Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates and Higgins ruled out
(09-29-2021, 06:13 PM)jason Wrote: Trevor Lawrence is chucking around uncatchable passes at a very high rate this far.

Never underestimate your opponent.  Especially when all they have heard is how bad they suck, and they have a Nationally Televised game to try and show the world otherwise.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
crap
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Jacksonville will be without their starting K Lambo, that could be huge
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:06 PM)J24 Wrote: Worried about Bates injury because it's the Neck. Hopefully it's  a minor injury and he will be back soon.

I’m concerned as well. Specially since they haven’t let us know how serious? I mean, our medical staff has a history.

Player got a stinger = out 2-3 weeks
Dinged up = out 4-6 week.
Banged up = 8-10 weeks
Day to day = out for season.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m concerned as well. Specially since they haven’t let us know how serious? I mean, our medical staff has a history.

Banged up = 8-10 weeks

Yeah I think you injury time lines is accurate of the Zac and coaching staff regime. Ben baby had a picture of him on the sideline talking with Lou on tuesday during the first practice of the week. So I would have to think it's not too serious and hopefully he's back for the Packer's game.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’m concerned as well. Specially since they haven’t let us know how serious? I mean, our medical staff has a history.

Banged up = 8-10 weeks

Exactly 

Yet he will have 10 days to heal before our next game at least.

But you're correct and it is very concerning knowing our medical staff history. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Banged up = 8-10 weeks

Is that on the medical staff or the coaching staff for their public statements  I mean, we have no idea what the medical staff has actually told them.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I would like to think the short turn around has something to do with everyone missing. We may have to worry about Bates all year due to his contract situation he may need to be 100 percent in order to play. The line didnt move so betting public doesnt see a difference.
Reply/Quote
Pull out a win and they have two weeks rest.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:13 PM)jason Wrote: Trevor Lawrence is chucking around uncatchable passes at a very high rate this far.

(09-29-2021, 06:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He supposedly is, but I am very skeptical.  

An Eagles fan co-worker told me today we are guaranteed two picks off of him.

I have a feeling that Awuzie and Bates would have gone had it not been a short week, and I can't blame the team for holding them out in such a circumstance.  Gives them 2 weeks to get right before they take the field again.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pull out a win and they have two weeks rest.

Well to be fair, they have 2 weeks if we lose, as well. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair, they have 2 weeks if we lose, as well. 

No. Loser play Sunday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Banged up = 8-10 weeks

Deep thigh bruise is the real career ender.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:20 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The Bates injury is going to be a real problem

I agree
Reply/Quote
If Bates is out for any length, then we need to bring back Shawn Williams
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:37 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Jacksonville will be without their starting K Lambo, that could be huge

Lambo has missed all of his FG attempts and 2 of his extra points so far this year.  The Jags may be better off with him out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 06:23 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Never underestimate your opponent.  Especially when all they have heard is how bad they suck, and they have a Nationally Televised game to try and show the world otherwise.  

I don't underestimate him. I think Lawrence is the real deal. I think they're a rudderless ahip at the moment though, and he's playing hero ball.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think we can survive this for a week while playing the Jags on a Thursday night and getting to rest these guys.

Sure hope so, very valuable players, Bates might be our best player on D and Higgins might be our best WR but other
guys can step up and unlike in the past I have some confidence in this happening. Our DL is really helping out our LB's
and Secondary and I like the guys we have at depth at Safety behind Jessie.

With the way Chase and Boyd have been playing along with Auden having a decent game and Irwin being around we
could definitely be in a worse situation right now. Hope Waynes finally starts earning that paycheck.
Reply/Quote
Does that put Brandon Wilson in for Bates? At least we have Bell out there holding things down… wonder if he will be in the box a little less this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 07:08 PM)pally Wrote: Is that on the medical staff or the coaching staff for their public statements  I mean, we have no idea what the medical staff has actually told them.

Good point. TBH, it’s hard for us to tell at this point. I wonder why they lie though? Maybe lie is a bad choice of words? Why do the deceive? I can only think of three reasons.

1. Fool other teams planning?

2. Keep ticket sales up?

3. Sell more beer to depressed fans?

All joking aside, I wish they’d do better.

Reply/Quote