Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates and Higgins ruled out
(09-29-2021, 08:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Does that put Brandon Wilson in for Bates? At least we have Bell out there holding things down… wonder if he will be in the box a little less this game.

Sean Davis has a lot more experience at Safety than Brandon. Also loved what I saw of Henderson this Preseason.

Henderson seems like more of a Free ranging Safety like Bates.

If Ricardo was healthy this week I don't think this would be a question, he is a FS like Bates.
Reply/Quote
x2

P
(09-29-2021, 05:53 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Bates not playing is gonna hurt and if Awuzie doesn't play that might get me a little worried. Not only is this a game we shouldn't lose but we really can't afford to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:09 PM)Whacked Wrote: x2

P

Yeah, sure hope Awuzie plays, he has been damn good this year IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, sure hope Awuzie plays, he has been damn good this year IMO.

Not just your opinion. Saw a stats that showed he had lowest completion % on throws against him in the league. Not sure how long that’ll last but he’s been great thus far.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not just your opinion. Saw a stats that showed he had lowest completion % on throws against him in the league. Not sure how long that’ll last but he’s been great thus far.

For CBs playing 50% of max snaps (72 qualified) he's; 
16th most targeted. (Eli Apple is the most targeted)
16th in lowest completion %
18th in least amount of yards given up
6th in lowest Y/R given up 
27th in lowest quarterback rating against 

I don't think his grades show how good he's been at all. He's;
35th in Coverage 64.2
31st overall 65.7

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 08:05 PM)pally Wrote: Lambo has missed all of his FG attempts and 2 of his extra points so far this year.  The Jags may be better off with him out

I didn't know that

Edit: 2 we're from over 50 though
Reply/Quote
For comparison, Apple is; (again, 72 qualifiers)

1st most targeted. 
37th in lowest completion %
63rd in least amount of yards given up
12th in lowest Y/R given up (Awuzie, Hilton and Apple are all in the top 12)
32nd in lowest quarterback rating against 
(Awuzie and Apple have both given up 1 TD)

His grades are atrocious, but again, i don't think they accurately reflect against his stats.

71st in Coverage 34.6
70th overall 36.5

Awuzie, Apple and Hilton have all given up <9 Y/R

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Not happy about being down 2 starting DBs with Marvin Jones, Chark, and Shenault coming to town. Gonna need another big game out of the DL and LBs.
Reply/Quote
Let's take a quick look at Hilton V Alexander, in the slot, just for the hell of it.

Snaps:
Hilton 109
Alexander 74

Tar/Rec:
Hilton 13/11
Alexander 9/9

Yards:
Hilton 102
Alexander 120

TD:
Hilton 1
Alexander 0

Y/Snap:
Hilton 0.94
Alexander 1.62

QB rating against:
Hilton 125.0
Alexander 118.8

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's take a quick look at Hilton V Alexander, in the slot, just for the hell of it.

Snaps:
Hilton 109
Alexander 74

Tar/Rec:
Hilton 13/11
Alexander 9/9

Yards:
Hilton 102
Alexander 120

TD:
Hilton 1
Alexander 0

Y/Snap:
Hilton 0.94
Alexander 1.62

QB rating against:
Hilton 125.0
Alexander 118.8

That's this year? Or a comparison of where Alexander was after 3 games last season?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 10:14 PM)jason Wrote: That's this year? Or a comparison of where Alexander was after 3 games last season?

Head to head this year.

Reply/Quote
We will miss Bates an Chido for sure, they are our best players in the secondary, but if the DL and LB's keep playing like they have, and Waynes plays like he should, we should be ok. Definitely wish Higgins was back but we have guys like Tate and Evans to mix it up a bit. I expect and hope to keep seeing more of Evans. Should be a good game, not a gimme but I think we will win.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, sure hope Awuzie plays, he has been damn good this year IMO.

I’m a big fan of him too!!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For CBs playing 50% of max snaps (72 qualified) he's; 
16th most targeted. (Eli Apple is the most targeted)
16th in lowest completion %
18th in least amount of yards given up
6th in lowest Y/R given up 
27th in lowest quarterback rating against 

I don't think his grades show how good he's been at all. He's;
35th in Coverage 64.2
31st overall 65.7

Off topic but how is Larry ogunjobi a 59 in PFF? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 11:21 PM)J24 Wrote: Off topic but how is Larry ogunjobi a 59 in PFF? 

