Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-12-2020, 12:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do we think you and many on the left are pushing "This guy was shot just for jogging" because they want folks to think these guys didn't like joggers? 

Nothing loaded about the question.Hell. I'm not even sure what a loaded question means. Does it mean one folks cannot honestly answer? 

I give 2 shits what you're "sick and tired" of. 

Except for the fact I didn’t push that narrative. I specifically indicated they pursued him as a robbery suspect.

And with that, you have definitely revealed you don’t give a **** about the truth. As usual.

Carry on, Skip. You have a whole show to fill.
This is from the original article I posted:

Quote:Officers with the Glynn County Police Department have been called to the Satilla Shores neighborhood three times since October 2019 over reports of a trespasser on the construction site of a new home being built near the McMichaels' house, according to police reports obtained by ABC News. Police were also called on Jan. 1 by Travis McMichael because his firearm was allegedly stolen out of his truck.

The owner of the construction site told police on Feb. 11 that the same "unknown black male" had trespassed on his property repeatedly. That alleged suspect was described as a "lighter skinned black male" with a slender build who was between 5'10 and 6' and whose arms may have been covered in tattoos. Ahmaud Arbery was 6' with a darker skin complexion.

Three times in five months the owner alleged someone was trespassing.  The last time two weeks before the shooting.  The victim didn't meet the description of the suspect except for being about the same height and black.  And for that two "men" got in their truck and chased him down...twice...and then shot him and claimed self defense.

And someone wants to defend them by saying the victim *might* not have just been out for a jog.

Because someone can't accept that two white guys could kill a black guy for no reason other than suspicion of a crime.  As if that has never happened.  As if if it happened THIS time it would be wrong and therefore changes the case.

Two "men" playing cop killed a guy who was out for a run.  They knew no different.  He had no responsibility to stop and answer their questions.  He avoided them when they blocked the road. They shot and killed him.

They were white.  He was black.

It was Georgia.

The "defense" of this as just, what, a "misunderstanding" doesn't help at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Here is a story where it was just an off duty deputy and the system is at least pressing charges.

But let's not make it about "black vs white"...the mob had questions about someone!  Can we really "buy the narrative" that this family was in their own home"just playing video games" when the crowd on their front porch wanted to know about something?!?!  

Mellow 

https://www.mediaite.com/news/charges-filed-after-armed-all-white-mob-led-by-off-duty-deputy-terrorized-black-family-in-north-carolina/

Quote:Charges Filed After Armed All-White Mob Led By Off-Duty Deputy ‘Terrorized’ Black Family in North Carolina

An incident in which an armed all-white mob “terrorized” a black teenager and his family has resulted in criminal charges against the off-duty sheriff’s deputy who led the group, as well as one other man.

Last week, an attorney for the family of Dameon Shepard wrote a letter detailing an incident in which an all-white mob led by off-duty New Hanover County Sheriff’s deputy J.T. Kita “terrorized” the teenager and his family over a case of mistaken identity — and authority:

Quote:In a letter addressed to New Hanover and Pender County District Attorney Ben David, James Lea claims the armed group of people, all white, knocked on the door of the home of Monica Shepard late Sunday night. Shepard was asleep, but her son, Dameon, a high school senior, was awake and playing video games in the front of the home located in the Avendale community in Pender County. The Shepards are African-American.

When Dameon answered the door, Lea says the group demanded to know information about a young missing girl. The group was apparently looking for an individual named Josiah, who lived next door to the Shepards but left that neighborhood a month earlier.

Lea says Dameon identified himself by name several times, but the group continued to press for information that he did not have.

Among the people on the Shepard’s porch demanding answers was a person carrying an assault weapon and another with a shotgun, Lea wrote in the letter.

Also part of the group was an off-duty member of the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office. Lea says Deputy J.T. Kita, who works in the detention division, was in uniform and armed.

When Dameon attempted to shut the door after telling the group who he was, Lea says the New Hanover County deputy stuck his foot in the door and demanded to come inside.

