Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnidge
I like Uzomah. Kroft has been a serious disappointment. It almost seems that he's as injury prone as Eifert (notice I said seems). When Eifert isn't ready this year or whenever it is he misses time, I hope Uzomah is the one they turn to. I think he has the potential to be a pretty good TE for us.

So Barnidge seems like an unnecessary luxury to me. With Green, LaFell, Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone, Mixon, Gio (when he returns), and even Hill, I feel there are enough pass catchers on the roster without having to add Barnidge. So when Eifert hits the shelf, Uzomah should do just fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd take Barnidge in a heartbeat over our other TEs not named Eifert.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I already posted my opinion in this thread maybe it was a different Gary thread but I think it would be a good move.

I'd like the idea of using 2 TE packages more with Barnridge or someone near his talent level in the fold. Not only that but we all know there is a very slim chance Eifert makes it through the full length of the season without missing some time. The only question is how much time will he miss imo. Let's take the same approach the Pats did with their often injured star TE. I think Eifert is just as good of a redzone weapon as Gronk when he's on the field so you don't want to lose him but you also don't want to be hung out to dry when Eifert gets hurt.

I don't have a lot of faith in Kroft and Uzomah at this moment. They have shown flashes but nothing that makes me think they will be a serious threat on the field. Capable backups on a good day? Sure but I want more than that.
Reply/Quote
Can he play o-line? Panic

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
With Raven's Dennis Pitta feared to have dislocated and fracture his hip again, I have to think Mr Barnidge's future home may be in Baltimore.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 06:25 PM)pally Wrote: With Raven's Dennis Pitta feared to have dislocated and fracture his hip again, I have to think Mr Barnidge's future home may be in Baltimore.

I'd be surprised if the Ravens didn't call him immediately. Especially with his experience in the division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Greeeatt Sad
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 07:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd be surprised if the Ravens didn't call him immediately. Especially with his experience in the division.

I was surprised they had not called him before the injury... we are much better at TE than they are going into the season already.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 10:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was surprised they had not called him before the injury... we are much better at TE than they are going into the season already.

If you're talking about depth, I'd have to disagree. Crockett Gilmore and Maxx Williams have been more productive than Uzomah and Kroft when given the opportunity. They combined for 65 catches, 680 yards and 5 TDs when Pitta was down in 2015. Barnidge would be good veteran competition though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote