Poll: How do you like your cookies?
Soft and Chewy
Hard and Crunchy
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baked Goods Preference
So i got these peanut butter cookies from the local grocery store and they were delicious. They were soft and chewy. So i went out this week and got some more. This time, however, they were hard and crunchy. Not want I want. Still good, but not as good.

So what's the verdict? Soft and chewy or hard and crunchy?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard and chewy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 02:17 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Hard and chewy. Mellow

Soft and crunchy!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually, I prefer soft and chewy. But don't eat baked goods that much. (Diabetic)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I like blueberry pie.

You did say baked goods, not just cookies.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 03:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: I like blueberry pie.

You did say baked goods, not just cookies.

I thought "cookie preference" would open this up to a whole different conversation
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No one is going to say that they like their goods hard. Boo to that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I like warm apple pie. Reminds me of something...
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 02:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Actually, I prefer soft and chewy.  But don't eat baked goods that much.  (Diabetic)

I have some great recipes for cookies that are diabetic friendly. And I keep them sealed up so they remain soft and chewy. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 08:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have some great recipes for cookies that are diabetic friendly. And I keep them sealed up so they remain soft and chewy. ThumbsUp

Does that piece of bread trick work as well?
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 12:43 AM)Harmening Wrote: Does that piece of bread trick work as well?

Not sure of what you speak.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 07:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not sure of what you speak.

I've been told that if you include a piece of bread in the same package the cookies are sealed, it will assure you of soft cookies.
I'm not a cookie eater, so I've never seized the opportunity to try it.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 08:49 AM)Harmening Wrote: I've been told that if you include a piece of bread in the same package the cookies are sealed, it will assure you of soft cookies.
I'm not a cookie eater, so I've never seized the opportunity to try it.

My mom used to put a slice of bread into the cookie jar after she'd made cookies. She swore it worked, and the cookies were always good, so, I guess I can vouch for it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 08:37 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: My mom used to put a slice of bread into the cookie jar after she'd made cookies.  She swore it worked, and the cookies were always good, so, I guess I can vouch for it.

I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.

Me either, but I learned never to argue with the cook.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2015, 08:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how a piece of bread will help, but a fresh carrot does.  It has just enough moisture in it to keep the cookies from drying out.

Never tired a carrot, will have to try that method. I usually use a half a slice of bread and it works for 2-3 days. Its funny because if you use a full slice it gets almost to moist and falls apart.
Reply/Quote
Soft and chewy

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 05:31 PM)Harmening Wrote: I like warm apple pie.  Reminds me of something...

[Image: zohQvNz.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-04-2015, 01:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So i got these peanut butter cookies from the local grocery store and they were delicious. They were soft and chewy. So i went out this week and got some more. This time, however, they were hard and crunchy. Not want I want. Still good, but not as good.

So what's the verdict? Soft and chewy or hard and crunchy?

if a cookie is hard and cruchy they did it wrong
Reply/Quote