When Ms. Shepard woke up and came to the door, the deputy also blocked her from closing the door as the group demanded to come inside. The attorney said that Pender County deputies who responded to the disturbance made no attempt to detain or identify members of the mob.

On Friday, however, District Attorney Ben David and Pender County Sheriff Alan Cutler held a press conference to announce criminal charges in the incident. David announced that Deputy Kita became former Deputy Kita on Friday, and is being charged with forcible trespass, breaking and entering, and willful failure to discharge duties, while another man, Austin Wood, is being charged with “going armed to the terror of the community.”

This incident occurred the same week that 64-year-old Gregory McMichael and his 34-year-old son, Travis McMichael, were arrested for murder and aggravated assault in the Feb. 23 killing of unarmed black jogger Ahmaud Arbery,  which many have described as a “lynching.”
Watch the press conference above via WECT.
(05-11-2020, 03:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for backing up my assertion; unfortunately, I clearly disputed yours even before you made it.

Rational person: Man, slavery was bad.  It was really an ugly chapter in our history.

Rest of People: Yeah man, that was shitty.

Bfine: Does anybody really think that the slave trade wasn't kinda the fault of Africans, too?

Rest of People:  Idk, but still shitty.  What about that shitty slave trade thing?

Bfine: I just owned you libz.  You got all mad cuz I found the truth!!!  

Rest of people:  Yeah, but not really the point of the original argument about the crappiness of the slave trade.

Bfine: I never said it wasn't crappy, I just asked you libz a question and you wouldn't answer.  I win!!!!

Everyone else: The Holocaust sucked too.

Bfine:  Don't you think maybe some of those Jews might have been criminals, too?

Everyone else: Not really central to the argument here.

Bfine: I own libz!
Here is the sad truth.

There is a large portion of the population who will say "sure racism still exists", but they don't believe any action is racist unles the perp is wearing a hood and sheet or else has a sign that say "I hate black people" in their yard.

The big problem from the black perspective is that you don't hear many stories of white kids getting chased down and shot to death just because a white person had been trespassing recently in a neighborhood. Arbery did not fit the description of the alleged trespasser. He just happened to be almost the same color. And he was not chased down to be lectured about not trespassing. He was chased by armed men who decided to kill him because they though he had a gun in his jogging shorts at some other time.

But since the white guys don't have any swastika tattoos on their faces or KKK painted on the side of their truck then some people say there couldn't possibly be any racial element to this crime.

Even if Arbery was the guy who was trespassing there was no evidence he was violent. There was no evidence that anyone in the community was in danger. There was NO REASON TO TRY AND HOLD HIM AT GUNPOINT.
(05-12-2020, 02:26 PM)samhain Wrote: Rational person: Man, slavery was bad.  It was really an ugly chapter in our history.

Rest of People: Yeah man, that was shitty.

Bfine: Does anybody really think that the slave trade wasn't kinda the fault of Africans, too?

Rest of People:  Idk, but still shitty.  What about that shitty slave trade thing?

Bfine: I just owned you libz.  You got all mad cuz I found the truth!!!  

Rest of people:  Yeah, but not really the point of the original argument about the crappiness of the slave trade.

Bfine: I never said it wasn't crappy, I just asked you libz a question and you wouldn't answer.  I win!!!!

Everyone else: The Holocaust sucked too.

Bfine:  Don't you think maybe some of those Jews might have been criminals, too?

Everyone else: Not really central to the argument here.

Bfine: I own libz!

That probably seemed way cooler in your head. 

IMO, the motivation for the shooting is very important, but others don't care or will assign their own motivation. I'm unsure how many different ways folks can try to twist my thinking motivation is important into being a racist, but keep trying. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-12-2020, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the sad truth.

There is a large portion of the population who will say "sure racism still exists", but they don't believe any action is racist unles the perp is wearing a hood and sheet or else has a sign that say "I hate black people" in their yard.

