Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield in the 2nd?
(12-06-2017, 12:00 AM)Joelist Wrote: We should not be taking a QB at all. If need be Rounds 1-4 should all be offensive linemen. Of course, without a new OL coach they still won't be coached up properly.

Normally I would agree with you, but if a guy like Rosen is somehow there when we draft, you have to take him.  You don't get the chance to get a franchise guy in the top 5 very often.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Literally everyone says he's a right tackle. He's not someone I would trust to protect ur blindside for 5 seconds. He's is a much better prospect than mcglichey but that's not saying much. Him and dude from Western Michigan ate probably ot1 right now. Rumors about Trey Adams wanting to come out are swirling. If that happens then he's head and shoulders ot1 over anyone else. If not it's between brown and dude  from wmu.

5 seconds?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:19 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 5 seconds?

Yeah. Like if in drafting a tackle top 10 I'm saying can he protect yeah blindside for up to  5 seconds. Whit I would.  Adams I would. Nobody else in this class I would not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 02:19 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 5 seconds?

Geez. Don't you know the standard NFL pocket is 5 seconds. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Geez. Don't you know the standard NFL pocket is 5 seconds. 

I learn something new every day.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 12:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Geez. Don't you know the standard NFL pocket is 5 seconds. 

It's usually 2.5 but I want to know u can hold up for longer.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 08:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It's usually 2.5 but I want to know u can hold up for longer.

Are you still talking about football?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you still talking about football?

Yes
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 09:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Are you still talking about football?

I lol'd 
Reply/Quote
Baker Mayfield is the real deal,anybody that says otherwise can't judge talent worth a cheap he's ten times better then dalton.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:43 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Baker Mayfield is the real deal,anybody that says otherwise can't judge talent worth a cheap he's ten times better then dalton.

Hard to judge one way or the other In a spread offense. Mayfield isn't even the best qb in the big 12 imo. Mayfield has a lot of wilson qualities will the scrambling, head fakes, etc. His short and intermideate ball placement is amazing and is placed for yac... But his deep ball is severely lacking. 
Reply/Quote
If a new head coach comes in and isn't entirely sold on Dalton, if someone like Mayfield is there in the second, I think you have to seriously consider it.

Having said that, are we even sure Mayfield makes it out of the first round? Browns, Broncos, and Giants are in the market for a QB.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Hard to judge one way or the other In a spread offense. Mayfield isn't even the best qb in the big 12 imo. Mayfield has a lot of wilson qualities will the scrambling, head fakes, etc. His short and intermideate ball placement is amazing and is placed for yac... But his deep ball is severely lacking. 

You are crazy lol from what I seen he gots everything you want in a qb besides height and he's somewhat s loose cannon which some people like and some don't. His mechanics ,accuracy ,and scrambling ability is amazing ,and he's has velocity on his throws even being short. I've seen all the qbs coming out and he's definitely the best out of all of them. He's his own person but I see some Russel Wilson and drew brees in him .
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If a new head coach comes in and isn't entirely sold on Dalton, if someone like Mayfield is there in the second, I think you have to seriously consider it.  

Having said that, are we even sure Mayfield makes it out of the first round?  Browns, Broncos, and Giants are in the market for a QB.

He's going in the first ,unless they don't want him fo r his size and attitude. Maybe if he got in trouble again he'd drop to the 2nd . I think he's worth taking with our pick before Denver or Pitt gets him and he's whooping our ass. 
Reply/Quote
Taking a harder look at this, I may need to backtrack a bit.

One way or another, Dalton is our QB next year unless he gets traded (highly doubtful). Mike Brown is not going to pay Dalton to sit, and he's not going to cut Dalton and take the cap hit.

Now, if a new coach comes in and somehow sells Brown on drafting Dalton's replacement, how high of a pick are we talking here? This team relies so heavily on the draft to fill needs, and with how bad they've been these last two years I don't think they could afford to take a QB in the first or even second round with the intention of sitting him for a year or two. We don't have the luxury of time and talent here. If the window's not already closed on this core group, it's closing fast.

