Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates
(12-06-2021, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you were thinking.

Bates performance against LAC:

Targeted: 5
Receptions Allowed: 5
Yards allowed: 85
Passer rating when targeted: 158.3

The next time I play Madden will be the first time I play Madden

Loved him last few yrs and now he looks like his mind is elsewhere
Id say sign or draft someone and save the $ and possibly resign him at a fair Price but NO WAY SHOULD THEY BE BREAKING PIGGY BANK ON HIM...HE IS NOT A DERWIN JAMES OR JAMAL ADAMS type of talent 
Reply/Quote
He's lost a ton of money tthis year. Thank God, they didn't break the bank on him. Smart move by the front office..
Reply/Quote
I was in the camp that over-valued Bates going into the year. Now I'm glad they didn't sign him. He has fallen off a cliff.

I don't think he needs replacing. I think he'll improve. But he proved he's not worth what he was asking for. Still hope to see him re-signed this offseason. I think he's better than he's shown this year for sure. But I don't think he's an elite safety.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Chargers game cemented the fact that he’s not the answer at safety. First he got tackled in the open field by a quarterback then he got humiliated on a double move. His number one job is to limit big plays and he gets toasted deep with a 15 yard cushion.
Reply/Quote
lmfao where's the one bafoon that always keeps yelling to "pay the man" ?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not entirely sure what you were thinking.

Bates performance against LAC:

Targeted: 5
Receptions Allowed: 5
Yards allowed: 85
Passer rating when targeted: 158.3

The next time I play Madden will be the first time I play Madden

Took you 2 weeks to respond and you used stats from a game where the entire team looked like shite.

You went full Fred. You never go full Fred.
Reply/Quote
I think his play has dropped off because the contract has been in his head.

I'm glad that we didn't break the bank on him just in case I'm wrong, but hopefully now he he still gets a decent pay day and comes in next year on fire and head back in the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think his play has dropped off because the contract has been in his head.

I'm glad that we didn't break the bank on him just in case I'm wrong, but hopefully now he he still gets a decent pay day and comes in next year on fire and head back in the game.

I don't understand how these guys could go that route... He's literally losing millions. I would think that would motivate you...
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bates can be upgraded. Bell has quickly made him the 2nd best Safety on this team.

He,in no way,deserves big money. Now give him a contract in keeping with a solid NFL Safety and I' down.
They're asked to do two different things. Bates is deep Safety and Bell is a box safety. Comparing the two is down right silly.
(12-06-2021, 05:23 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm ready to let him walk. A step or two behind almost every play it seems and he got burned for two TDs today. I doubt that he gets his head on straight anytime soon.
1.) He didn't get burned the reciever made a great play on a jump ball and 2.) His Eyes let him down on the Allen TD.

Bates play has been unlike him this year but getting rid of him in the off-season would be a dumb move. 1.) He is under 25 , 2.) He is well respected in the Locker Room, 3.) Only has missed one game in his entire career, and 4.)the Dude was considered the best player at his position and a top 10 player at his position his rookie season.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 05:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s been beyond disappointing. With Hendrickson reeking havoc on opposing QB’s on a weekly basis Bates should really be racking up the picks. Yet he only has one on the season. One.

He’s never been a very good tackler so if he’s not a ball hawking center fielder type safety he’s really not bringing much to the table. He also only has like 2 PD all year.

Team friendly deal or let him test FA.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ except its wrecking havoc instead of reeking from smoking weed. 

Yet great points 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ except its wrecking havoc instead of reeking from smoking weed. 

Yet great points 

My opinion on this has changed. He was our best player in the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ except its wrecking havoc instead of reeking from smoking weed. 

Yet great points 

And we were both wrong, Mr Grammar police. It’s *wreaking havoc* Tongue

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My opinion on this has changed. He was our best player in the playoffs.

Agree. He has to come Back one (deal) way or another (tag).
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 09:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think his play has dropped off because the contract has been in his head.

Which makes me wonder if his play will drop off again if he's distracted by a franchise tag, or 2 years down the road when he thinks he's underpaid, or 3 years down the road when the fully guaranteed money in his contract is up, or when he's in his contract year again, etc. Every year can be a minefield of his play dropping off, and this is a guy who was never delivering consistent play in the first place.

I don't mind guys being concerned about getting paid. That's their livelihoods. I do mind if guys let it affect their ability to play quality football because it makes me think this won't be the last time and that makes it hard to trust them. 

Think Revis and how he eventually just had to play a ton of essentially 1 year contracts because of it, but at least Revis was the best CB in the league for a few years before he became that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we were both wrong, Mr Grammar police. It’s *wreaking havoc* Tongue

You're right and really I'm the worst at English ever and could be called on this in each post, especially sentence structuring. Just smoke a lot of weed and reek often so went for a joke in bad taste. 

My fault it was a long day at hospital and have only had SB off in the last 30, just spent presently. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 10:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Which makes me wonder if his play will drop off again if he's distracted by a franchise tag, or 2 years down the road when he thinks he's underpaid, or 3 years down the road when the fully guaranteed money in his contract is up, or when he's in his contract year again, etc. Every year can be a minefield of his play dropping off, and this is a guy who was never delivering consistent play in the first place.

I don't mind guys being concerned about getting paid. That's their livelihoods. I do mind if guys let it affect their ability to play quality football because it makes me think this won't be the last time and that makes it hard to trust them. 

Think Revis and how he eventually just had to play a ton of essentially 1 year contracts because of it, but at least Revis was the best CB in the league for a few years before he became that.

I hope not and hope I'm wrong because a defender's play is less of a mind game than an offensive player because the offensive player has to think about more of the technical stuff and where they need to be or what they need to do, while a defender's play, while they do need to know assignments and their areas or who they need to cover, is more based off instinctual play.

Offensive players are also more worried about getting injured because, while defenders can tear things or break things, it's a lot less likely than offensive players.

I'm hoping that it has the opposite effect of what you're thinking and he'll just come out balls to the wall just knowing that he'll get an even bigger deal next year. Some people can do that and put it out of his mind while they're playing. I hope he's one of them.
Reply/Quote