Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Weather- Training Camp?
Starting tomorrow, it's supposed to rain six of the next seven days and then something like four or five of seven of the next week.
Weather in Greater Cincinnati changes a lot but how will this impact training camp if it holds up?

Supposed to lighting, not just storm, so I guess they'll go to UC's practice bubble?

Kind of a bummer considering how much fan support we have this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 05:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Starting tomorrow, it's supposed to rain six of the next seven days and then something like four or five of seven of the next week.
Weather in Greater Cincinnati changes a lot but how will this impact training camp if it holds up?

Supposed to lighting, not just storm, so I guess they'll go to UC's practice bubble?

Kind of a bummer considering how much fan support we have this year.

UC would be using UC's practice bubble.  In event of adverse weather, they will either adjust the actual practice time or move it inside PBS to their mini practice area.  Tomorrow's thunderstorms aren't supposed to hit until mid to late afternoon.  They can simply switch the practice to morning and do meetings in the afternoon

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully there is a break in the rain/storms from 3-6. Maybe they are set to hit in the morning or night...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 12:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hopefully there is a break in the rain/storms from 3-6. Maybe they are set to hit in the morning or night...

Hopefully because, otherwise, the lowest chances of rain are Saturday and Sunday at 40% and 30% but, other than that, it's all 60% or above until Wednesday.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: UC would be using UC's practice bubble.  In event of adverse weather, they will either adjust the actual practice time or move it inside PBS to their mini practice area.  Tomorrow's thunderstorms aren't supposed to hit until mid to late afternoon.  They can simply switch the practice to morning and do meetings in the afternoon

I'm sure there would be a period of time when the practice bubble is available. 
Reply/Quote
You play football in all weather; might as well practice in it.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 01:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You play football in all weather; might as well practice in it.

Bengals don't play in rain that much and you want to practice in the weather you generally play in.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 05:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bengals don't play in rain that much and you want to practice in the weather you generally play in.

The Raiders don't play in the cold that often either - you think they don't practice in the cold when they're coming out to New England in December?

Weather deals football players shitty hands all the time. Best get accustomed to it whenever you can.
Reply/Quote
RAIN?!?!?!?

Gaah

We finally get a decent team and now they are all going to melt from practicing in the rain.
Reply/Quote
Practice.Rain,shine,sleet,or snow.Man up.Although,lightning might be a different story.I don’t care how much they man up,I don’t think they could quite handle lightning strikes.
Reply/Quote
It's also supposed to be 80ish degrees during this stretch and the Bengals practice during the hottest part of the day. Some clouds and a little rain would probably be nice.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 12:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm sure there would be a period of time when the practice bubble is available. 

The UC football team is not using their practice bubble.  They started camp at Higher Ground, IN on Thursday. Unless it continues to rain, I could then see them returning to campus/bubble to get some valuable practice time in.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 02:02 PM)Cat-Man Wrote: The UC football team is not using their practice bubble.  They started camp at Higher Ground, IN on Thursday.   Unless it continues to rain,  I could then see them returning to campus/bubble to get some valuable practice time in.

It's actually supposed to stop raining in Cincinnati by the time practice starts and then not rain the until around 11 tonight, so maybe we'll get lucky.

Who knows though because, a half hour ago, it had said it was going to rain here all day, but then I switched over to Cincinnati and it said all clear, but then I switched back to here and it said only rain for an hour, and Cincinnati was supposed to stop and then start again, so who the hell knows.
Reply/Quote
If you don't like the weather in Ohio, give it an hour.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 04:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If you don't like the weather in Ohio, give it an hour.

Northern Kentucky too but it’s more like give it ten minutes
Reply/Quote