Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bannon Out
No link, but just heard it from Rush himself.

# fallguy
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-18-2017, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: No link, but just heard it from Rush himself.

# fallguy

He spoke on the record and let some truth out.  (not flagged as "fake news" by the administration either).

Plus his ties to the alt-right.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-18-2017, 01:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: He spoke on the record and let some truth out.  (not flagged as "fake news" by the administration either).

Plus his ties to the alt-right.

I don't think it had much to do with the alt-right. That was well known before. End of the day, you can't represent an administration of warhawks and speak out against the use of military force. He was  correct that there's no good option where Seoul isn't devastated, but that doesn't mean Mattis and the rest want to discuss that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-18-2017, 01:59 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't think it had much to do with the alt-right. That was well known before. End of the day, you can't represent an administration of warhawks and speak out against the use of military force. He was  correct that there's no good option where Seoul isn't devastated, but that doesn't mean Mattis and the rest want to discuss that.

As a scapegoat though for what the POTUS said.  Shows Trump isn't beholden to Bannon and his beliefs.

Or not.

Who know why Trump does anything.
one less white supremacist in the WH
People suck
I'm glad he's gone. He and his alt-right minions are human shit.

I do think it was a dumb move for the Trumpster, though. Bannon is as media savvy as they come, and a toxic human being. If he's disgruntled, then we'll find out every piece of dirt imaginable on that administration's staff.

Also, this leaves Trump extremely vulnerable to being pigeonholed as a Goldman-Sachs puppet by the loony (Alex Jones, etc) right. Without Bannon's influence to encourage populism and "economic nationalism", Trump will become just another corporatist warhawk GOP president. It might be a win for the Reps in the House, but when it comes time for re-election, it will be tough for him to cling to the mantle of little man's champion (which was always a lie anyway).
Bannon knew this was coming, which is why he gave that 'not on record' interview very recently. He was like, if I am going down, I am going down in flames.

But too late now, the damage of having an ex-Breitbart exec as an advisor has already been done.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-18-2017, 03:01 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Bannon knew this was coming, which is why he gave that 'not on record' interview very recently. He was like, if I am going down, I am going down in flames.

But too late now, the damage of having an ex-Breitbart exec as an advisor has already been done.

Off topic, but this is the second time this has come up this week:

Years ago I watched a documentary on the underground comics scene and one phrase always stuck with me.  So much so that it was a mantra while we were in college:

"If you're going down in flames, hit something big."

Just googled it.  It was "Comicbook Confidential".  1988.  Freshman year of college.  A LONG time ago!   Smirk

Anyway....carry on!
Just the administration running like the "fine-tuned machine" it is.
Wow...didn't hear about this until I saw this thread. What happened? Was he fired or quit?
(08-18-2017, 04:10 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wow...didn't hear about this until I saw this thread.  What happened? Was he fired or quit?

[Image: Trump_Youre_Fired_02.jpg]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

His behavior this past week has been a little erratic, so I'm not surprised. Particularly with consideration for the average longevity of a Trump staffer.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(08-18-2017, 04:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: His behavior this past week has been a little erratic, so I'm not surprised. Particularly with consideration for the average longevity of a Trump staffer.

There is one common denominator to the Trump staff firings.

The guy who hired them.

So sad.
(08-18-2017, 05:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: There is one common denominator to the Trump staff firings.

The guy who hired them.

So sad.

It's almost like they didn't see it coming.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
[Image: dysfunctiondemotivator.jpeg?v=1403275986]
Should have never been in
(08-18-2017, 06:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Should have never been in

But then we would have never got to see that look on his face when he was surrounded by Saudis on the middle east trip.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347182-bannon-the-trump-presidency-is-over

Quote:Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is declaring the impact of the Trump presidency "over."

“The Trump presidency that we fought for, and won, is over,” he told the Weekly Standard on Friday. “We still have a huge movement, and we will make something of this Trump presidency. But that presidency is over."

In an interview with the conservative outlet, Bannon said President Trump's administration would "be much more conventional" in the wake of his departure.

Bannon said his absence from the White House will likely make it “much harder” for Trump to pave a way forward on issues like “economic nationalism and immigration.”

He went on to predict Republicans would "moderate" Trump. He said the congressional GOP hasn't given full throated support to Trump's agenda since he took office.

“Now, it’s gonna be Trump,” he told the Standard. “I just think his ability to get anything done – particularly the bigger things, like the wall, the bigger, broader things that we fought for, it’s just gonna be that much harder.”

News of Bannon's departure from the White House broke Friday. Hours later, the former chief strategist had returned to his previous role as the executive chair of Breitbart News.

Bannon told the Standard that he is eager to get back to Breitbart and lead the opposition from there. 

"Now I’m free. I’ve got my hands back on my weapons," he said. "Someone said, ‘it’s Bannon the Barbarian.’ I am definitely going to crush the opposition. There’s no doubt. I built a ------- machine at Breitbart. And now I’m about to go back, knowing what I know, and we’re about to rev that machine up. And rev it up we will do.”

A number of conservatives expressed dismay about the loss of Bannon's influence in the White House.

Bannon also said he chose to resign, and that he had initially planned to exit the White House on Monday. But as political turmoil mounted around Trump in the wake of his comments on Charlottesville, Bannon decided to remain on for a few more days.

"I’d always planned on spending one year" in the White House," he said.

-This report was updated at 6:57 p.m.

Is there still some doubt that Bannon is a racist turd that was pushing Trump?
(08-18-2017, 08:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/347182-bannon-the-trump-presidency-is-over

Is there still some doubt that Bannon is a racist turd that was pushing Trump?

I'm confused. Is Bannon basically saying he was the president?
(08-18-2017, 08:45 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I'm confused. Is Bannon basically saying he was the president?

I took it as the President's "plan" as it was was all Bannon.  And Bannon doesn't think Trump can continue to get it done without him.

Also Bannon cares more about immigrants and the alt-right.