Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bates "Injury"
It looked like Jesse had some pretty bad cramps there for a minute because if he was faking it, his paycheck could be docked big bucks. Apparently the NFL sent out a memo on the topic on Friday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/04/nfl-warns-teams-about-faking-injuries/

Quote:“The NFL continues to emphasize the importance of upholding the integrity of the game and competitive fairness as our highest priority. We have observed multiple instances of clubs making a deliberate attempt to stop play unnecessarily this season. Pages A18 and A66. of the 2022 Policy Manual for Member Clubs — Game Operations state the following:

‘Any deliberate attempt by a team and/or player to stop play unnecessarily; prolong or delay the process; improperly take advantage of a stoppage in play; or influence the actions of an ATC Spotter will be’ considered an ‘unfair act’ and may result in discipline, in addition to any on-field penalty assessed by the Game Officials.

‘Clubs and players are advised that, should the League office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected of being involved in faking injuries will be interviewed and medical records will be reviewed. . . .’

Clubs and individuals determined to be in violation of this rule will be subject to League discipline ‘to include a minimum fine of $350,000 for the club, a minimum fine of $100,000 for the head coach, a minimum fine of $50,000 for assistant coaches, if applicable, and a minimum fine of $50,000 for players. Please be advised that violations of this rule may also result in suspensions of persons involved, and/or the forfeiture of a draft choice(s), including for first offenses. Clubs, club personnel (including head coaches and assistant coaches), and players have been held accountable for their actions this season.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He will be fined for sure, as well as he should be. However Zac should pay for it to make up for not taking the points at the end of the 1st half. ALWAYS take the points against a team like the chiefs!!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:01 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: He will be fined for sure, as well as he should be.  However Zac should pay for it to make up for not taking the points at the end of the 1st half.    ALWAYS take the points against a team like the chiefs!!

Zac was 100% correct in my view to go for it on 4th and inches. Even if they took 3 points, the Chiefs would have had plenty of time to get their own field goal. 4th and inches against a high-powered offense like the Chiefs you go for it. Look at Andy Reid. He didn't take the 3 points when it was 4th and about 3 yards. And the Chiefs made the TD.

One can complain about the playcall on 4th and inches, but I think going for it was the right decision.

As for Bates, I found it embarrassing when they showed it on on replay. He should get fined. 
Reply/Quote
Kinda stupid to fake it. They were in the two yard line anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, they gonna cut that check.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Kinda stupid to fake it. They were in the two yard line anyway.

I thought it was smart, as he got away with it. We were substituting too late, so we wouldn't have gotten everyone off the field in time to avoid the penalty for too many men. Half the distance there makes it much easier to push it over the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:01 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: He will be fined for sure, as well as he should be.  However Zac should pay for it to make up for not taking the points at the end of the 1st half.    ALWAYS take the points against a team like the chiefs!!

The decision wasn't bad with how they were running it.  Would've preferred a run behind RT to what they called though. 

Anywho, faking an injury is orders of magnitude less egregious than trying to injure a player at the end of a game.  After watching the Steelers and Titans both do pretty much that I was left shaking my head wondering just what it was that I was watching.  So hopefully that eye of Sauron can get deflected off of Bates because for all we know he was made ill and had a severe panic attack at the thought of too many men being on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: Zac was 100% correct in my view to go for it on 4th and inches. Even if they took 3 points, the Chiefs would have had plenty of time to get their own field goal. 4th and inches against a high-powered offense like the Chiefs you go for it. Look at Andy Reid. He didn't take the 3 points when it was 4th and about 3 yards. And the Chiefs made the TD.

One can complain about the playcall on 4th and inches, but I think going for it was the right decision.

As for Bates, I found it embarrassing when they showed it on on replay. He should get fined. 

This.  I have no issue at all going for it.  But they should have just sneaked it instead of getting cute.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:15 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The decision wasn't bad with how they were running it.  Would've preferred a run behind RT to what they called though. 

Anywho, faking an injury is orders of magnitude less egregious than trying to injure a player at the end of a game.  After watching the Steelers and Titans both do pretty much that I was left shaking my head wondering just what it was that I was watching.  So hopefully that eye of Sauron can get deflected off of Bates because for all we know he was made ill and had a severe panic attack at the thought of too many men being on the field.

panic attack!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: Zac was 100% correct in my view to go for it on 4th and inches. Even if they took 3 points, the Chiefs would have had plenty of time to get their own field goal. 4th and inches against a high-powered offense like the Chiefs you go for it. Look at Andy Reid. He didn't take the 3 points when it was 4th and about 3 yards. And the Chiefs made the TD.

I have no problem going for it but that was a very stupid play call. 

When you're inside the 5, especially on fourth and one, you run the ball north and south, not east and west. I was so pissed.

Zac always tries to get cute.
(12-04-2022, 10:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: This.  I have no issue at all going for it.  But they should have just sneaked it instead of getting cute.

Or a halfback off-tackle or even dive!

Running laterally is about the only time things can go wrong! He always tries to get tricky! KISS: KEEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!
Reply/Quote

Per the article, he, Zac and Mike brown could all be fined a lot. 
Reply/Quote
Get ready for the max in fines for club coaches and player. Won’t be surprised to see Bates suspension. Since we beat their darlings three times in one year, they may even try to take a draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 10:24 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Per the article, he, Zac and Mike brown could all be fined a lot. 

Plus loss of draft capital if I read it right
Reply/Quote
I’m missing something here. What did Bates exactly do?

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m missing something here. What did Bates exactly do?
https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/tony-romo-flopping-bengals-chiefs-reaction-fake-injury-jessie-bates-video
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly we lost a Superbowl in the late 80s to Jerry Rice repeatedly doing the same thing to us. Please fine him his ring and send it to us.

Reply/Quote
Lol that would be tough to prove!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2022, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/tony-romo-flopping-bengals-chiefs-reaction-fake-injury-jessie-bates-video

Looks legit.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
Prove it. If he actually saw through the huddle to make that up, it's almost impressive. But I just have a hard time believing you can prove one way or another someone had cramps. Regardless of Romo's talking about it, and regardless of Chiefs fans on twitter losing their minds. And it didn't affect anything in the game.
Reply/Quote
He was definitely faking it and it will cost him a fine.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote