Bullock
Shawn Williams
Geno
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baltimore Game Ball
This one goes to Andy for 0, ZERO interceptions. Good to see AJ and Williams make up for their poor showing last week.
Reply/Quote
My vote is Hopkins. After Price went down, we could've had an offensive line like the last two seasons, but he came in and our line continued playing like it had been with Price, for the most part.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
AJ and Dalton get props, of course. But Hart and Hopkins held up against the Baltimore D and kept Andy clean. If Bates would have just knocked down that second INT attempt that led to the Baltimore TD, I would've given him the ball....but rookie mistake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine has to sleep some time.

I gotta give love to the guy many around here wanted cut last week. Shawn Williams.

Gotta echo that. I didn't want him cut, just benched. I saw a different guy last night than what i'm used to seeing. He was all over the place last night and a playmaker.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Clint Boling was a beast had his man beat all night. Opened up quite a few wide rushing lanes for mixon and gio. honorable mention goes to Cordy Glenn as well.
Reply/Quote
Dunlap and Shawn Williams had themselves some games, but watching the game, you really get the sense of which side "won it".

Our offense definitely won the game. They gave the defense a huge lead to defend and still managed to tack on more when it got close (thanks to the D).

On offense, it has to be between AJ and Andy. I gotta roll with AJ for redeeming himself after 2 fumbles last week.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My initial though is Jesse Bates III. That early interception completely stole the momentum from the Ravens, and they did have the momentum going at the time. Their defense came out of the gate and quickly stoned our offense for a 3 and out, then they promptly started marching straight down field. Had Bates not made that timely interception, we likely could have been watching a completely different ball game.

So, now after giving props to Bates for his early heroics, Andy Dalton played a near flawless game. If it weren't for a couple of unfortunate drops, the offense could have easily rung up 40+ on a Raven's defense that isn't any pushover.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
They all had great games, or at least great halfs, but that strip sack by Shawn was the game clincher, so he gets mine.
Reply/Quote
Man, hard one. Have to go with Shawn though as i have never voted for him before. That was some great hustle
on the Safety blitz where he forced the fumble. Nice stat line for Shawn. Dunlap had a great game too and Geno
with another multi sack game. Could vote for AJ, Andy or Shawn on this one.

Great stuff, 2-0 baby, both in the AFC and one up in the AFCN. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My initial though is Jesse Bates III.  That early interception completely stole the momentum from the Ravens, and they did have the momentum going at the time.  Their defense came out of the gate and quickly stoned our offense for a 3 and out, then they promptly started marching straight down field.  Had Bates not made that timely interception, we likely could have been watching a completely different ball game.

So, now after giving props to Bates for his early heroics, Andy Dalton played a near flawless game.  If it weren't for a couple of unfortunate drops, the offense could have easily rung up 40+ on a Raven's defense that isn't any pushover.

Great points about Bates, i think he will get plenty of game balls in the future though.

I just had to vote for Shawn who clinched it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: My vote is Hopkins. After Price went down, we could've had an offensive line like the last two seasons, but he came in and our line continued playing like it had been with Price, for the most part.

Good one Philhos. Seems Hopkins plays better at Center than Guard. Great backup to have in case.

How is Price BTW? Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Gotta echo that. I didn't want him cut, just benched. I saw a different guy last night than what i'm used to seeing. He was all over the place last night and a playmaker.

Yeah, I'm with you guys.  He REALLY stepped up his game this week and got that sweet redemption.  It was obvious when he wasn't in there briefly too.  I said we need a turnover here guys......he picks off Flacco (with help from Dunlap).  I said it again, he strip sacks Flacco.  He was all over the field.  I pondered a benching as well......but he earned those stripes back in spades last night:  game ball.

Dunlap was ALL OVER the place, what a game he had.  Dalton was sharp most of the game, and AJ Green was......AJ Green.  The oline did a bang up job.  Big shouts to Bobby Hart watching his Indy film and cleaning some things up.  Outstanding game......nice fill in from Hopkins too.  How 'bout a shout out to our new oline coach too.  He obviously saw some things week 1 and corrected them.  Brings Trey in at C, and we hardly missed a beat.  NO SACKS against Balt.  Impressive indeed.....

Joe Mixon.....this offense is quite simply hard to defend when he's in the game.  They HAVE to account for him, which left AJ facing single coverage a few times.  Look how that turned out for them.  Look how our offense sputtered without him.