The big problem from the black perspective is that you don't hear many stories of white kids getting chased down and shot to death just because a white person had been trespassing recently in a neighborhood.  Arbery did not fit the description of the alleged trespasser.  He just happened to be almost the same color.  And he was not chased down to be lectured about not trespassing.  He was chased by armed men who decided to kill him because they though he had a gun in his jogging shorts at some other time.

But since the white guys don't have any swastika tattoos on their faces or KKK painted on the side of their truck then some people say there couldn't possibly be any racial element to this crime.

Even if Arbery was the guy who was trespassing there was no evidence he was violent.  There was no evidence that anyone in the community was in danger.  There was NO REASON TO TRY AND HOLD HIM AT GUNPOINT.

Here's an equally sad truth:

Folks will consider EVERY crime a white person commits against a black person to be because of race. 

(05-12-2020, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's an equally sad truth:

Folks will consider EVERY crime a white person commits against a black person to be because of race. 

Do you think this crime was racially motivated?

Yes or no.
(05-12-2020, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's an equally sad truth:

That is not true at all.

I look at each case on its individual merits.  Many times there is a clear reason why a white person commits a crime against a black person.  Theft, revenge, road rage, argument over a parking space, etc, etc.

But in this case it is hard to understand why shotguns and pistols were needed to address an allegation of trespassing.

If it makes you feel any better I would not say this reaches the level of a "hate crime".  The victim was no chosen based on his race.  I think the killers handled the situation differently than they would have with a white kid, but they were not just looking for a black guy to kill for no reason other than him being black.  While I think there is a clear racial element to the crime, this was not a terrorist act against all black people.
(05-12-2020, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is not true at all.

I look at each case on its individual merits.  Many times there is a clear reason why a white person commits a crime against a black person.  Theft, revenge, road rage, argument over a parking space, etc, etc.

But in this case it is hard to understand why shotguns and pistols were needed to address an allegation of trespassing.

If it makes you feel any better I would not say this reaches the level of a "hate crime".  The victim was no chosen based on his race.  I think the killers handled the situation differently than they would have with a white kid, but they were not just looking for a black guy to kill for no reason other than him being black.  While I think there is a clear racial element to the crime, this was not a terrorist act against all black people.
IDK, we had the one case where they were arguing over a handicapped parking space. Many said that was because of race; heck, you might have been one of them.

If he were killed for no other reason than jogging in their neighborhood then it absolutely should be treated as a hate crime. 

WTS, discussions of this tone are much better than name calling and false accusations. Hell, it might even be productive.

(05-12-2020, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, we had the one case where they were arguing over a handicapped parking space. Many said that was because of race; heck, you might have been one of them.

If he were killed for no other reason than jogging in their neighborhood then it absolutely should be treated as a hate crime. 

WTS, discussions of this tone are much better than name calling and false accusations. Hell, it might even be productive.

Do you think this crime was racially motivated?

Yes or no.
(05-12-2020, 07:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do you think this crime was racially motivated?

Yes or no.

No.

I think we had an ex-LEO that wanted to be a cowboy and brought his son with him. 

Crazy how I answer questions and don't consider them "loaded" or anything; yet others cannot answer questions I pose.

Do you think he was killed for being black? 

(05-12-2020, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No.

I think we had an ex-LEO that wanted to be a cowboy and brought his son with him. 

Crazy how I answer questions and don't consider them "loaded" or anything; yet others cannot answer questions I pose.

Do you think he was killed for being black? 

But in answering "no" you don't say WHY the "ex-leo" wanted to be a cowboy. That's what you want to spin away from.

Did you catch the news last night?

Cuomo had on the man who owned the new home that was "trespassed on".  He, with his lawyer also on, said he never shared that video with the shooters, doesn't know them (except meeting one of them briefly once), filed no police case about any thefts, and knows of no "series of robberies" in the area except one about a gun being stolen...that one was filed by the shooters.

So yes.  I think he was killed for being black because the shooters had no other information to go on.

