Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
(05-29-2020, 09:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump tweeted out about the "thug" protestors (not "thug" officer who murdered Floyd?) and suggested that they be shot.

Twitter put a warning on the tweet saying that it was "glorifying violence" but would remain up because it may be in the public's interest to remain accessible.

I shared that in the thread about "cracking down" on social media.

Make me wonder if soldiers would open fire on citizen because they POTUS ordered them to? 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I read that they claimed to be "following orders" but I did not see a confirmation of that quote.

Cameras and ID weren't enough...for one of them.
(05-29-2020, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly I have always chalked the rioters up to different life experiences in how to deal with issues and the looters and opportunists that use the cover to steal as they normally would.

But then I see gangs of armed white people storm the state capitol so they can demand they can go eat out and get haircuts and I wonder how different I react than so many other people.

This is where I wish I was paying more attention to it. Was the response to the protesters in this instance different from the onset and that caused things to escalate? I don't know, but I could see that being the case and if so, well, I get it. The problem is that there is so much misinformation out there that getting to the facts is tough.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-29-2020, 10:09 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is where I wish I was paying more attention to it. Was the response to the protesters in this instance different from the onset and that caused things to escalate? I don't know, but I could see that being the case and if so, well, I get it. The problem is that there is so much misinformation out there that getting to the facts is tough.

What I saw was marchers being met with teargas and rubber bullets and then the rioting and looting.  Not saying it caused it but that is how I saw the initial reports.
(05-29-2020, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: I read that they claimed to be "following orders" but I did not see a confirmation of that quote.

Cameras and ID weren't enough...for one of them.

That's bullshit. They presented their press credentials and then were arrested and detained for an hour. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/UzpfSTc4MDA2MTQ6MTAxMDY0NzkyODI1NDI3MTk/

Saw this video about a masked white "protestor" smashing windows as a black protestor tries to stop him and find out who he is.

There's also video of masked white people stacking wood on target carts to set them on fire.

Could be coordinated by the right to discredit the protestors. Could be antifa.

(05-29-2020, 10:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's bullshit. They presented their press credentials and then were arrested and detained for an hour. 

Just the black one.   Mellow

Hey they APOLOGIZED!  Geeze!   Mellow

Let's be happy they didn't get kneeled on.  Mellow

That's all I got because this is awful. Whatever
(05-29-2020, 10:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/inthenow/videos/254536622291839/UzpfSTc4MDA2MTQ6MTAxMDY0NzkyODI1NDI3MTk/

Saw this video about a masked white "protestor" smashing windows as a black protestor tries to stop him and find out who he is.

There's also video of masked white people stacking wood on target carts to set them on fire.

Could be coordinated by the right to discredit the protestors. Could be antifa.

There's a photo going around saying it is a white officer that started it.  I didn't share because I can't verify the OP and who knows what to believe.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/where-does-phrase-when-looting-starts-shooting-starts-come-n1217676?fbclid=IwAR1GU7u5L2d7wkZi9TVyqmFbPkcrJ1WCD09s5E2a7_qc6S-VokW91pezoTM

Headley, who was chief of police in Miami for 20 years, said that law enforcement was going after “young hoodlums, from 15 to 21, who have taken advantage of the civil rights campaign. ... We don't mind being accused of police brutality."

Miami hadn't faced "racial disturbances and looting," Headley added, because he let word filter down that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

The phrase was considered to have contributed to the city's race riots in the late 1960s, according to The Washington Post.

Headley, who died only a few months later in 1968 and had been denounced by civil rights leaders, was described in an Associated Press obituary as the "architect of a crime crackdown that sent police dogs and shotgun-toting patrolmen into Miami's slums in force."

I never thought that in 2020 POTUS would be quoting calls to violence from opponents of the civil rights movement

As if to prove that they don't care or understand the Trump White House reposted his blacked tweet...and it got blocked.

[Image: EZMKO9JUEAMdyU2?format=jpg&name=small]
(05-29-2020, 11:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I never thought that in 2020 POTUS would be quoting calls to violence from opponents of the civil rights movement

Why?  Chaos is what Trump loves.  He doesn't like minorities or poor people.  He has no idea how to handle anything beyond his daily tans and tweets. And I'll add that he likes to say things he thinks "sound tough" while being a coward his entire life.

That tweet fits right in.
(05-29-2020, 11:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I never thought that in 2020 POTUS would be quoting calls to violence from opponents of the civil rights movement

Mellow
Already people online are calling the CNN arrest "fake" after there was an apology issued for it.
The suspect had been taken into custody.

Part of me thinks it for his safety as much as to calm the protestors down or because of his being a suspect.

Also Trump lans a 2pm press conference in the Rose Garden because he hasn't been in the center of the news enough.
Good to see him arrested, hopefully the other 3 cops are arrested soon as well and all charged & found guilty to the fullest extent of the law. It should not have happened period, and there is no justification for it.

It isnt good to see some deplorable protesters take it out on police in other cities like Columbus and elsewhere that had nothing to do with it. Protect peacefully wherever & whenever fine, just leave the cops alone that are there to protect that peaceful protest. Throwing stuff and antagonizing them, at that point that protester can just ***k the right off.

In terms of the looting, its needs to nipped in the bud. I don't agree with what Trump tweeted but there does have to be a line drawn to make sure criminals dont take advantage of the situation.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

It is 2:24 and the 2:00pm presser hasn't started yet.

Prediction that DJT is going to use the word "very" multiple times in a sentence about the death (very, very, very sad) like a C student trying to pad out an essay, while he's announcing the arrest of the officer so he can get some credit for it.

I'm also already seen a video playing around right wing media with Obama calling rioters in Baltimore thugs so he'll bring that up too ("I'm not racist...he is!")

Should be a very calming time.
2:30 and still no Trump.

But President Personal Courage did find time to post a CYA tweet about his earlier "when the looting starts the shooting starts" post concerning the National Guard.

(05-29-2020, 03:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Good to see him arrested, hopefully the other 3 cops are arrested soon as well and all charged & found guilty to the fullest extent of the law. It should not have happened period, and there is no justification for it.

It isnt good to see some deplorable protesters take it out on police in other cities like Columbus and elsewhere that had nothing to do with it. Protect peacefully wherever & whenever fine, just leave the cops alone that are there to protect that peaceful protest. Throwing stuff and antagonizing them, at that point that protester can just ***k the right off.

In terms of the looting, its needs to nipped in the bud. I don't agree with what Trump tweeted but there does have to be a line drawn to make sure criminals dont take advantage of the situation.

3rd degree murder charge.