Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield thanks Cleveland, hinting at departure
Baker Mayfield has posted a lengthy message that reads very much like a farewell message. He is thanking the city of Cleveland for everything they have done. I am beginning to think that Cleveland is doing well in the Watson sweepstakes.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:19 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Baker Mayfield has posted a lengthy message that reads very much like a farewell message. He is thanking the city of Cleveland for everything they have done. I am beginning to think that Cleveland is doing well in the Watson sweepstakes.

Like i said just the fact they brought watson in will be enough for Baker to want out.  (cause basically the Browns are saying hey we dont want Baker as our QB. by looking at other Starting QBs)

They better hope they land Watson or they will have no Qb
Reply/Quote
When I heard rumors that Watson wanted to go to the Steelers and they specifically said no thanks, I tossed the notion out to my Steeler fan pals that they may have encouraged the jerk to put the Browns on the list of possible destinations.

(03-16-2022, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They better hope they land Watson or they will have no Qb

The Browns with no QB?  That's hard to imagine. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn, and I was hoping that they were going to sign him to some bank-breaking megadeal. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope he will still do commercials.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Or this could be like the 09 Broncos where they messed up a trade for Matt Cassel and Cutler forced a trade out.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:19 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Baker Mayfield has posted a lengthy message that reads very much like a farewell message. He is thanking the city of Cleveland for everything they have done. I am beginning to think that Cleveland is doing well in the Watson sweepstakes.

Funny they could let him go and then sign Watson and Watson can still be suspended and they would be without either.. lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny they could let him go and then sign Watson and Watson can still be suspended and they would be without either.. lol

Then they start Keenum for half a season, like they should have last year.  I think Browns fans are used to watching a backup QB under center.
Reply/Quote
Browns are the most dysfunctional team with flagrant dysfunctional delusional fans. That organization destroys QB ever since Bernie.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Browns are the most dysfunctional team with flagrant dysfunctional delusional fans.  That organization destroys QB ever since Bernie.

I'll play devils avocado here...the Browns are a stinky franchise, but zero QBs they had in the expansion era left Cleveland and were good somewhere else.  They've had nothing to ruin at QB or HC, for that matter.  If they give up on Mayfield and he does ANYTHING anywhere else in the NFL, he will be the first former Browns QB to do so...and he might.

Look at this list of never-was "talent"

1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)

2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
2001 Tim Couch (16)
2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Luke McCown (4) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2014 Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2015 Josh McCown (8) / Johnny Manziel (6) / Austin Davis (2)
2016 Cody Kessler (8) / Robert Griffin III (5) / Josh McCown (3)
2017 DeShone Kizer (15) / Kevin Hogan (1)
2018 Baker Mayfield (13) / Tyrod Taylor (3)
2019 Baker Mayfield (16)
2020 Baker Mayfield (16)
2021 Baker Mayfield (14) / Case Keenum (2) / Nick Mullens (1)
Reply/Quote
Didnt Browns just lose their center too? I wouldnt want to come back to Cleveland either.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll play devils avocado here...the Browns are a stinky franchise, but zero QBs they had in the expansion era left Cleveland and were good somewhere else.  They've had nothing to ruin at QB or HC, for that matter.  If they give up on Mayfield and he does ANYTHING anywhere else in the NFL, he will be the first former Browns QB to do so...and he might.

Look at this list of never-was "talent"

1999 Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)

2000 Doug Pederson (8) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
2001 Tim Couch (16)
2002 Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2003 Kelly Holcomb (8) / Tim Couch (8)
2004 Jeff Garcia (10) / Luke McCown (4) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2005 Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2006 Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2007 Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2008 Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2009 Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2010 Colt McCoy (8) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2011 Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2012 Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2013 Jason Campbell (8) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2014 Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2015 Josh McCown (8) / Johnny Manziel (6) / Austin Davis (2)
2016 Cody Kessler (8) / Robert Griffin III (5) / Josh McCown (3)
2017 DeShone Kizer (15) / Kevin Hogan (1)
2018 Baker Mayfield (13) / Tyrod Taylor (3)
2019 Baker Mayfield (16)
2020 Baker Mayfield (16)
2021 Baker Mayfield (14) / Case Keenum (2) / Nick Mullens (1)
That is an unbelievable list. Of bad quarterbacks.  With that said, I think Mayfield may actually be better elsewhere, but I really don't have evidence or reasoning to support that other than the fact that he tends to beat the Bengals.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Just when we thought the Factory of Sadness was out on a Lunch Break they sound the whistle again

Baker did have a down year last year.. but he was also playing Hurt almost the entire year. Plus the team had massive Covid issues...

But the browns arent known for continuity or making sound decisions
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is an unbelievable list. Of bad quarterbacks.  With that said, I think Mayfield may actually be better elsewhere, but I really don't have evidence or reasoning to support that other than the fact that he tends to beat the Bengals.  

