the black community, because of all this going on," Brown told the young girl on the body-worn camera video.

"The last thing I want to do, sweetheart, is Tase you like that," Brown said. "When I say stop, you stop. You know you('re) caught, just stop. That hurt my heart to do that to you. Then I got to listen to all these idiots out here in the parking lot telling me how I was wrong for Tasing you. You broke the law and fled as I tired to apprehend you."

A review of the incident found that Brown violated policy, adding that he deployed his Taser without warning and expressed prejudice concerning race.

"Quite frankly, I believe the officer violated our policy. I believe the use of force was unnecessary in this particular circumstance," Police Chief Elliott Isaac said.

During an interview with WLWT, Gowdy admitted she had been shoplifting when she got caught in August. Gowdy said she started to walk away from the officer and felt the barbs of the Taser hit her in the back.

"There will be a predisciplinary hearing," Isaac said.

Cincinnati police policy allows someone between the ages of 7 and 70 to be shocked with a Taser under certain circumstances.
Isaac said the department is looking at making some adjustments to the policy to get away from exact ages.

"A lot of places have moved to, instead of specifying age specifically, that they talk about small children. Considering the stature and size of the individual you're using force against," Isaac said.

In response to the internal review findings, Fraternal Order of Police president Sgt. Dan Hils released a statement.

“The chief of police made up his mind before any investigation, before he knew the facts. He heard the age of the juvenile suspect and made a judgement call. Once he made up his mind, he wasn’t going to change his mind.”

Yes she was guilty of shoplifting.  Thanks.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-05-2018, 01:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.wtae.com/article/chief-use-of-force-policy-violated-when-11-year-old-was-shocked-with-taser/22995473

Yes she was guilty of shoplifting.  Thanks.

Betcha she won't every shoplift again.  Smirk
(09-11-2018, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Betcha she won't every shoplift again.  Smirk

Bet he'll still be an overly aggressive cop again though....   Sad
(09-11-2018, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Betcha she won't every shoplift again.  Smirk

You have no way of knowing.  Corporal punishment has not been proven to end misbehavior.

The only thing we know for sure is that she is now convinced that Police are racist.  Crime rate is not the reason there are no grocery stores in the "black community".  Anyone not blinded by racism would see that there are not many grocery stores in any low income areas even the ones that are mostly *gasp* WHITE.

But go ahead and keep smirking over an 11 year old being tazed by a racists cop.
(09-11-2018, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no way of knowing.  Corporal punishment has not been proven to end misbehavior.

The only thing we know for sure is that she is now convinced that Police are racist.  Crime rate is not the reason there are no grocery stores in the "black community".  Anyone not blinded by racism would see that there are not many grocery stores in any low income areas even the ones that are mostly *gasp* WHITE.

But go ahead and keep smirking over an 11 year old being tazed by a racists cop.

So you're saying there is no White Privilege. It is economic.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-11-2018, 05:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you saying there is no White Privilege. /drop mic

No.  Not at all.  Blacks make up a grossly disproportionate percentage of people living in low income areas.

But leave it to Bfine to try and claim a racists cop proves there is no white privilege.  His mental gymnastics are amazing.
(09-11-2018, 05:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Not at all.  Blacks make up a grossly disproportionate percentage of people living in low income areas.

But leave it to Bfine to try and claim a racists cop proves there is no white privilege.  His mental gymnastics are amazing.

Hell, I only used your post to prove it; I mentioned nothing about a racist cop. Damn me and my mental gymnastics.

(09-11-2018, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, I only used your post to prove it; I mentioned nothing about a racist cop. Damn me and my mental gymnastics.

You quoted me talking about a racist cop to try and prove there is no white privilege.

And you failed.
(09-11-2018, 05:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You quoted me talking about a racist cop to try and prove there is no white privilege.

And you failed.

Actually, you post illustrates the privilege is more based on economic status than color of skin. Just seemed an ironic post from someone who is always squealing about White Privilege.

I'm sure you see the irony as well, but keep telling yourself and everyone else I failed. Hell you might eventually buy it.

(09-11-2018, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually, you post illustrates the privilege is more based on economic status than color of skin.

My post proves that the cop in question was racist.  He did not talk about "poor neighborhoods"  he talked about "black neighborhoods".

And you think this proves that there is no white privilege?

The existence of poor white people does not prove that white privilege does not exist when a grossly disproportionate number of poor people are black.  That is just one of the favorite "arguments" used by white supremacists.
(09-11-2018, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no way of knowing.  Corporal punishment has not been proven to end misbehavior.

Man, you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't get the concepts of smiley emoticons around here, do you?  Sad
(09-12-2018, 01:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Man, you reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't get the concepts of smiley emoticons around here, do you?  Sad

I know the difference between a ninja and a smirk.

Apparently you don't.
(09-12-2018, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the difference between a ninja and a smirk.

Apparently you don't.

That's right. I didn't realize a smirk denotes that everything said in a post is 100% serious and not facetious. Rolleyes

I forgot that you are the arbiter of the smileys on the board as well as the arbiter of other people's intentions. Rolleyes

Sarcasm (just making sure it's clear I'm being sarcastic)
(09-12-2018, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know the difference between a ninja and a smirk.

Apparently you don't.

I do too:

A ninja was a covert assassin in feudal Japan.

A Smirk is a little blue person that lives in a mushroom shaped houses in the forest,

(09-12-2018, 02:34 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's right. I didn't realize a smirk denotes that everything said in a post is 100% serious and not facetious. Rolleyes

I forgot that you are the arbiter of the smileys on the board as well as the arbiter of other people's intentions. Rolleyes

Sarcasm (just making sure it's clear I'm being sarcastic)

I'm just going to add that not everyone cares that the  Ninja means a joke.

Some people takes some things so seriously you can't  Ninja them.

Mellow

That said I do use the  Smirk to mean a joke sometimes too.
[Image: 41437864_2100010123583414_57363658968599...e=5C1FCB42]
(09-12-2018, 10:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 41437864_2100010123583414_57363658968599...e=5C1FCB42]

As horrible as this story is I don't consider it "police violence" because she was not acting in her official capacity.  

But I am not buying her story.  If she could see enough to hit her target then she could see enough to know it was not her apartment.   Plus police tell citizens that if they come home and their home or apartment is being burglarized they should not enter.  Instead they should leave and call the police.
(09-12-2018, 10:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As horrible as this story is I don't consider it "police violence" because she was not acting in her official capacity.  

But I am not buying her story.  If she could see enough to hit her target then she could see enough to know it was not her apartment.   Plus police tell citizens that if they come home and their home or apartment is being burglarized they should not enter.  Instead they should leave and call the police.

Another rare instance of my completely agreeing with Fred.
(09-12-2018, 10:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As horrible as this story is I don't consider it "police violence" because she was not acting in her official capacity.  

Just just got the kid gloves treatment that you or I would not have gotten.  Yes she has been charged now.  Guess we'll see if there is a trial and how that goes.

Her story is unbelievable.