Now, suppose Jay Gruden stays in DC, and suppose Cousins walks. What if Jay Gruden called the Bengals up asking for a price tag on Dalton? Suddenly Mike Brown sees an opportunity for more draft picks and an opportunity to let the new coach grab his QB for the future. And presumably, if Dalton is traded Brown wouldn't have to take the cap hit. Trading Dalton is about the only scenario I can realistically see them taking a QB high. And I sincerely doubt such a scenario has any real likelihood of happening. It would take A LOT of convincing to sell Brown on that, and I don't think a new coach coming in will command that sort of influence.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 07:57 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: You are crazy lol from what I seen he gots everything you want in a qb besides height and he's somewhat s loose cannon which some people like and some don't. His mechanics ,accuracy ,and scrambling ability is amazing ,and he's has velocity on his throws even being short. I've seen all the qbs coming out and he's definitely the best out of all of them. He's his own person but I see some Russel Wilson and drew brees in him .
I agree with all this, save for his deep ball. When he throws his deep ball, playing in the big 12, his wrs are wide open... When they're covered he's throwing it way over their head, way short, or out of bounds. Not saying it can't be corrected, but that's the only major knock on him. He's my qb3 right now after Rudolph and rosen
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 08:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Taking a harder look at this, I may need to backtrack a bit.

One way or another, Dalton is our QB next year unless he gets traded (highly doubtful).  Mike Brown is not going to pay Dalton to sit, and he's not going to cut Dalton and take the cap hit.  

Now, if a new coach comes in and somehow sells Brown on drafting Dalton's replacement, how high of a pick are we talking here?  This team relies so heavily on the draft to fill needs, and with how bad they've been these last two years I don't think they could afford to take a QB in the first or even second round with the intention of sitting him for a year or two.  We don't have the luxury of time and talent here.  If the window's not already closed on this core group, it's closing fast.

Now, suppose Jay Gruden stays in DC, and suppose Cousins walks.  What if Jay Gruden called the Bengals up asking for a price tag on Dalton?  Suddenly Mike Brown sees an opportunity for more draft picks and an opportunity to let the new coach grab his QB for the future.  And presumably, if Dalton is traded Brown wouldn't have to take the cap hit.  Trading Dalton is about the only scenario I can realistically see them taking a QB high.  And I sincerely doubt such a scenario has any real likelihood of happening.  It would take A LOT of convincing to sell Brown on that, and I don't think a new coach coming in will command that sort of influence.
Talent wise I just don't see Dalton good enough,not even mentally , he plays to the system. Fast throws or predetermined,his long ball is awful this year. He's a one read qb,  there's just nothing special about his game . Not a leader either and looks as clueless as his coach. Unless some coach can come in and change the whole dynamic,make us a straight running team ,and get as far as a mark Sanchez did with that style of team that's the only way I can see it. But them teams don't even get to the Superbowl really. The NFL is a star driven league ,and your qb pretty much has to be a star to win it all most the time. Even when we went to the Superbowl,  we had a good qb and a stacked team with great running game,but who ended up winning? The best qb in the NFL did with the best wide out. I feel like we are just wasting time with Dalton as the qb ,and his supporters just point at everything else ,when there is a lot more talented qbs out there. Just watch baker Mayfield compared to Dalton and look at the talent difference, baker Mayfield moves in the pocket only Dalton could wish and dream he could. Dalton usually tucks up and takes the sack.
Reply/Quote
Assuming McCarron remains a restricted free agent, do the Browns bite on another trade or do they roll with Josh Rosen?
Reply/Quote
I said it earlier, and I'll say it again. No, thank you.

Baker plays on emotion, he will get killed in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 10:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I said it earlier, and I'll say it again.  No, thank you.

Baker plays on emotion, he will get killed in the NFL.

Yupp just like brees and Wilson did
Reply/Quote