Nice to see the team face a little adversity and momentum shift and make plays when they had to in order to seal the win.  In the bright lights of PrimeTime, no less......

Let's not forget some clutch kicks from Big Randy.....and two sacks from Geno.  Nice play from Hubbard too.  Eifert sightings.....Boyd still can't be covered by them.....nice all around game fellas.  Oh, and Bill Lazor for being aggressive, maybe a little too aggressive at the end of the 1st half, but I'll take keeping the hammer down versus playing not to lose.  I'd rather go out guns a blazing than being retroactive.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 12:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good one Philhos. Seems Hopkins plays better at Center than Guard. Great backup to have in case.

How is Price BTW? Nervous

From what I've been able to read, just a sprained ankle.  I would think that he should be full go for the Panthers game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I'm with you guys.  He REALLY stepped up his game this week and got that sweet redemption.  It was obvious when he wasn't in there briefly too.  I said we need a turnover here guys......he picks off Flacco (with help from Dunlap).  I said it again, he strip sacks Flacco.  He was all over the field.  I pondered a benching as well......but he earned those stripes back in spades last night:  game ball.

Dunlap was ALL OVER the place, what a game he had.  Dalton was sharp most of the game, and AJ Green was......AJ Green.  The oline did a bang up job.  Big shouts to Bobby Hart watching his Indy film and cleaning some things up.  Outstanding game......nice fill in from Hopkins too.  How 'bout a shout out to our new oline coach too.  He obviously saw some things week 1 and corrected them.  Brings Trey in at C, and we hardly missed a beat.  NO SACKS against Balt.  Impressive indeed.....

Joe Mixon.....this offense is quite simply hard to defend when he's in the game.  They HAVE to account for him, which left AJ facing single coverage a few times.  Look how that turned out for them.  Look how our offense sputtered without him.

Nice to see the team face a little adversity and momentum shift and make plays when they had to in order to seal the win.  In the bright lights of PrimeTime, no less......

Let's not forget some clutch kicks from Big Randy.....and two sacks from Geno.  Nice play from Hubbard too.  Eifert sightings.....Boyd still can't be covered by them.....nice all around game fellas.  Oh, and Bill Lazor for being aggressive, maybe a little too aggressive at the end of the 1st half, but I'll take keeping the hammer down versus playing not to lose.  I'd rather go out guns a blazing than being retroactive.....

Yep. 

Lap reported that Hart had trouble with the silent count last week. You could tell on the 2nd sack he gave up, he was looking inside and Hunt got off right at the snap and Hart was late. 

Last night he looked like the guy i saw in preseason. Nothing spectacular, but solid enough.

On a side note...along with everyone else, i've been yelling to run less to the right but on re-watching the game, there were a few good holes and some production from Mixon and Gio to the right last night. Not a lot but some. Plus, you can't just run left all the time. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
TEAM WIN BABY ! .........Love it.

But gave it to Williams per defense winning that game by stopping Ravens momentum several times late until offense got going again.

Mixon also played a big role when offense was stagnant. When he went to hit the hole where there was none and reversed fields for a big gain it was a huge lift.

Of course AJ and Andy were instrumental as well.

With everybody who had to leave field per injury it was a big win.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. 

Lap reported that Hart had trouble with the silent count last week. You could tell on the 2nd sack he gave up, he was looking inside and Hunt got off right at the snap and Hart was late. 

Last night he looked like the guy i saw in preseason. Nothing spectacular, but solid enough.

On a side note...along with everyone else, i've been yelling to run less to the right but on re-watching the game, there were a few good holes and some production from Mixon and Gio to the right last night. Not a lot but some. Plus, you can't just run left all the time. 

Absolutely agree.  Interesting info from Lap, thanks for sharing.

If Hart can play this well all season, we're in business.  Like you said, if he allows us to run right just enough to keep em honest, that's good enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
A.J. Green for having a career high 3 tds and having a nice comeback from 2 fumbles last week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:42 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: A.J. Green for having a career high 3 tds and having a nice comeback from 2 fumbles last week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This. AJ did not fumble this week. 3 tds is a record for him too. He controlled the first half of the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
AJ Green on offense.
Williams on defense.

Honorable mention: Dunlap. He was all over the place like usual.
Reply/Quote
Flacco Ninja
Reply/Quote