Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Bates To Falcons
(03-13-2023, 05:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: Seriously, there is a wide group of safety options on the market still. I am not worried at this juncture.

Indeed. Some people need to chill out around here

[Image: 17102e7dcf584602b83a589939e4e70e.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No qualms with losing him, especially at that price.

But losing both Bell and Bates is bad.

I don't think very highly of Dax Hill, so they'd better have something cooking, or we're in some soup.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are getting destroyed on Twitter. We might suck again lol.
Reply/Quote
Lou's dark day has officially arrived.

We'll probably be fine though.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No qualms with losing him, especially at that price.

But losing both Bell and Bates is bad.

I don't think very highly of Dax Hill, so they'd better have something cooking, or we're in some soup.

We need Gardner Johnson now...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Lou's dark day has officially arrived.

We'll probably be fine though.

In 2024 when the back end of the Defense is up to speed and has experience in the system. Until then it's bombs away for these AFC QB's.... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:53 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Indeed.  Some people need to chill out around here

Tell us when we can start to panic. In one of the free agent threads, some were responding to all the free agent signings by our competitors by saying but these teams were all losing players as well. Well, the Bengals have now lost their two starting safeties, and good ones at that. I guess I'll try and temper my concern until someone tells me we will be replacing them in the draft, or to look on the bright side: compensatory picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: 4 years 64 mil.

Bump that. 

Lou, go watch some college tape and get us a baller.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:57 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are getting destroyed on Twitter. We might suck again lol.

Twitter is populated almost exclusively by dipsh!ts. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:57 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are getting destroyed on Twitter. We might suck again lol.

How so? I looked on Twitter but couldn't find any bushings.

What are they saying?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: In 2024 when the back end of the Defense is up to speed and has experience in the system. Until then it's bombs away for these AFC QB's.... 

Debbie downer here lol
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
In my mind we couldn't afford to lose both safeties and they did just that, if they do not bring in a viable guy at least one we are hurting badly and teams will take advantage of our secondary!
Reply/Quote
Everyone knew Jesse Bates was leaving. Losing both starting safeties sucks, but it isn’t a premium position. There aren’t many big name safeties in the league. Not many people knew who Vonn Bell was before he played here. There are probably solid safeties in the market we’ve never heard of. We just have to wait for free agency and the draft then see how this plays out.
Reply/Quote
$23 million in year one...no way were the Bengals going to match that.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Is anyone on there giving your "destruction' any merit? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is anyone on there giving your "destruction' any merit? 

Half of this board.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: Half of this board.

It's awfully early in the game to panic.  

There are still a ton of players out there that can fill holes on this roster, and as time wears on the prices will be a bit less eye-popping.  

The Bengals can still come out of this smelling like roses.  Jettisioning 30 year old safeties that want 10 mil per is hardly a crazy idea.  Same with the Bates deal.  

I hope like hell they don't spend big money on Hurst.  

This book isn't even half-written yet.  The only thing that would be discouraging to me is if they are playing the comp pick game in a year when they are legit Super Bowl contenders.  That would be difficult to digest.
Reply/Quote
We were never paying that sort of money.

For a guy who had a great 2020 and an unbelievable 21-22 post season it’s a hell of a contract because the past 2 regular seasons he’s been average at best which is why people are sadder about losing Bell.

Time to step up Dax Hill
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:38 PM)jason Wrote: Half of this board.

Not me.  I think we could give Burrow an XFL team and he'd still win it all.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not me.  I think we could give Burrow an XFL team and he'd still win it all.

JB would rule in the XFL
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote