Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates - No Intentions Reporting to Camp or Play on Tag
(07-15-2022, 03:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Trade him and get what? Team has zero leverage in a trade if every other teams knows he isn't going to play for them. 

Jessie can say what he wants, but that's a ***** move not playing on the tag. Business is business. If you don't like the franchise tag, your union should get rid of it. 

Seriously lost a lost of respect for Jessie here. 

You trade him primarily to get rid of the distraction. Also, I'm not sure we get nothing.

Look at the haul we got for Palmer. You never know. Teams know Mike Brown will keep a guy just because.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(07-22-2022, 06:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You trade him primarily to get rid of the distraction. Also, I'm not sure we get nothing.

Look at the haul we got for Palmer. You never know. Teams know Mike Brown will keep a guy just because.
The situations are slightly different though. 

QB vs Safety 

Also whatever team trades for him can't sign him longterm. 

I think we could get a good deal for him(depending on what you think  is good) but the teams would be limited. 

For me a 3rd + a young player would be good value.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(07-22-2022, 07:00 PM)J24 Wrote: The situations are slightly different though. 

QB vs Safety 

Also whatever team trades for him can't sign him longterm. 

I think we could get a good deal for him(depending on what you think  is good) but the teams would be limited. 

For me a 3rd + a young player would be good value.

I knew someone would nitpick. LOL

My point was just that we should get rid of him to dump the distraction and also, you never know what you'll get. All it takes is one team looking for a safety that is really high on Bates and wants to make a splash.

Usually with these types of trades, the team getting Bates would have assurances that a new deal would be in place. They may even work out the details before the trade is finalized.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Of course, this is assuming there's a team really wanting Bates enough to give value for him. I'd easily dump him for a 3rd and a player, and the player doesn't even have to be that good. Just someone that can fill a spot for us.

If that's what we're looking for, a deal shouldn't be too hard to find.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.