Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Bad Boys II
And what police are going to have to understand is that while they can still "forget" to turn on their body cameras and the footage can be held forever for no one in the public to see, technology no allows citizens to (legally) record them doing their jobs.

As long as their job isn't planting drugs on suspects they should be ok.

https://www.tiktok.com/@nawman3kid/video/6837554856740392197

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Good thread too.  The SWAT team has been under heat for sometime.

Why didn't the other officer stop him?

[Image: 103496886_3890878111005214_9179384724847...e=5F08A720]

Interestingly as I was researching the veracity of this I came across a radio show with Ms. Horne talking about police brutality and the need for reform.  It's from December of 2019...long before the Floyd murder.

https://radio.wpsu.org/post/take-note-cariol-horne-and-damon-jones-need-reform-against-police-brutality
[Image: 103646954_4694506750560266_3586651404050...e=5F0AA195]
"Look if you want us to be held accountable how will we ever get people to do the job?!?!"   Smirk

(06-13-2020, 09:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Good thread too.  The SWAT team has been under heat for sometime.

Sounds like it's US against THEM, from the Swat team's perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Shot in the back while running away?

Investigation (while on paid leave).

Then nothing.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/13/atlanta-police-fatally-shoot-black-man-wendys/

I know, I know...do what the cops say, don't "resist", don't run.

Cops are still choosing to be judge jury and executioners.
(06-13-2020, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Shot in the back while running away?

Investigation (while on paid leave).

Then nothing.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/13/atlanta-police-fatally-shoot-black-man-wendys/

I know, I know...do what the cops say, don't "resist", don't run.

Cops are still choosing to be judge jury and executioners.

Stop it.

He was literally fighting them and stole a police officer's taser. 

If you take a police officer's weapon from them, they are going to shoot you. He had their less-than-lethal option in his hands. He is merely turning slightly and shooting a police officer with it away from getting his hands on their gun and being able to kill both.

DON'T. TAKE. POLICE. WEAPONS.

- - - - - -
How many innocent small business owners get their lives ruined by the protest this time because a guy decided that stealing a police officer's weapon was a good alternative to letting yourself get arrested for a DUI?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-13-2020, 04:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Stop it.

He was literally fighting them and stole a police officer's taser. 

If you take a police officer's weapon from them, they are going to shoot you. He had their less-than-lethal option in his hands. He is merely turning slightly and shooting a police officer with it away from getting his hands on their gun and being able to kill both.

DON'T. TAKE. POLICE. WEAPONS.

- - - - - -
How many innocent small business owners get their lives ruined by the protest this time because a guy decided that stealing a police officer's weapon was a good alternative to letting yourself get arrested for a DUI?

Cops said George Floyd resisted and died later in the hospital after they called an ambulance.

They shot THIS guy in the back as he was running away and killed him.

You stop it.

Mellow
Hey, maybe there is some merit to this Cop defunding thing. It appears these fine citizens defended their own property and parks:

https://www.whas11.com/article/news/kentucky/crowd-forms-line-in-front-of-confederate-monument-to-keep-protesters-back/417-f3fad530-c384-4836-9296-fcf5b0bfe51a

Quote:Crowd forms line in front of Confederate monument to keep protesters back
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Once all the statues are gone the only remnant left of the Confederacy will be the Democrat party.
(06-13-2020, 05:56 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Once all the statues are gone the only remnant left of the Confederacy will be the Democrat party.

The Democratic party predates the Civil War. Also, the Democrats gave all the Confederacy sympathizers over to the GOP when they initiated the Southern Strategy. That's what it was all about, after all. The GOP went racist to court the Southern Democrats holding onto the vestiges of the Confederacy during and after the Civil Rights movement. And Lincoln proceeded to roll over in his grave.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
So you think the Rep. are still trying the Southern strategy after some 50 years have went by ?
(06-13-2020, 06:25 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: So you think the Rep. are still trying the Southern strategy after some 50 years have went by ?

You tell me which party's events have more Southern Crosses at them.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-13-2020, 06:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: You tell me which party's events have more Southern Crosses at them.

Those in the Southern Hemisphere. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

That's painting with a pretty broad brush. I venture to say they are nuts at Dem. events that don't truly represent the idea of the their party just the same. At least I'd hope so with some of the ideas that are floated. Guess I'm trying to say there are fringe elements on both sides.
Which leads to why the hell is there only 2 sides. Sad isn't it?
(06-13-2020, 07:20 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: That's painting with a pretty broad brush. I venture to say they are nuts at Dem. events that don't truly represent the idea of the their party just the same. At least I'd hope so with some of the ideas that are floated.

I'm just saying that there is a reason that you see that more at GOP events. There is a history going back to the Southern Strategy for this. It didn't stop in the '60s, either. The Reagan administration's policies regarding drugs disproportionately targeted the black community for a reason, and it isn't because black people use drugs more. Trump's racist dog whistles are well known and well documented, so there isn't any need to get into that.

To be clear, I'm not saying the Democrats are spic and span on this. Bidden is hugely problematic in this conversation, as well. I'm just saying that as a party, the GOP has been courting the racist vote since LBJ signed the CRA in 1964.

(06-13-2020, 04:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Cops said George Floyd resisted and died later in the hospital after they called an ambulance.

They shot THIS guy in the back as he was running away and killed him.

You stop it.

Mellow

After he attacked both police officers and stole one of their tasers. He is on camera with the stolen taser still in his hand. You can't attack police officers, steal their weapon, point the stolen weapon at them, and then be the "victim".

Because yes, as he was "running away", he pointing the taser at the police officer chasing him. The police officer knows they are just a taser away from being incapacitated and murdered by their own gun. If someone attacks them, steals their taser, and then points it at them? They are going to get shot.
https://twitter.com/MattWSB/status/1271909804848623617

So seriously, stop it.

Mellow

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-13-2020, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: After he attacked both police officers and stole one of their tasers. He is on camera with the stolen taser still in his hand. You can't attack police officers, steal their weapon, point the stolen weapon at them, and then be the "victim".

Because yes, as he was "running away", he pointing the taser at the police officer chasing him. The police officer knows they are just a taser away from being incapacitated and murdered by their own gun. If someone attacks them, steals their taser, and then points it at them? They are going to get shot.
https://twitter.com/MattWSB/status/1271909804848623617

So seriously, stop it.

Mellow

Yeah. The whole "he was fleeing thing" has a lot more nuance to it than people think. Tennessee v. Garner makes it so an officer cannot shoot a fleeing suspect unless they have reason to believe they are threat to life or limb to the cop or others. So, assault a cop and steal a weapon? Even with it being a taser I'd see that as a threat.