Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield in the 2nd?
Think it will be a good QB class with Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Darnold, Allen, and Thorson may surprise too.

Still think Bengals stick with Dalton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I only want Baker Mayfield (or a QB in general) if the Bengals can get something for Dalton and/or McCarron assuming the Bengals are not active in outside FA when it comes to OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Derwin James needs to be the pick. Dude compared very favorably(i think he's better) to the honey badger coming out.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Derwin James needs to be the pick. Dude compared very favorably(i think he's better) to the honey badger coming out.

It's looking more and more like Cincinnati will be picking more in the 9-12 range, which will likely rule out James. Plus, as much as some people don't want to believe it, Iloka and Williams have been solid. Not great, but solid. They are still decent starters and signed through 2020.
With that said, if James is available when the Bengals pick and there's not not a clear cut upgrade at a position with more need, he'd be a great selection.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's looking more and more like Cincinnati will be picking more in the 9-12 range, which will likely rule out James. Plus, as much as some people don't want to believe it, Iloka and Williams have been solid. Not great, but solid. They are still decent starters and signed through 2020.
With that said, if James is available when the Bengals pick and there's not not a clear cut upgrade at a position with more need, he'd be a great selection.
He had fallen out of favor with some. And we saw how hooker fell to 15 so it could happen. And Williams is always hurt it seems. Iloka is good.
Reply/Quote
We SHOULD take Mayfield. I'm still not sold on Andy. The only 2 guys we should be looking at in the 1st is
OT Orlando Brown Oklahoma OR Mayfield..then grab OG Will Hernandez in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He had fallen out of favor with some. And we saw how hooker fell to 15 so it could happen. And Williams is always hurt it seems. Iloka is good.

If he lights up the combine dude will be a top 5 pick.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 05:31 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: We SHOULD take Mayfield. I'm still not sold on Andy. The only 2 guys we should be looking at in the 1st is
OT Orlando Brown Oklahoma OR Mayfield..then grab OG Will Hernandez in the 2nd.
Brown is not a first round talent and u don't draft a pure rt in the first. Derwin James or a trade back for Hernandez/price in the first is the play.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 06:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Brown is not a first round talent and u don't draft a pure rt in the first. Derwin James or a trade back for Hernandez/price in the first is the play.

Brown has been mocked in the first a lot. Even top 10. Willie Anderson was a great right tackle.

Just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 08:40 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Brown has been mocked in the first a lot.  Even top 10.  Willie Anderson was a great right tackle.

Just saying

I mean if he goes to a team like cowboys sure. But most teams aren't running it like when Willie was here.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2017, 06:26 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Brown is not a first round talent and u don't draft a pure rt in the first. Derwin James or a trade back for Hernandez/price in the first is the play.
To be fair, Andre Smith was really a pure RT and went in the top 10. Brown could be in the same boat.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I mean if he goes to a team like cowboys sure. But most teams aren't running it like when Willie was here.

We drafted a superstar caliber RB in the second Rd last year we should run the ball if our Offensive line is good enough.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We drafted a superstar caliber RB in the second Rd last year we should run the ball if our Offensive line is good enough.

We drafted a RB who runs best out of the shotgun, then we tried forcing him to change his game to running out of under center formations. It slowed him down. 
Other teams don't do this. It's not *all* on the OL.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:48 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We drafted a RB who runs best out of the shotgun, then we tried forcing him to change his game to running out of under center formations. It slowed him down. 
Other teams don't do this. It's not *all* on the OL.

It might not be all but it's a high %
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2017, 12:00 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I mean if he goes to a team like cowboys sure. But most teams aren't running it like when Willie was here.

Oklahoma throws the ball a ton.  Pretty sure he's not a pure run blocking only tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:09 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Oklahoma throws the ball a ton.  Pretty sure he's not a pure run blocking only tackle.

Don't believe I said he's s pure run blocking tackle though that's what he's best at. I said he's a pure right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Don't believe I said he's s pure run blocking tackle though that's what he's best at. I said he's a pure right tackle.

Disagree.  He's played on the Left side and needs to stay there.

He's a much better prospect than McGLinchey and nobody talks about him moving to the right.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 09:56 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: If Mayfield is available I think we should take him..this guy goes through his reads and he can scramble and get out of the pocket. He's accurate and makes things happen. If Andy is not the guy next year and we have to go into the drafy looking for a qb there will be no elite qbs available. I dont think it would be smart to pass up Mayfield this year
Andy is not a good quarterback in my opinion o line being bad or not. That deep ball he threw to aj should have been a touchdown and he will never learn to throw the ball towards the.middle.of the field instead of 10 yards out of bounds.

Why would you want to wish bad things on a guy with a bright future by bringing him here?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Disagree.  He's played on the Left side and needs to stay there.

He's a much better prospect than McGLinchey and nobody talks about him moving to the right.

Literally everyone says he's a right tackle. He's not someone I would trust to protect ur blindside for 5 seconds. He's is a much better prospect than mcglichey but that's not saying much. Him and dude from Western Michigan ate probably ot1 right now. Rumors about Trey Adams wanting to come out are swirling. If that happens then he's head and shoulders ot1 over anyone else. If not it's between brown and dude from wmu.
Reply/Quote
We should not be taking a QB at all. If need be Rounds 1-4 should all be offensive linemen. Of course, without a new OL coach they still won't be coached up properly.
Reply/Quote