If he goes to the Colts I could see him winning a playoff game here and there, sure.  I don't think he's bad, but I can also see the Browns looking at Baker and Watson and seeing the Rams as they looked at Goff and Stafford.

The number of 1st round QBs that are floating around right now, or have been quickly tossed out the door, is staggering.  What an odd era we are in.

The Steelers just picked up a guy for nothing who was the first QB off the board and drafted #2 overall five whole years ago and we don't even care...we're laughing at them.  Why shouldn't Baker join such names as:

Daniel Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariotta
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel

A lot of these guys were even top 5 picks and they've either been let go, or they are already lame duck starters in their first contract.  That's just the way the wind is blowing in the NFL these days.  The Browns don't want Baker, and that seems a little odd but at the same time I know if they gave him a long term contract for $30+ per year as any QB gets these days we would laugh our asses off at how stupid they are.

Are the Browns dumb to alienate Baker?  Who knows...I think they'd be dumber to give him a long term contract because they clearly don't think he's the guy.  My point is they can alienate him and replace him with a whole bunch of QBs who were taken around him for next to nothing. 
Reply/Quote
And Browns fans thought he was the shit lmao
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
It seems the Browns are ready to move on from Baker regardless of the Watson situation because they want an "adult" at QB.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cleveland-browns/the-browns-reportedly-want-an-adult-at-quarterback?fbclid=IwAR1iTHnbJ7tkian3RzoYU3Xj9ujphQYVn-VRKx-evabre7eGMo8bIG7PMmc
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Baker must be thrilled (sarcasm) even if the Browns don't replace him.  Imagine being the only regular starting QB the Browns have had in the last 20 years or so and seeing all these rumors.  New commercial, "What home for Baker Mayfield?"  Sponsored by Zillow or Home Finder.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 05:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It seems the Browns are ready to move on from Baker regardless of the Watson situation because they want an "adult" at QB.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/cleveland-browns/the-browns-reportedly-want-an-adult-at-quarterback?fbclid=IwAR1iTHnbJ7tkian3RzoYU3Xj9ujphQYVn-VRKx-evabre7eGMo8bIG7PMmc

I think that hits the nail on the head.

Is Mayfield a terrible QB ? no But he's also not a QB that's going to elevate your franchise much. I can't really imagine the Browns giving Mayfield a long term contract.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 07:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think that hits the nail on the head.

Is Mayfield a terrible QB ? no But he's also not a QB that's going to elevate your franchise much. I can't really imagine the Browns giving Mayfield a long term contract.

Seems like the worst thing a team can do now is give a contract to an average QB. If the Browns lock up Baker they're probably figure they're going to regret it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 04:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If he goes to the Colts I could see him winning a playoff game here and there, sure.  I don't think he's bad, but I can also see the Browns looking at Baker and Watson and seeing the Rams as they looked at Goff and Stafford.

The number of 1st round QBs that are floating around right now, or have been quickly tossed out the door, is staggering.  What an odd era we are in.

The Steelers just picked up a guy for nothing who was the first QB off the board and drafted #2 overall five whole years ago and we don't even care...we're laughing at them.  Why shouldn't Baker join such names as:

Daniel Jones
Dwayne Haskins
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Mitch Trubisky
Jared Goff
Carson Wentz
Paxton Lynch
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariotta
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel

A lot of these guys were even top 5 picks and they've either been let go, or they are already lame duck starters in their first contract.  That's just the way the wind is blowing in the NFL these days.  The Browns don't want Baker, and that seems a little odd but at the same time I know if they gave him a long term contract for $30+ per year as any QB gets these days we would laugh our asses off at how stupid they are.

Are the Browns dumb to alienate Baker?  Who knows...I think they'd be dumber to give him a long term contract because they clearly don't think he's the guy.  My point is they can alienate him and replace him with a whole bunch of QBs who were taken around him for next to nothing. 

It's always been this way. There are no shortages of examples going back decades of first round misses at QB. I think it just really underscores what a crap shoot and how truly hard it is to find a really good franchise QB. Also, I think it is a good example of how teams can get desperate and reach trying to find one. 

That's why I think Trubisky is a good choice. He's not the future nor is he going to set the world on fire, but he's capable enough to keep the Steelers from reaching this year for a QB. He's a nice bridge that maybe if they're lucky, can be that lightening in a bottle that can resurrect their career on a second chance....like a Matt Stafford or Ryan Tannehill. 

From what I am understanding, they're really high on Malik Willis and also like Pickett and Howell. I think if any of those 3 fall to them, they'll take him. Trubisky keeps them from needing a QB in this years draft and needing to trade away draft capital to get one. Thats how you get so many guys on that list. 
Reply/Quote