Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore 11 sacks/Bengals 0
Ravens play a 3-4 and Bengals play a 4-3.

Ravens had 11 sacks against Titans yesterday

Bengals- zero sacks and no pressures. None !!! This is biggest reason ( by far) why we lost the game.

How can this happen?

In the current NFL, shouldn't the Bengals change to a 3-4 defense like the Ravens.

Given our beyond pathetic ( unimaginable 16 years ago) record against the Steelers, there has to be deep and severe structural problems with our tactics.

Game after game after game the Bengals are out schemed and out coached.

Something drastic needs to be changed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati doesn't have the LBers to go to a 3-4. You think the defense sucks now, just wait until the transition period from going to a 3-4 from a 4-3. Carl Lawson would be a good 3-4 OLB but there isn't really anyone else who would transition very well.

A 4-3 can still work really well. Cincinnati is weak at LBer and has bad scheming.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:58 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Ravens play a 3-4 and Bengals play a 4-3.

Bengals- zero sacks and no pressures. None !!! This is biggest reason ( by far) why we lost the game.

How can this happen?

In the current NFL, shouldn't the Bengals change to a 3-4 defense like the Ravens.

Given our beyond pathetic ( unimaginable 16 years ago) record against the Steelers, there has to be deep and severe structural problems with our tactics.

LOL

Yup, the tried and tested defensive alignment (that is employed by the majority of the good defenses in the league) is the reason why Pitt gets away with a ton of holds that get uncalled right in the refs' faces!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Baltimore had 1 sack and two hits against the Steelers.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I understand we need to change personnel. Isn't obvious that they need to change personnel regardless of 3-4 or 4-3?

Sorry- but whatever illegal actions may have been overlooked by Steeler o line- zero sacks and zero pressures is beyond pathetic.

I think the 3-4 allows a D coordinator to be more creative and less predictable.

By the way- how many sacks/pressures did Steelers have yesterday and what alignment do they run?

Almost every game in the last 16 years the Steeler 3-4 alignment has applied more pressure and done a better job stopping the Bengals running attack then the Bengals 4-3 against the Steelers passing and running attack.

One other point- why after 16 years does the so-called master developer of linebackers continue to have year after year one of the worst group of linebackers in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:08 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Baltimore had 1 sack and two hits against the Steelers.

How many pressures?

Who won the game?

Who has a better record against the Steelers over the last 16 years and what alignment did that team run for years and years?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:14 AM)bengals67 Wrote: How many pressures?

Who won the game?

Who has a better record against the Steelers over the last 16 years and what alignment did that team run for years and years?

Not sure how many hurries there were but I can't imagine there were a ton out there with only 2 hits and 1 sack.
Formations are overrated the majority of teams play Nickle 65 to 70% of the time anyways.
J24

Reply/Quote

Who won the game?

I believe ML has a 18-12 record against the Ravens. You mentioned 16 years so why I bring it up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe ML has a 18-12 record against the Ravens. You mentioned 16 years so why I bring it up.

We are talking about his record against the Steelers.

Or we could talk about his failure to win a single playoff game.

Or his record in prime time.

Having a winning record against Ravens does not excuse the predictable two or more losses per season record against the Steelers- for 16 years.
Reply/Quote
It isn’t so much the 3-4 (which we have the wrong personnel to run) as it is the soft zones we use, which our personnel are unsuited for. Remember than when our defense was good (under Zimmer) he did not use a lot of zone and instead played press man more.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:36 AM)Joelist Wrote: It isn’t so much the 3-4 (which we have the wrong personnel to run) as it is the soft zones we use, which our personnel are unsuited for. Remember than when our defense was good (under Zimmer) he did not use a lot of zone and instead played press man more.

We ran zone but we did press more no doubt. Also guys new what they were doing under Zimmer and they do not no what there doing now. That's the biggest problem we have besides lack of speed is they don't communicate out there. Especially in zone.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:11 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Almost every game in the last 16 years the Steeler 3-4 alignment has applied more pressure and done a better job stopping the Bengals running attack then the Bengals 4-3 against the Steelers passing and running attack.

It is not the defensive scheme.  Pitt just has our number all over the field.

Bengals record against teams other than Pitt since 2011...….66-35-2  .650%
Pitt record against teams other than Bengals since 2011...….64-38-1  .626%

Pitt record against Bengals since 2011...….12-3

It just does not make any sense that they should dominate us the way they do.
Reply/Quote

Who won the game?

Not to disrupt you narrative of whine, but Baltimore has pitched two shutouts and we put up 34 against them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 10:58 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Ravens play a 3-4 and Bengals play a 4-3.

How can this happen?

This is why the Ravens own the Steelers and the Steelers own the Bengals.  It's all about match-ups, the Bengals weaknesses are the Steelers strengths,  Baltimore does not lose the line of scrimage battle against the Steelers.  We do, period.  Easy formula.  You wanna beat the Steelers?  Get better at the point of attack. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:02 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cincinnati doesn't have the LBers to go to a 3-4. You think the defense sucks now, just wait until the transition period from going to a 3-4 from a 4-3. Carl Lawson would be a good 3-4 OLB but there isn't really anyone else who would transition very well.

A 4-3 can still work really well. Cincinnati is weak at LBer and has bad scheming.

You have an all pro DT, a pro bowl DE, and can’t generate any pressure.

Even when they blitz it takes 5 seconds and AB is on the end zone
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You have an all pro DT, a pro bowl DE, and can’t generate any pressure.  

Even when they blitz it takes 5 seconds and AB is on the end zone

I think it's a scheming issue. Steelers had a great gameplan and the Bengals didn't adjust. The Bengals were first in the league in generating pressure before this game. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 12:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think it's a scheming issue. Steelers had a great gameplan and the Bengals didn't adjust. The Bengals were first in the league in generating pressure before this game. 

It’s all mental
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I believe ML has a 18-12 record against the Ravens. You mentioned 16 years so why I bring it up.

Bengals own Ravens, Ravens own Steerers, Steelers own Bengals.  Go figure.   Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It just does not make any sense that they should dominate us the way they do.

But they have for the last, going on 27 years.  However, history means nothing.  Maybe they'll get them in Pittsburgh!   Nervous
Reply/Quote
There's nothing wrong with a 4-3 alignment. Jim Schwartz is one of the best and most well respected DCs in the league. He hardly ever blitzes, just rushes 4. Mike Zimmer is no fool - he had no interest in changing Minnesota to a 3-4.
Reply/Quote