Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates
Certainly seemed to be playing faster and better than he has, now that his head is out of the way again.
Reply/Quote
A guy who played mediocre the first half of the season admits to being in a bad mind state

Can’t pay a guy like that. Sorry
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: A guy who played mediocre the first half of the season admits to being in a bad mind state

While I agree, he might mature a bit from that experience. Let’s see these next half of games before writing him off. I think he deserves that much.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: A guy who played mediocre the first half of the season admits to being in a bad mind state

That's one way to look at it. But I think it points to the fact he wants to be here and wants the team to show its appreciation for all he's done and also wants to keep him here. If that's affected his play than that's unfortunate but understandable. He could just not care ball out and say peace out when free agency comes.

Not really sure what he's asking for money wise. I know we all assume he wants to be the highest paid safety but that may not be the case.
Reply/Quote
His 3rd down stop was one of the biggest plays of the game.
Reply/Quote
young stud who thought he was gonna get paid and it didnt work out this Summer.........pay him and lock up that spot for years
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:10 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: That's one way to look at it. But I think it points to the fact he wants to be here and wants the team to show its appreciation for all he's done and also wants to keep him here. If that's affected his play than that's unfortunate but understandable. He could just not care ball out and say peace out when free agency comes.

Not really sure what he's asking for money wise. I know we all assume he wants to be the highest paid safety but that may not be the case.

^This

I wanna see how he plays out.

If he gets back to form then pay the man.

He admitted not playing up to his level of ability and why.

I can accept that as a fan and if he learns from letting it get in his head but also corrects it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The team as a whole has bigger issues than 1 safety who has only played ok so far in 2021

Unless he plays at an all pro level from here on out, money should be spent elsewhere
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The team as a whole has bigger issues than 1 safety who has only played ok so far in 2021

Unless he plays at an all pro level from here on out, money should be spent elsewhere

Nothing like creating another hole in the defense just to spite a kid who was, by his own admission, playing in a bad head space and is working to fix himself.

That's how you make a winning team baby!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:21 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Nothing like creating another hole in the defense just to spite a kid who was, by his own admission, playing in a bad head space and is working to fix himself.

That's how you make a winning team baby!

We have a hole at the corner back spot opposite from waynes. Germaine Pratt isn’t good. More quality d-line depth would be nice. Also have to fix the o-line

I just think there’s too much money that has to be spent elsewhere to fix more glaring issues
Reply/Quote
Bates can be upgraded. Bell has quickly made him the 2nd best Safety on this team.

He,in no way,deserves big money. Now give him a contract in keeping with a solid NFL Safety and I' down.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bates can be upgraded. Bell has quickly made him the 2nd best Safety on this team.

He,in no way,deserves big money. Now give him a contract in keeping with a solid NFL Safety and I' down.

Agreed.......pay Bates what he is worth but dont break the bank..........lov the Bell/Bates combo back there.........they play well together
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bates can be upgraded. Bell has quickly made him the 2nd best Safety on this team.

I agree. Although I love his honesty, fact is, he’s getting paid based on what he does next and first 9 games will be considered in the negotiating.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Although I love his honesty, fact is, he’s getting paid based on what he does next and first 9 games will be considered in the negotiating.

Absolutely.

He should get paid his worth whatever that might be end of season.

I somewhat agree with Frank.  We shouldn't blow a ton of money on Bates when other areas need to be addressed.

I just don't want to trash on him for making an error in judgement...  not yet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

This... He's had a solid rookie season, a meh second year, one great season, and whatever this year is. No way in hell I'd overpay to keep him... As of this second I wouldn't franchise him either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: A guy who played mediocre the first half of the season admits to being in a bad mind state

I didn't mention anything about paying him, I just said he played better today. I personally wouldn't make that decision until the rest of the season plays out. If he balls out like he is capable, then I would offer him a fair contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We have a hole at the corner back spot opposite from waynes. Germaine Pratt isn’t good. More quality d-line depth would be nice. Also have to fix the o-line

I just think there’s too much money that has to be spent elsewhere to fix more glaring issues

So you want to fix holes by cutting a new one. Brilliant.

The team has enough money to get decent upgrades where we need them and extend Bates. Especially when they cut Waynes. Until they have to pay Burrow, they've got plenty of cash.
Reply/Quote

Who do we get to upgrade Bates?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:35 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Who do we get to upgrade Bates?

We could stick with the LSU theme and bring in The Honey Badger.

We could save some loot and draft one. Lots of good ones this year (Kyle Hamilton will be long gone:
Daxton Hill
Lewis Cine
Jordan Battle
Brandon Joseph
Jalen Catalon

In house we could go with Ricardo or Thomas and use the money elsewhere.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:34 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So you want to fix holes by cutting a new one. Brilliant.

The team has enough money to get decent upgrades where we need them and extend Bates. Especially when they cut Waynes. Until they have to pay Burrow, they've got plenty of cash.

I made a mistake saying “opposite of Waynes”

Waynes has to go. Keep Hilton and awuzie
Reply/Quote