Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates # change?
This may be why Bates' jersey isn't yet for sale....from 30 to 3

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I find it pretty cool. He’s got his own identity out there and should be feared by receivers. Having #3 is just branding that identity. Make it memorable JB3!
Reply/Quote
I’m surprised he’d want to change the # he was playing at an All Pro level in. Guess he’s not superstitious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I like this. I liked Tee possibly switching to 5 as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like this. I liked Tee possibly switching to 5 as well.

Tee has said multiple times he is not changing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Just as an FYI if a player wants to change their number this year they have to buy up all the current jerseys from the NFL distributors. On the other hand, they can give notice this year and change next year and not have to do anything. It’s a pretty substantial amount of money to change jerseys so I’m not sure you’ll see a ton of guys do it this year but some may.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just as an FYI if a player wants to change their number this year they have to buy up all the current jerseys from the NFL distributors. On the other hand, they can give notice this year and change next year and not have to do anything. It’s a pretty substantial amount of money to change jerseys so I’m not sure you’ll see a ton of guys do it this year but some may.

Not sure if the buying of current stock still applies when the team is getting new jerseys since all the ones with his old number on it are now old designs and either not being sold anymore or are on clearance racks most likely.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure if the buying of current stock still applies when the team is getting new jerseys since all the ones with his old number on it are now old designs and either not being sold anymore or are on clearance racks most likely.

The next guy I see wearin' a Jesse Bates jersey will be the first too. Just sayin'. I've seen many an 85 jersey on someone over the years too... It's never said Higgins on the back. I think those two could easily change their numbers this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 11:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just as an FYI if a player wants to change their number this year they have to buy up all the current jerseys from the NFL distributors. On the other hand, they can give notice this year and change next year and not have to do anything. It’s a pretty substantial amount of money to change jerseys so I’m not sure you’ll see a ton of guys do it this year but some may.

This is just triflin'... I know NFL teams lost some money last year, but come on. They're treating these guys like the busboy who just spilled a lot of glasses. If Joe Burrow were commissioner all of those outdated jerseys would be headed to the food bank.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:08 AM)jason Wrote: This is just triflin'... I know NFL teams lost some money last year, but come on. They're treating these guys like the busboy who just spilled a lot of glasses. If Joe Burrow were commissioner all of those outdated jerseys would be headed to the food bank.

This has been the rule on jersey number changes since the last CBA
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:08 AM)jason Wrote: This is just triflin'... I know NFL teams lost some money last year, but come on. They're treating these guys like the busboy who just spilled a lot of glasses. If Joe Burrow were commissioner all of those outdated jerseys would be headed to the food bank.

Why should NFL Distributors have to eat all the unsold jerseys because some player decided he didn't like his number anymore? Seems very fair to me, if they want to change they can, but they have to pay the costs.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Why should NFL Distributors have to eat all the unsold jerseys because some player decided he didn't like his number anymore? Seems very fair to me, if they want to change they can, but they have to pay the costs.

If Bates was traded to another team should the Bengals be required to pay for all the unsold Bates Bengal jerseys?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bates was traded to another team should the Bengals be required to pay for all the unsold Bates Bengal jerseys?

A team can only trade a player away once.  A player can hypothetically change his jersey number every year in an attempt to drive more merchandise sales, which is bad for fans.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 10:16 AM)Whatever Wrote: A team can only trade a player away once.  A player can hypothetically change his jersey number every year in an attempt to drive more merchandise sales, which is bad for fans.  

A player can hypothetically get traded to a different team every year.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A player can hypothetically get traded to a different team every year.

I think it has more to do with choice. If a team makes a player change jersey numbers he should not have to buy the unsold jerseys. If the player does it voluntarily without giving 1 season's notice the he accepts the cost incurred. 

Same logic with personnel actions. If Watson gets cleared and traded he should be required to but the unsold Texans jerseys; however, Geno shouldn't be required to buy unsold Bengal jerseys.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Looks good, now pay the man!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2021, 08:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Bates was traded to another team should the Bengals be required to pay for all the unsold Bates Bengal jerseys?

See if you can discern the difference.
Reply/Quote
Anyone concerned that now with changing jersey numbers our OL that couldnt pickup much will have a harder time identifing who they are suppose to block?
Reply/Quote
Bates would have to get Austin Seibert to give up #3.

Related to the number changes, I do think Chase takes a single digit if he's drafted.
He did change his jersey number in college to 7 before opting out, so I could see him either going with 7, 1 (the jersey he wore in 2019), or 5 (the draft pick he would be).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I *THINK* that I read somewhere that the player has to buy out all the current stock of their old numbers. Something that was already written into agreements or something. 
Reply/Quote