Maybe future information will come out but until then this wasn't trespassing, this wasn't looking for a "suspect" in something that just happened, this was two white guys chasing down a black guy who *almost* fit the description of "someone" they say was wanted and who tried to avoid them but got shot a killed anyway.

Crazy how I can use facts and information to answer question and not just rumors and innuendos.
(05-13-2020, 08:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: But in answering "no" you don't say WHY the "ex-leo" wanted to be a cowboy.  That's what you want to spin away from.

Cuomo had on the man who owned the new home that was "trespassed on".  He, with his lawyer also on, said he never shared that video with the shooters, doesn't know them (except meeting one of them briefly once), filed no police case about any thefts, and knows of no "series of robberies" in the area except one about a gun being stolen...that one was filed by the shooters.

So yes.  I think he was killed for being black because the shooters had no other information to go on.

Maybe future information will come out but until then this wasn't trespassing, this wasn't looking for a "suspect" in something that just happened, this was two white guys chasing down a black guy who *almost* fit the description of "someone" they say was wanted and who tried to avoid them but got shot a killed anyway.

Crazy how I can use facts and information to answer question and not just rumors and innuendos.

I think the important take away is bfine believes innocent until proven guilty except he believes Arbery is guilty of a future crime he had yet to commit and Michael Flynn is innocent even though he admitted his guilt and despite the fact both Pence and Trump claimed Flynn misled them. (Am I supposed to believe both Pence and Trump lied about Flynn lying?)
(05-13-2020, 08:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: But in answering "no" you don't say WHY the "ex-leo" wanted to be a cowboy. That's what you want to spin away from.

My grandfather took me inside some million dollar homes being built by an old quarry near his house to check them out. He’s a real estate agent and probably could have name dropped someone if we were caught, but it was trespassing.

Good thing no one shot us.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-13-2020, 10:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My grandfather took me inside some million dollar homes being built by an old quarry near his house to check them out. He’s a real estate agent and probably could have name dropped someone if we were caught, but it was trespassing.

(05-11-2020, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He could have been casing the neighborhood. 

Are you sure he wasn't casing the neighborhood and just using you as a ruse to cover his criminal activity instead of jogging?
(05-13-2020, 10:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My grandfather took me inside some million dollar homes being built by an old quarry near his house to check them out. He’s a real estate agent and probably could have name dropped someone if we were caught, but it was trespassing.

I only put trespassing in quotes because there were no charges and the two shooters had no idea about the victim being on the job site.

I've been a lot of places that I was "trespassing" and I'm glad I wasn't shot too.

I didn't even know about the items "stolen" from the boat of the homeowner until last night.  He said that was all overblown and he never filed any charges or thought about who might have done it because the items were lost while the boat was being towed from two hours away.
(05-10-2020, 04:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/04/01/lawyer-louisville-cops-did-not-identify-themselves-during-botched-raid-that-killed-emt-led-to-her-boyfriends-attempted-murder-charge-for-shooting-officer/

Innocent woman dead, innocent man now charged with attempted murder for defending his home, cops get a paid vacation until the court says "oh well".

Again.

Follow up:

The man who had his home broken into (wrongly and without warning) will await trial at home and the FOP is just in a tither about it.

Reminder:  They broke into the wrong home, opened fire, killed an innocent woman and the accused did not kill anyone but defended his home.
(05-13-2020, 10:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: I only put trespassing in quotes because there were no charges and the two shooters had no idea about the victim being on the job site.

I've been a lot of places that I was "trespassing" and I'm glad I wasn't shot too.

I didn't even know about the items "stolen" from the boat of the homeowner until last night.  He said that was all overblown and he never filed any charges or thought about who might have done it because the items were lost while the boat was being towed from two hours away.

Oh yea. My point was just that trespassing in a vacant home is probably something many people have done without being shot to death.

(05-13-2020, 10:53 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you sure he wasn't casing the neighborhood and just using you as a ruse to cover his criminal activity instead of jogging?

He is Italian.