If i had to take a stab...

He's 5th of all DL in snaps with 165. 64 guys qualify in playing 50% of max snaps. LO's ranks;
(T) 44th in total pressures with 3 (1 sack)
11th in comb tackles
(T) 2nd in missed tackles (31.3% missed tackles)
6th in stops

He's not too terribly far from being "average" in grade but his 29.0 grade in tackling is bringing his overall grade way down and his low # of pressures compared to snaps doesn't help. Here is how he compares to Reader;

24th in snaps
25th in pressures (1 sack)
(7 total tackles compared to 11 for LO)
(T) 40th in missed tackles with a bunch of guys that have 0
15th in stops with 6. LO has 8

LO: 55 snaps per pressure
DR: 22 snaps per pressure
Just a few less tackles and a couple less stops for Reader and 0 missed tackles for DR. 

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 05:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whatever happened to that Rico dude we signed...did he go on IR?

He's a suave dude....
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 08:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we can survive this for a week while playing the Jags on a Thursday night and getting to rest these guys.

Sure hope so, very valuable players, Bates might be our best player on D and Higgins might be our best WR but other
guys can step up and unlike in the past I have some confidence in this happening. Our DL is really helping out our LB's
and Secondary and I like the guys we have at depth at Safety behind Jessie.

With the way Chase and Boyd have been playing along with Auden having a decent game and Irwin being around we
could definitely be in a worse situation right now. Hope Waynes finally starts earning that paycheck.

Yep.  And I see THIS Bengal's defense as such a strength right now against the run that it helps to stop the biggest asset of their team, their rushing attack.  They have solid WRs in Marvin Jones, Jr and DJ Chark, though, and without Bates it is a real concern.

This one might be on the offense's ability to outscore them instead of relying on the defense and doing "just enough". 

My early pick for player of the game is Mixon.  I have a feeling he is going to have a huge night and wants to ball out on National TV.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  And I see THIS Bengal's defense as such a strength right now against the run that it helps to stop the biggest asset of their team, their rushing attack.  They have solid WRs in Marvin Jones, Jr and DJ Chark, though, and without Bates it is a real concern.

This one might be on the offense's ability to outscore them instead of relying on the defense and doing "just enough". 

My early pick for player of the game is Mixon.  I have a feeling he is going to have a huge night and wants to ball out on National TV.  

Would be nice...keeps our offense on the field, lessens the time our defense is exposed with missing players.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 04:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: I never saw Bates get hurt Sunday. Anyone know what happened?

I saw him tackle Harris on a swing pass with 8:46 left in the 4th quarter.  His head was outside Harris' hip when Harris began to spin and he ended up square with Harris' hip.  He laid still on the ground, face down for a couple beats with what appeared to be an affected right arm (stinger like).

Pit kicked FG on next play and Bates was back in the lineup on Pit's next series, but arm was less animated than before.    
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2021, 09:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not just your opinion. Saw a stats that showed he had lowest completion % on throws against him in the league. Not sure how long that’ll last but he’s been great thus far.

Thought so myself. Very underrated acquisition it seems. Already much more impressed with Awuzie than what I saw from
WJ3 the last few years. Must just fit what Lou is running same with much of the Defense that is now here.

(09-29-2021, 11:20 PM)Whacked Wrote: I’m a big fan of him too!!

He is also a big Corner which helps.

Hope Waynes can be somewhat as good but I expect him to struggle being so rusty and coming off a hammy.

(09-30-2021, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  And I see THIS Bengal's defense as such a strength right now against the run that it helps to stop the biggest asset of their team, their rushing attack.  They have solid WRs in Marvin Jones, Jr and DJ Chark, though, and without Bates it is a real concern.

Sure love this. I absolutely hate to get ran on and this has been a major improvement this season so far.

This also helps our pass rush by putting the Offense in 3rd and longs so we can pin our ears back and get after the passer.

My pick for player of the game is Boyd. Think he starts scoring a TD or 2 and has a great game working in the Slot.

Think we rotate Evans in more which will keep Mixon fresh and this could also mean a big game for Mixon.

As Shake brought up in the other thread of his, we don't want to wear Mixon out.
Reply/Quote