Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Being Traded To The Eagles?
(05-27-2022, 11:39 AM)Emeritus Wrote: https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2022/05/23/eagles-jessie-bates/

Tiger

Its been Philly Its been Dallas or ten more teams looking to steal a young Safety from the Bengals. My question is simple.... What would a trade for Bates actually return in draft assets or players of need? I'd be surprised about two things when it comes to Bates..

1) That he returns a first round pick in any capacity.
No Carson Palmer deals this time.

2) I don't believe that he even signs his franchise tag until the 11th hour.(Aug?) That could bring him and the team more harm than good!

To me this is "maybe" the agent doing the player a disservice. I mean the guy has to know that top three position money isn't in the cards. I like that 12 mil a season sweet spot.  I root for Jessie as a player but I'm coming to grips that he won't be a Bengal much longer.
What number is he looking for because I've seen 17 mil a season. A second rounder and a potential starter is what he grabs in my opinion but I could be wrong. I totally understand the argument from both sides so its a tough one that could go deep into the summer.

Thoughts?

Only one NFL safety makes $17+ mill a year - Jamal Adams.
However, 3 safeties make $15+ mill a year - Adams, Harrison Smith, and Justin Simmons.
Expand that to $14+ mill and it adds 4 more - Budda Baker, Eddie Jackson, Kevin Byard, Marcus Williams.
Quandre Diggs is the last remaining safety who makes $13+ mill.
So if Bates signs his tender now, he'd be the 8th-highest safety based on APY.

I would argue that Bates is right up there with Budda Baker.
Baker - Averages 1 INT, 5.4 PDs, 1 FF, and 107.8 tackles per season
Bates - Averages 2.5 INTs, 8.75 PDs, 0.5 FFs, and 102 tackles per season

Baker makes $14.75 mill APY.
So Bates deserves to make at least $14 mill APY, IMO.

If I'm Bates, I'm looking for Bengals to at least get to that point. If not, I'm wanting to play elsewhere, as there will likely be a team that pays that much for my services.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is already a lengthy thread on this subject. Why does it need a new thread?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bates-Being-Traded-To-The-Eagles
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:04 PM)Stewy Wrote: There is already a lengthy thread on this subject.  Why does it need a new thread?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bates-Being-Traded-To-The-Eagles

You linked this very thread. 
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You linked this very thread.
He typed that into a different thread that got merged into this one.

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You linked this very thread. 

(05-27-2022, 12:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He typed that into a different thread that got merged into this one.

Yep.  My comment pre-merge.  Tecmo comment post merge.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He typed that into a different thread that got merged into this one.

Oops! Thank you for the explanation.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oops! Thank you for the explanation.

Go Bengals!  Tongue

Reply/Quote
On a side note: I love how this thread was dropped into "Fantasy Leagues" because there is nothing more to it than one guys speculation (original linked article) vs. any real information or facts.

Love the MOD sense of humor.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Go Bengals!  Tongue

Translation: Nice way of saying Tecmo was dumb.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: On a side note:  I love how this thread was dropped into "Fantasy Leagues" because there is nothing more to it than one guys speculation (original linked article) vs. any real information or facts.

Love the MOD sense of humor.

Pretty funny alright. Was it Harley? Would make sense if it was as he is probably the funniest MOD...
Reply/Quote